Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:20 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Duke R1, Cornell R2, Columbia RD, Darden R2 (withdrawn), Ross R2
GMAT 2: 720  Q47  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
 Q49  V37
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools:Fuqua Class of 2012
 Q50  V42
Send PM
Re: Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED) [#permalink]
brass20y wrote:
My status is still "submitted".......
Does it mean my application is not reviewed by adcom? Only 7 days left before Dec. 8

Mine is still "submitted" as well. Did you interview already? I did - I'm not too concerned about the status since I doubt it's an accurate read on where the app truly stands.
Current Student
Send PM
Some people said the status doesn't change at all...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
count me in. I am a R1 applicant. Hopefully, I will get at least an interview invite in two weeks. Good luck to everyone who is waiting here
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
mjjking wrote:
Hi,

any R1 applicant has received his/her interview invite yet? Do they release them on Dec. 8th only or also before?

thanks!

I cannot speak for R1, but for EA I got my invitation to interview on 21 October, which is the date advertised on the website. Of course it came late...about 3pm PST.
Although I have been admitted and accepted, my application still reads submitted...so don't stress over that. However, once I got an invite to interview another bullet will appear under submission status that reads "Interview Status: Invited". A third bullet will appear once a decision is rendered "Decision Status" that will have a link directing you to your acceptance or denial letter. I hope this helps...don't expect your "submission status" to change anytime soon, if ever.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
 Q49  V44
Send PM
+1 for R1
Current Student
Send PM
gravy043 wrote:
mjjking wrote:
Hi,

any R1 applicant has received his/her interview invite yet? Do they release them on Dec. 8th only or also before?

thanks!

I cannot speak for R1, but for EA I got my invitation to interview on 21 October, which is the date advertised on the website. Of course it came late...about 3pm PST.
Although I have been admitted and accepted, my application still reads submitted...so don't stress over that. However, once I got an invite to interview another bullet will appear under submission status that reads "Interview Status: Invited". A third bullet will appear once a decision is rendered "Decision Status" that will have a link directing you to your acceptance or denial letter. I hope this helps...don't expect your "submission status" to change anytime soon, if ever.

Thanks Gravy043! That helps a lot! :)
I will relax until the 8th then... always having my finger crossed of course, haha ;)

could you share your profile?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
mjjking wrote:
gravy043 wrote:
mjjking wrote:
Hi,

thanks!

Thanks Gravy043! That helps a lot! :)
I will relax until the 8th then... always having my finger crossed of course, haha ;)

could you share your profile?

Profile:
GMAT 690, Top 10 Undergrad, 7 years (2 combat deployments) as an officer in the US Marine Corps
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:UNC (R1), NCSU (R2), Duke (R2)
GPA: 3.9
WE 1: IT systems management
WE 2: telecom
Send PM
Who's going this weekend to Duke for Women's Weekend? The agenda is fabulous and I can't wait!

I will have an internview there Saturday morning. Even though agenda says that Saturday is business casual, I still plan on wearing a suit that day. Or not?

I'm doing everything backward for Duke, interview first, then write essays and submit my application in R2. It will be a long wait till March 8th.
Current Student
Schools:Cornell '12
Send PM
andromeda wrote:
Who's going this weekend to Duke for Women's Weekend? The agenda is fabulous and I can't wait!

I will have an internview there Saturday morning. Even though agenda says that Saturday is business casual, I still plan on wearing a suit that day. Or not?

I'm doing everything backward for Duke, interview first, then write essays and submit my application in R2. It will be a long wait till March 8th.

I will be there! Same, RE: doing everything backwards. Do you think our interviewers will have our resumes from the Weekend for Women application, or is it totally blind?

I plan to pack a skirt suit for Saturday (since the dinner says business attire?) but am going for a more casual suit look, since the interview is typically? business casual.

PS: did you have any difficulty booking ground transport? I keep calling the numbers that they sent to us and never get through...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General
Schools:Ross Class of 2012
 Q47  V40
Send PM
hjf6 wrote:
andromeda wrote:

I will be there! Same, RE: doing everything backwards. Do you think our interviewers will have our resumes from the Weekend for Women application, or is it totally blind?

I plan to pack a skirt suit for Saturday (since the dinner says business attire?) but am going for a more casual suit look, since the interview is typically? business casual.

PS: did you have any difficulty booking ground transport? I keep calling the numbers that they sent to us and never get through...

Just an FYI. When I was down there interviewing every person (about 20 people or so) were wearing suits for the interviews. So despite them saying "business casual" everyone else erred on the side of caution and went with a business professional look.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools:Fuqua Class of 2012
 Q50  V42
Send PM
ACNguy wrote:
Just an FYI. When I was down there interviewing every person (about 20 people or so) were wearing suits for the interviews. So despite them saying "business casual" everyone else erred on the side of caution and went with a business professional look.

I second that. I didn't see anyone without a suit, and for the guys almost everyone had on a tie as well.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hjf6 wrote:
andromeda wrote:

I believe they will have our W4W resumes at hand, but I will bring more copies, just in case. My resume is two pages long :P so, O would need to cut it down before sending in the application.
I will have skirt suit too 8-) for the interview.

Sorry, can't help you about transportation, I live in Raliegh, so I will be driving from home. Getting from RDU to Durhman is not difficult, you can get a cab as soon as you get out the terminal.

See you in few days :P
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 119 [0]
Send PM
Hey another EA applicant here and I still haven't received the package, anyone in the same boat or have any of you received the paperwork yet?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Duke
 Q44  V42
Send PM
themagiccarpet wrote:
Hey another EA applicant here and I still haven't received the package, anyone in the same boat or have any of you received the paperwork yet?

Mine came yesterday in the mail, but I live very close by in NC. So, I imagine they were mailed Monday and should be making their way out to everyone soon!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just submitted my R2 application. Does Duke review the applications when they are received or do they wait until all applications come in and begin their review process? I would think that their review process will begin the minute your application is submitted and received by the admissions office.

Any comment?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Givemedisco wrote:
I just submitted my R2 application. Does Duke review the applications when they are received or do they wait until all applications come in and begin their review process? I would think that their review process will begin the minute your application is submitted and received by the admissions office.

Any comment?

I don't know, but it really doesn't matter because they send interview invites all on the same date and send acceptance letters on March 8th.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ElleBee, I'm waiting for mine in the mail. :) Did you receive any scholarship notification with the acceptance letter?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  65   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts