Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:34 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72855 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1629 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Quote:
Hi guys

I did 4 tests from 800 score and thought I was doing pretty good. But then I accualy looked up my total score on the web ( the ones who did this know what I am taking about) my score was ranging between 510 and 540. I am kind of dissappointed.
The reason I thought I am doing well is because my math was always hovering around 75% and verbal section around 50% (I am not stupid just not a native speaker:)) which altogether not a bad result. But for some reason seems to me that my verbal drives down my total score. So I think that the test assigns more score to each verbal that you got right than to each math. Otherwise I don't know how to explain my scores:((

What do you think? Also I heard that the 800 is harder that the acual test. How many points should I add to my 800 score test results to get approximation for a real test?

BTW, I think the tests are really great and recomment it to the ones who haven't taken gmat yet.

Thanks
Ulviya

Ulviya, I used the 800score too. Here is my humble opinion: 800 score marks each section up to 60, but the actual GMAT does so up to 51. Therefore, scores on 800score and on the actual test are not comparable. The actual test gives 800 if you have 51/51 - which is perfect. So, the software scores are somewhat exaggerated. Nevertheless, the software is helpful. I took all 5 tests and got 720+ on each. The best score was 770. Yet, the actual score is 660.

I have heard many times that Powerprep and Kaplan underscore people, robbing up to 100 points.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
stolyar wrote:
Quote:
Hi guys

I did 4 tests from 800 score and thought I was doing pretty good. But then I accualy looked up my total score on the web ( the ones who did this know what I am taking about) my score was ranging between 510 and 540. I am kind of dissappointed.
The reason I thought I am doing well is because my math was always hovering around 75% and verbal section around 50% (I am not stupid just not a native speaker:)) which altogether not a bad result. But for some reason seems to me that my verbal drives down my total score. So I think that the test assigns more score to each verbal that you got right than to each math. Otherwise I don't know how to explain my scores:((

What do you think? Also I heard that the 800 is harder that the acual test. How many points should I add to my 800 score test results to get approximation for a real test?

BTW, I think the tests are really great and recomment it to the ones who haven't taken gmat yet.

Thanks
Ulviya

Ulviya, I used the 800score too. Here is my humble opinion: 800 score marks each section up to 60, but the actual GMAT does so up to 51. Therefore, scores on 800score and on the actual test are not comparable. The actual test gives 800 if you have 51/51 - which is perfect. So, the software scores are somewhat exaggerated. Nevertheless, the software is helpful. I took all 5 tests and got 720+ on each. The best score was 770. Yet, the actual score is 660.

I have heard many times that Powerprep and Kaplan underscore people, robbing up to 100 points.

Actually, my PowerPrep was very close to the real thing. It was slightly below and the reason for that was that I was not making as much effor and I was not as rested and strategically prepared to the test as when I took the real GMAT. This is probably the most explainable reason why people score lower on the PP... otherwise it should be a very accurate tool.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ulviya,

why are you proud to be Azeri ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yes I am.
Suprised?:)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yes, I am a bit surprised, since the "nation" of Azeris was artificially created by the bolsheviks and is something that did not exist in 19th century.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
:lol: VN, Azeri is abbreviations of Azerbaijanese - nation that have existed looooong before bolsheviks. Term "Azerbaijan" was created when Soviets
plunged into Baku, by not by them.
Even if you right, it exits now, doesn't it? So what's the difference when it was created?
Anyway, the point is doesn't matter what the nation was called before 19th century it still existed, exists and will exist :)

Let's not discuss this issue on the GMAT forum:) Please write to my inbox if you still have any questions to me other that those directly related to GMAT.

Thanks
Ulviya

Viva Azerbaijan!!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Need your opinion - analysis of 800 score tests [#permalink]
Hi,
I was wondering if you were preparing by yourself or you were going to courses? Can you advise a good responsible teacher in Baku? Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Need your opinion - analysis of 800 score tests [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37296 posts