Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:52 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: General Management, International Business, Strategy
Schools:HEC Paris
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink]
theoriesforme wrote:
EggWhitesOnly wrote:
poulomibasu wrote:

hey...the french govt gives grants to foreign students. contact the CampusFrance office in your country to find out what scholarships they offer! question, how do u apply for the eiffel scholarship?

You apply through the HEC portal along with the other scholarships and HEC selects the best candidates to present them to the Eiffel scholarship committee.

Hi Eggwhitesonly. I have not heard of any HEC portal for scholarships.. Please let me know where I can find it..

Hi poulomibasu, I sent a mail with required documents for Eiffel Scholarship to HEC on December 28th and they forwarded it to Eiffel.. The deadline for the scholarship was Jan 6th.. Am sorry you missed the deadline.. Also I contacted the Campusfrance and got to know that no other scholarship is currently available for MS Management.. I received the same reply from the admissions office..

The portal is for the accepted MBA students. HEC will email a link to each individual with their unique log-in information for their Etheryl account. The admitted students can apply for all scholarships through the Etheryl portal.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I completed my two interviews.

Likely ding or WL for me, I screwed up the second one...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: IB
Schools:INSEAD 2010, HEC 2010
 Q49  V38
Send PM
42 wrote:
I completed my two interviews.

Likely ding or WL for me, I screwed up the second one...

What happened? Did your interviewer say he/she's giving a negative feedback?
Even so, how does WL work at HEC? Haven't seen many WLs around...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
He said "not to expect a red carpet from him"
No more friday night interview for me!

No news from HEC yet, I will probably have to wait 5-10 days for their final decision
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Well good luck. You may find out sooner than you think. I remember getting my results two days after my actual interview. The Admissions Jury generally meets a day or two after the day by which interviews have to be completed.

At least that's often been the case in the past.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: IB
Schools:INSEAD 2010, HEC 2010
 Q49  V38
Send PM
EggWhitesOnly wrote:
Well good luck. You may find out sooner than you think. I remember getting my results two days after my actual interview. The Admissions Jury generally meets a day or two after the day by which interviews have to be completed.

At least that's often been the case in the past.

I met a development manager during a fair in Paris 10 days ago. She told me that the jury will meet on Thu 18th..I'm waiting too.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I received the interview invitation for september 2010 and I ask myself a pretty common question : what is a "creative and innovative" subject for a 10 minutes presentation. It seems from google that some website give a list of past interview/presentation feedback but unfortunately I cannot open these website from china where I live.

So question for the people who already had the interview what kind of topic did you choose and how were this subject "creative and innovative" ?

I would like to choose a subject related to one of my previous work experience but I think this doesn't sound very "creative" to choose something work related, on the other hand the industry I was working in was a niche market with a very original product (kind of extrem sport and industry related) and I could simply present this product.

Also I guess most of the time people choose subject on which they have available informations and that they know well (at least probably better than the interviewer potentially could) which makes me think that it is hard to not pick a subject related to my own personal path.

Thanks for your feedback,

Jiang
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
JiangNan wrote:
Hi everyone,

I received the interview invitation for september 2010 and I ask myself a pretty common question : what is a "creative and innovative" subject for a 10 minutes presentation. It seems from google that some website give a list of past interview/presentation feedback but unfortunately I cannot open these website from china where I live.

So question for the people who already had the interview what kind of topic did you choose and how were this subject "creative and innovative" ?

I would like to choose a subject related to one of my previous work experience but I think this doesn't sound very "creative" to choose something work related, on the other hand the industry I was working in was a niche market with a very original product (kind of extrem sport and industry related) and I could simply present this product.

Also I guess most of the time people choose subject on which they have available informations and that they know well (at least probably better than the interviewer potentially could) which makes me think that it is hard to not pick a subject related to my own personal path.

Thanks for your feedback,

Jiang

I chose a topic that I had briefly touched upon in my essay. My advice would be to choose a topic that you're familiar with.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I would second cesque's post and also say you should pick something you can be passionate about. You should really want to give this presentation to your interviewers. I chose a work topic, but I was very animated about it, and my interviewers seemed to enjoy the presentation.

(Mine was via phone and the interviewers were sent a copy in advance.)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi Guys,
Is it a good idea to ask them the status of my application. I submitted on 2nd Feb.

Also, has anybody started off on the student visa process? How much time does it require?
I am from Asia.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
onwardToGlory wrote:
Hi Guys,
Is it a good idea to ask them the status of my application. I submitted on 2nd Feb.

Also, has anybody started off on the student visa process? How much time does it require?
I am from Asia.

Give them time. It's only been a little over a week. You will be notified one way or another when they select the candidates for interview.

The student visa process will take a minimum of a month to complete, assuming you have all the documents ready. I have a post on this if you would like to read more: https://www.businessbecause.com/lifestyle/visa-woes
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All,

I was accepted to HEC and will be part of the Sept 2010 intake as well.

I'm from New York and love it, but am excited about moving to Paris (well Jouy en Josas 8-) ) in the Fall!

Looking forward to meeting you all! :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All and congratulations to all of you who have been already admitted.

I am new here. i have a question about how long takes to be answered if you have been selected for the interviews. I applied online the 1st of february and got and answer from them the 4th of february. How long should i wait??

This uncertainty is killing me.

Best regards,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Pimientaysal, if you got a notification saying that you were pre-selected for an interview, you should receive your interviewers shortly. I received my two contacts the same day; though the timing may depend on your interview location and the interviewers available.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you for your prompt answer nycpariscitygal,

I did not received any email yet saying if I have been preselected for the interviews, this is the email I am waiting for. How long did it take in your case??

I have selected Paris and NYC since I am living in manhattan, did you have any problem to schedule and interview in NYC??

Thank you again
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Pimientaysal wrote:

I did not received any email yet saying if I have been preselected for the interviews, this is the email I am waiting for. How long did it take in your case??

I have selected Paris and NYC since I am living in manhattan, did you have any problem to schedule and interview in NYC??

Thank you again

I got the pre-selection email about 3 days after I submitted my application (Dec 1st deadline).
You said you applied on Feb 1st and got an answer on the 4th. Was this just the confirmation of your application? Perhaps in the later rounds it takes longer for them to pre-select, because of the application volume.

No, I had no issues scheduling my interview in NYC. I interviewed with 2 alums who are based here. I think there are a lot of alums in the NYC-area.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nycpariscitygal wrote:
Pimientaysal wrote:

Thank you again

I got the pre-selection email about 3 days after I submitted my application (Dec 1st deadline).
You said you applied on Feb 1st and got an answer on the 4th. Was this just the confirmation of your application? Perhaps in the later rounds it takes longer for them to pre-select, because of the application volume.

No, I had no issues scheduling my interview in NYC. I interviewed with 2 alums who are based here. I think there are a lot of alums in the NYC-area.

Yes the email I got was a confirmation of my application saying that everything was ok and within a few days they will contact me to let me know if i have been preselected for the interviews.

Thanks again
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  20   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts