Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:01 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management
Schools:Ross
 Q51  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
 Q51  V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GPA: 2.97
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Consulting
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
GoRoss wrote:
Hey
This is my first post on the forum. I got a Super Interview Saturday Invite yesterday. Anyone knows what kind of interview to expect? Is it formal or friendlier? I am an Indian currently in US.

I did not have a Super Saturday interview, but many of my classmates have said they did. It is certainly a sell weekend, and they treat you quite well. All my classmates who have mentioned it have said that it played a really large role in their decision to come to Ross.

With regards to the interview, I can't imagine it is significantly different than a regular one. My interview was friendly, and conversational. I interviewed with an MBA2, and she was very nice. Know your resume well, and be prepared for situational questions (tell me about a team experience, tell me about a time you failed, etc).

Enjoy your experience; make sure you go out in the evening and meet some MBAs (feel free to PM me if you want to chat or go out that evening, although I am sure they have plenty planned). Ross is a really amazing place, and I am sure, regardless of your final choice, you will enjoy the weekend.
Intern
Intern
 Q51  V41
Send PM
sam77sam7 wrote:
GoRoss wrote:
Hey
This is my first post on the forum. I got a Super Interview Saturday Invite yesterday. Anyone knows what kind of interview to expect? Is it formal or friendlier? I am an Indian currently in US.

I did not have a Super Saturday interview, but many of my classmates have said they did. It is certainly a sell weekend, and they treat you quite well. All my classmates who have mentioned it have said that it played a really large role in their decision to come to Ross.

With regards to the interview, I can't imagine it is significantly different than a regular one. My interview was friendly, and conversational. I interviewed with an MBA2, and she was very nice. Know your resume well, and be prepared for situational questions (tell me about a team experience, tell me about a time you failed, etc).

Enjoy your experience; make sure you go out in the evening and meet some MBAs (feel free to PM me if you want to chat or go out that evening, although I am sure they have plenty planned). Ross is a really amazing place, and I am sure, regardless of your final choice, you will enjoy the weekend.

Hey thanks. Says a lot about Ross if even after getting in, the students are willing to take out time to guide the next batch hopefuls.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Operations
Schools:Kellogg, Ross, Tepper
 Q50  V41
Send PM
I just received an interview invite email. For those still waiting, don't worry, last years thread leads me to believe that there will be a ton of Nov invites :)

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Energy, Analytical Finance, Strategy
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
WE 1: Energy Risk Consulting
WE 2: Commodities Finance
Send PM
I got the invite for interview this morning at 6:32 EST! :-D

I visited Ann Arbor earlier this month, so I'm inclined to do a local interview. Any thoughts on the if there is a reason to go to A2 again? Is it a bad sign if its not a Super Saturday interview?? I wish I were super ultra-cool too...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
 Q51  V41
Send PM
Kudos
unhedged wrote:
I got the invite for interview this morning at 6:32 EST! :-D

I visited Ann Arbor earlier this month, so I'm inclined to do a local interview. Any thoughts on the if there is a reason to go to A2 again? Is it a bad sign if its not a Super Saturday interview?? I wish I were super ultra-cool too...

u know, i am not sure about the super ultra-cool thing. I live in Michigan and perhaps they have arranged this event to sell and asked the people who can take an on-campus interview to come down. I dont think there is much to read in it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GPA: 2.97
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
I agree, I think that everyone does themselves a injustice thinking that they have been singled out for (or excluded from) an "ultra-cool" interview...ESPECIALLY without an acceptance offer in hand yet.

Just take the fact that you're being interviewed at face value and knock the interview out of the park. Good luck to all.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Yale, Michigan, Cornell $$, Duke
 Q45  V46
Send PM
Pre777 wrote:
I agree, I think that everyone does themselves a injustice thinking that they have been singled out for (or excluded from) an "ultra-cool" interview...ESPECIALLY without an acceptance offer in hand yet.

Just take the fact that you're being interviewed at face value and knock the interview out of the park. Good luck to all.

I agree. Super Interview Saturday is a good opportunity, just as any interview opportunity is a good opportunity. I spoke to a friend of mine who attended a Super Sat. last year, she kept in touch with at least one person who attended and was not granted admission. I am sure there were more.
Intern
Intern
 Q51  V41
Send PM
orgninja wrote:
Pre777 wrote:

I agree. Super Interview Saturday is a good opportunity, just as any interview opportunity is a good opportunity. I spoke to a friend of mine who attended a Super Sat. last year, she kept in touch with at least one person who attended and was not granted admission. I am sure there were more.

I know of one who was not granted admission and of one who was waitlisted. Dont know if he converted it though. They judge u in the Super Sat just like they do in any other interview. Hence, I am not re-assured in anyway that I have any advantage to begin with. Hope that alienates the anxiety.
Current Student
 Q45  V46
Send PM
By the way, what does it take to get on the roll call in this forum?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 299 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
pardon my ignorance ... but can somebody shed some light on super saturday. what is it? If you could provide some web pointers that would be great too.

thanks in advance
Current Student
 Q45  V46
Send PM
rao_1857 wrote:
pardon my ignorance ... but can somebody shed some light on super saturday. what is it? If you could provide some web pointers that would be great too.

thanks in advance

This is how Ross describes it to those invited:

The Ross School of Business is pleased to invite you to Super Interview Saturday, to be held on Saturday, December 5, 2009. This exclusive event will allow a highly select group of applicants to interview on campus and learn more about our MBA program. Come and meet members of our Admissions staff, current students, and fellow applicants!

The day’s events will include interviews, a panel discussion with current students, a tour, career workshop, welcome from the Dean, and a dinner reception. Applicants will jump-start their professional networks, and learn first-hand about the Ross difference. Come see for yourself.
Current Student
 Q45  V46
Send PM
Also just found this from the Ross student newspaper. Answer provided by Admissions Director Soojin Kwon Koh.

3.Talk about Super Saturday. This year was the first year of the event. How many people were invited and how did it go overall?

We had about 70 attendees at Super Saturday, which was our goal. We received very positive feedback. Just under half of survey respondents said they were likely to enroll at Ross before attending Super Saturday. After attending the event, the percentage jumped to 90%. Attendees clearly appreciated Dean Dolan's candid and passionate answers about what makes Ross unique, why action-based learning makes sense and where the school is headed. Said one attendee, "The Dean's passion for Ross was evident…[it] was one of the most important contributing factors in moving Ross from a potential choice to the clear leader." Attendees were also impressed by the true community feel of Ross through a panel session with current students and an informal reception at the Ann Arbor Art Center. (Thank you to all of the ASC and Ambassadors who helped make this event a success!)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Dumb question - does Ross (and b-schools in general) offer cheaper accommodations to prospective students visiting the campus at a student residence, etc or do people normally stay at a nearby hotel? Also do I drop a line to the adcom in advance to let them know I plan on visiting and ask to sit in on a class/meet students more formally, etc? Thanks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:MIT
Send PM
MBAdreams wrote:
Dumb question - does Ross (and b-schools in general) offer cheaper accommodations to prospective students visiting the campus at a student residence, etc or do people normally stay at a nearby hotel? Also do I drop a line to the adcom in advance to let them know I plan on visiting and ask to sit in on a class/meet students more formally, etc? Thanks.

Most schools have programs set up for prospective students. Check their websites, usually under "Admissions" or "Visit" or something like that.

For Ross, it looks like they've got a program also - they call it the Visit In Person program. The link is https://www.bus.umich.edu/Admissions/Mba/Tours/

You can sign up there. As far as hotels and accommodations - I'm not really sure, but I think it varies by school, with most not having much in the way of significant discounts. But I could be wrong there.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
First Page Updated! Please let me know if I miss any status.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 299 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
orgninja wrote:
Also just found this from the Ross student newspaper. Answer provided by Admissions Director Soojin Kwon Koh.

3.Talk about Super Saturday. This year was the first year of the event. How many people were invited and how did it go overall?

We had about 70 attendees at Super Saturday, which was our goal. We received very positive feedback. Just under half of survey respondents said they were likely to enroll at Ross before attending Super Saturday. After attending the event, the percentage jumped to 90%. Attendees clearly appreciated Dean Dolan's candid and passionate answers about what makes Ross unique, why action-based learning makes sense and where the school is headed. Said one attendee, "The Dean's passion for Ross was evident…[it] was one of the most important contributing factors in moving Ross from a potential choice to the clear leader." Attendees were also impressed by the true community feel of Ross through a panel session with current students and an informal reception at the Ann Arbor Art Center. (Thank you to all of the ASC and Ambassadors who helped make this event a success!)

thanks orgninja .. thansk for sharing the info!!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Corp Fin
Schools:Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
 Q44  V42 GMAT 2: 710  Q47  V40
GPA: 1.87
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Send PM
GoBruins wrote:
First Page Updated! Please let me know if I miss any status.

I have decided to apply in R2. Thanks, GoBruins.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  97   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts