Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 23:54 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 23:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 468 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 987 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I would have liked so much to meet each and everyone of you to share this moment of joy and also thank you on an individual basis. GMATclub has been like a second family to me and call me sensitive but those kind words really have a soothing effect on that frail heart of mine :crying

dj, you and I have worked really hard on this test and I am really glad to have known you through this site. Now that our combat days are done with, I hope that you will stay with me on this website to help out others or at least, just to stay in touch. Let me know which school you decided to go to!

crackgmat750, I am glad to have been in your footsteps and thank you for your message. It is funny though that people like you call me the SC king though I learned english only 9 years ago. I did not speak a word before that and I knew even less of grammar! Trying to explain things in my own words to you guys taught me how to teach myself and make sure that I myself understood the concepts. I just want to say that this website taught me most of what I needed to know for english grammar rules: https://webster.commnet.edu/grammar/index2.htm. It is a fantastic site and you really will become better in SC if you go through that site. Once again, thank you crackgmat750, you too are a great source of inspiration to this site. Words are sometimes not enough to express our/my own gratitude, you yourself said it :)

Venksune, I am sure you will do well as well. After only 5 months, you are almost a CEO :) I see the sheer will in you to help out other members and this kind of attitude, we need in this world. I will not hide from you the fact that the days and day before the exam are particularly difficult to go through because it is almost like your future depends on that but with the right attitude, and rest, you will make it. I will be anxiously waiting for your score :wink:

Srijay, I am glad that you have dropped by. You must be busy with your application process now but I dearly wish that you can stick around and continue to be part of this family. We need people like you and I hope that you will consider my proposal 8-)

Vivek_dj, you are too nice :oops: I perhaps do not see the smile that you had in writing your message but you could not see mine either when reading it :) It is just great to have good buddies like you around. I am confident that you will make it to your target score. What happened to you lately? I do not see much of you participating. I do miss the good old times.

Antmavel, je crois serieusement en tes capacites et en ta solide volonte de vouloir reussir.
Tomber c'est humain
Se relever c'est divin
Rester a terre c'est sans dessein

Mon professeur de lycee me disait souvent cela et j'ai garde cela en moi car vouloir c'est pouvoir. Je te souhaite vraiment d'atteindre ce que tu desires et n'oublie pas ce proverbe!

Twixt, you are a great guy and you are doing just great. There is only one way to change 650 to 700+ by changing one number and you will certainly reach your score. I will look forward to hear from your happy ending buddy.

Praetorian, we, Anandnk and Kpadma have all had the same score in the end. Isn't it symbolic? :-D I remember the first time I read one of your posts was with that probability problem with the black and white balls in two different bowls. It was a really tough one and I believe it is something I would be in better shape to do today. I really went through your questions and especially those math challenge ones posted in March and they really helped me in my last 2 weeks of preparation. I felt I needed something refresh my math skills that I neglected for the last 8 months. In two weeks, your questions, and the challenges offered by gmatclub, made magic! Thanks a million again I am very grateful and indebted to you.

Dookie, you will make it. Thanks for your words of encouragement before test day but you are also someone of great perseverance. Your quant is very strong so you may want to spend more time in the verbal forum :) Let me hear about your taming of the beast in a few days or weeks from now.

For all other newer members, you will hear a lot about success stories or 700+ stories on this site. Some reached their goal in a few weeks studying for let's admit it, they are just geniuses. There are just a few people like those in this world and do not be deterred by their experience for it is not representative of what most of us go through. It is a long journey and you can reach the mountain top only if you seriously believe in it. Determination, perserverance, discipline, sacrifice. It is what I learned on the GMAT and it is something that will be useful for a lifetime: the GMAT is only the first step towards the MBA which is even much tougher. Do not despair though because this site is here to assist you in that combat :war .

I can now throw the towel and see the sunshine :done
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
CONGRATULATIONS, Paul! And keep the same great spirit for all the essay writing! You are a great inspiration.

:woohoo
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hello Paul

FIrst of all, Congrats on the good score, and I wish you the best in your application and also to the finale of this battle.

There are many in this forum who participate and contribute, but there are some whose name can be seen in each and every question posted. And you are one of them.

The score of 710 is no surprise to me. The real good news is to hear the post which mentions that you have made to the DREAM school. In case we meet in person, in the same school I would get you the coffee that I have promised for one of the CRs. :)

Thats for now. Wish you good luck again. And YES, one thing before I signoff..... you and some others have shown PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT. (No subsitute in this case).

Take care.
Bye.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Paul,

I had to cut my message short in my previous post as I was on my way back from NYC. I am indebted to you for your help during my preparation. The moment I saw ur score I was so happy that u made my day. I wish you the very best of luck with your applications. With the dedication and commitment you have shown, I am sure that you will succeed in whatever you want to accomplish in life. And yes I have been very busy of late with travel and essays. I hope I can make a comeback and be a little bit more regular by beginning of next year.

To all,

I have a request. Please post which schools you finally decide to attend. I hope we can meet some of you in the process.

Best of luck

Srijay
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
WOW, I've been gone a few days & all these new posts! I didn't you would ever take the GMAT! Although I'm surprised your verbal score wasn't a 51 :wink: since your posts were some of the best in that forum.

I'm a native English speaker, & I had to learn from your posts on how to tackle the verbal section. Anyways, hopefully I can have a good result on my next attempt (Dec. 3) since my first attempt on Sept. 7 was a 540 :( My admissions interviewers have asked my why my GPA is so high and my score so low. :oops:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 344 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
In addition to what srijay wrote I think it could be great to introduce something like a hall of fame section, gmat being nothing but a pretext to know finally which schools gmatclub alumni decided to go into and possibly for those interested in be able to keep in touch or at least ease contact.

Frederic
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats Paul,
You are a great source of inspiration for all of us. That is a fantastic score. I hope you could still spare some time for GMAT club in the future.
Thanks
Praveen
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Paul,
From your posts you sound like an Indian dude. Is that correct?
Congrats for your great score.
Zonkey
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Praveen, kosyura and Carsen for your good words. Srijay and twixt, that is a great idea to keep in touch. The only thing is you guys will probably be done with school by the time I apply, in the next 3 years or so. However, I would like to know where you guys got accepted in. Praet, there should maybe be a forum like "I got admitted in" or something the like. It would be cool.
Zonkey, thank you. No, I am not indian. I am vietnamese/chinese with french as my second language and english my third :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I never knew that you are of vietnamese/chinese descent...and you are not applying for 3 more years..thats kinda strange.

-Vivek.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey vivek. I always wanted to get the GMAT out of the way so that I could focus on other things for the next 3 years to come. I promised myself that after my CFA and my GMAT I would join this not for profit organization and mentor underprivileged kids. Now that the largest hurdle is passed, I will shortly be in the process of joining that organization. This will not only show dedication to community involvement in the essays, in 3 years from now, but also allow me to give to other individuals the chance that has been given to me: to have access to learning :read I was already in the process of joining that organization 2 years ago but the GMAT, CFA and potential job transfer refrained me from proceeding any further :(

I know that most people who write the GMAT apply the same or following year but I would be an exception to the rule. I just want to enjoy the time I am living in my hometown in Montreal before I take the big leap to INSEAD or some other school :wink Do not worry, it is just a matter of time before I apply :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 125 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats Paul!! You've truly been an inspiration to all of in this forum; your dedication is truly remarkable. You're a perfect of example of hard work paying off. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors and I'm sure you'll be successful in whatever you choose to do. :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey paul, i m late to post my congrats and best wishes however, I am very happy for you dear. (i didnt check this "share gmat experience" thread, since long)

Buddy, you really deserve it. I would say you should get even near to 750 afterall You helped so many pals humbly @ club and above all, you always come up with true answer.
We all will really miss you buddy. Please remain in touch. It would be my pleasure and honor to be your friend.

Heartily congrats and best wishes once again

Dharmin
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Dharmin and nzgmat!

I just received my official score report today and found out, to my astonishment, that I got 5.5 AWA score. Quite happy with that and this proves one thing: Stick to the templates being given in the prep material. I used a combination of the OG template analysis of argument and PR analysis of issue. To be honest with you, I really had nothing much to say for issue part and I felt like I repeated myself. Quite strange :?

By skipping the AWA parts during practice tests, my way of using the CAT is not necessarily recommended because you might not have "feel" of going through a whole 4 hour test whereby at the end of the verbal section, you might have been drained. To make up for this though, I really did many CAT but I was somewhat confident that I could just ramble on about just any topic by sticking to templates. What you can do is just adapt the template to 2 or 3 issue/argument questions from the OG and you should do just fine.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 363 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
:bouncer :bouncer2 :bouncer :bouncer2 :bouncer :bouncer2 :bouncer :bouncer2 :bouncer

That was a very apt score. Congrats. Hope INSEAD understands your dedication and perseverance. And thanks for thanking me. 8-) I am very happy I wrote GMAT when you were learning.

I remember pestering you to write, or atleast to make an appointment for the exam.

More than your GMAT score, I would praise and thank you for the GREAT helping tendency, never-say-die attitude, motivation and confidence. "Helping others" may sound so simple, but is really a great effort considering the money others make in doing only a partial job, the time you spend just to make others understand what you mean amidst busy work/study schedule, interest you show in unknown faces from unknown countries, etc.

I visited BW site sometime back and happened to see all those crude and mocking comments. I then realised how cultured and disciplined GMATClub is. Kudo's to all those involved. I only hope someone inspirational keep evolving to lead from front.

You again are setting an example in Community service and the not-rush-to-MBA attitude. I wish the best for your plans to work out well.

Regards,
Sampath
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
conrats Paul, you did a ton of hard work to get here, your 710 is well deserved
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 450 [0]