Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:23 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
 Q49  V25
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
 Q49  V25
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink]
tvsom wrote:
Adcom wants us to tell another core value that we wish to add to the list (6th one). Adcom made it clear in one of the online chats, transcript of which is available on their web.

Awesome!! thank you. I must have overlooked the issue. I will come back to it, thank you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:UNC (R1), NCSU (R2), Duke (R2)
GPA: 3.9
WE 1: IT systems management
WE 2: telecom
Send PM
Class2012 wrote:
vanilla wrote:
I heard they'll be interviewing 90% of applicants so I hope we'll be part of that...

Not sure where you heard that.During my chat with adcom,I was told they plan to interview 50-60% of applicants this year.

Wow! Are you sure they plan to interview only half the applicants? In the past they used to inverview 90%. On the other hand, they have about 8 staff members interviewing people, so from that standpoint it does make sense to interview only half of the people.
What bothers me is my application status: inder a review. I interviewed last week on campus and I gave them a transcript that never made it to my file, so she did tell me that is everything. Ten days latter, and my application is still not "done". I don't understand. I don't want to be a pest, so I will wait to bug them about this after holidays.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
 Q49  V37
Send PM
I'm a reapplicant to KFBS and a little confused about how to approach my essays. Since the application requires that reapplicants denied admission last year re-submit all essays I'm wondering if I should write totally new essays or work on what I submitted last year. Any ideas on how other reapplicants approached their application will be much appreciated.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:UCLA Anderson
 Q47  V40
Send PM
I got an interview invite for the Dec 4 deadline if someone wants to update the roll call page. It's not scheduled until Jan 19, so I guess I have some time to prep. I haven't visited campus before so I'm going to do the class visit, student lunch and tour as well while I'm down there.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I'm not a reapp but don't submit the same essays.Either rewrite them or come up with a new story.

connecticket wrote:
I'm a reapplicant to KFBS and a little confused about how to approach my essays. Since the application requires that reapplicants denied admission last year re-submit all essays I'm wondering if I should write totally new essays or work on what I submitted last year. Any ideas on how other reapplicants approached their application will be much appreciated.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools:Mellon, USC, MIT, UCLA, NSCU
Send PM
Kudos
Class2012 wrote:
I'm not a reapp but don't submit the same essays.Either rewrite them or come up with a new story.

connecticket wrote:

I totally agree. Keep in mind that you are re-presenting yourself to the admissions committee. You've grown personally and professionally since when you first applied. Your growth should be reflected not only in your resume and interview but also in your essays by your clarity, tone and ancedotes.
Current Student
Send PM
Did anyone receive the admit package? I still did not get it even though I stay next to NC.

I did receive an email asking for feedback on the package.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Yes,
I received my admit package roughly 2 weeks ago.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Consulting?
Schools:UNC
 Q48  V42
Send PM
Class2012 wrote:
Did anyone receive the admit package? I still did not get it even though I stay next to NC.

Yep. I got the package 3 days after the decision as well as an email asking about the package.
Current Student
Send PM
capnbenzo wrote:
Class2012 wrote:

Yep. I got the package 3 days after the decision as well as an email asking about the package.

I did get that finally.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:UNC (R1), NCSU (R2), Duke (R2)
GPA: 3.9
WE 1: IT systems management
WE 2: telecom
Send PM
Quote:
What bothers me is my application status: inder a review. I interviewed last week on campus and I gave them a transcript that never made it to my file, so she did tell me that is everything. Ten days latter, and my application is still not "done". I don't understand. I don't want to be a pest, so I will wait to bug them about this after holidays.

"Under review" status was due to unofficial GMAT scores, because the official score was sent after Dec 4th deadline. An email to the admission office and they said that they will use my unofficial score, which in turn changed the status of my application to "things missing" but it doesn't say what is missing. Grrrr.

I called the adcom office today to ask what is going on. I talked to the records office and he said that they do not have official transcript from a foreign university that I attened long time ago and never graduated. He said that my application is fine, it is ready to be reviewed by adcom. If I am admitted, then I will need to produce an official transcript (or not).

He also said that adcom is not really reviewing R1 application yet! They may start doing that next week or so That's surprising. That doesn't leave them a lot of time to read all essays, connect the dots, make admission decisions and notify applicants by Feb 8th. Although, adcom admitted 5% drop in applications this season during one of their chats in December.

The wait begins....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Booth R1 (WL), NYU R1 (WL), Kellogg JD/MBA R2, Tepper R2, Ross R2 (admit)
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: Mortgage
Send PM
In response to an earlier question posted in this thread about interview invites:

I spoke to the admissions office today, and they said that invites will be released all the way up until the decisions deadline, Feb. 8. While this makes absolutely no sense, as it will give them no time to evaluate the interview, it gives the rest of us who haven't received invites some hope.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Fuqua Class of 2012
 Q42  V42
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: Public Accounting - 2 yrs
WE 2: PE Fund Accounting - 3 yrs
Send PM
Joining a bit late, but I'm also an R2 applicant.

Submitted my application on 12/4, was invited to interview 12/8. Will be completing my interview January 12.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Booth R1 (WL), NYU R1 (WL), Kellogg JD/MBA R2, Tepper R2, Ross R2 (admit)
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: Mortgage
Send PM
Just got an interview invite today, will be completing it on the 15th.

I thought that email would never come.....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: General Management
Schools:Duke - Class of 2012, UNC, UVA
Send PM
I applied for Round 2 (Dec 4) and just got my invite yesterday. FYI. I can't wait for this process to be over! :-D
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools:Michigan 2012
Send PM
I'm submitting UNC tonight or tom. for round 3. Can I ask you all how much detail you went into on the Employment History and Other form? Clearly I will go into detail on my work experience, but how much do I need to write about working as a camp counselor 12 years ago?

Thanks,

D
Current Student
 Q49  V25
Send PM
hmmmm, I can not upload either my employment history or additional information package!!

The school's web system keep me from submitting!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  19