Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 23:47 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 23:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 3
 Q47  V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Re: Calling all Notre Dame (Mendoza) Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink]
eteusch1 wrote:
zippy10 wrote:

I was completely unprepared for this last question. Note that I've already completed three other MBA interviews and I haven't been asked this question before.

* Walk me through your process of solving this problem: Estimate the combined revenue of the parking lots for a major sporting event.

Overall, the interview was pretty conversational. Hope this helps and good luck to everyone!

Wow, what a crazy last question...I wonder what the purpose of asking that question is?

Just curious, where else did you interview?

I think they just want to get a feel for how you approach and solve problems. To be honest, I stumbled over this question at first because I totally wasn't expecting it. It's really more like a question from a consulting interview.

I interviewed at both Kellogg and Booth Round 1 and got denied at both. I also did a Consortium interview back in Dec. Now I'm gearing up for a Columbia interview in a few weeks. I'm crossing my fingers that Round 2 will treat me better and at this point, I just want 1 admit!

Is Notre Dame your first choice?
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V42
Send PM
zippy10 wrote:
eteusch1 wrote:
zippy10 wrote:

I was completely unprepared for this last question. Note that I've already completed three other MBA interviews and I haven't been asked this question before.

* Walk me through your process of solving this problem: Estimate the combined revenue of the parking lots for a major sporting event.

Overall, the interview was pretty conversational. Hope this helps and good luck to everyone!

Wow, what a crazy last question...I wonder what the purpose of asking that question is?

Just curious, where else did you interview?

I think they just want to get a feel for how you approach and solve problems. To be honest, I stumbled over this question at first because I totally wasn't expecting it. It's really more like a question from a consulting interview.

I interviewed at both Kellogg and Booth Round 1 and got denied at both. I also did a Consortium interview back in Dec. Now I'm gearing up for a Columbia interview in a few weeks. I'm crossing my fingers that Round 2 will treat me better and at this point, I just want 1 admit!

Is Notre Dame your first choice?

It all depends on where I get in. I currently have interviews scheduled for Michigan and Darden, and was waitlisted at Duke in R1. But I have to say, this interview scheduling thing is kinda annoying...I don't understand why the school can put out a list of available time slots and let applicants sign up. When I sent in my interview request, I put the 1st, hoping to hear back from them quickly, but I didn't and now I'm unable to go on the 1st. I emailed them back with some other dates that I am available, and hopefully they can respond quickly.

BTW, for those flying, are you flying into SB or are you flying into chicago and driving?
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V42
Send PM
Anyone interviewing in NYC on the 8th or 9th?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I just finished an interview. Questions:
1, why Notre Dame,
2, why MBA
3, talk about work.
4, which is the best team?
5, what do you do in spare time.
6, ethical dilemma.
7, unsuccessful project.
8, case question.

and I asked some typical questions.

The guy is very nice. Chemistry is good.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
little late but thought i'd drop a line and say i did receive an admit back in december. happy to answer any questions about visit, interview, etc. good luck all.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Guys,

I applied last week and I got interview call today. I 'm planning to visit campus for the interview. Let me know any pointers and interview tips. Appreciate it!!

Thanks,
VK
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@ biz2012 - Can you please share your interview experience?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
For the most part the interview was pretty straight forward. I spoke with the admissions director and we initially just talked about some of the recently-occurring world events. Once we shifted into "interview mode", the typical questions were asked: walk me through resume, why MBA, why now, why ND. Mendoza places a heavy emphasis on ethics and I was asked to recall a time when I was faced with an ethical dilemma and how I handled it. Community involvement is another topic we touched on. Overall, a relatively casual interview. Oh, I was also asked a really off the wall question...probably to examine how I address a question for which I don't immediately know the answer (i.e. Problem-solving techniques).

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
i am a reapplicant & i had to schedule the interview myself!!

what does that mean???
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V42
Send PM
Just got this email....

Thank you for applying to the University of Notre Dame MBA program. Your materials have been received and your application is considered complete. The Admissions Committee will begin reviewing your file once your interview is conducted and you will have a decision shortly thereafter.
Thank you again for applying to the University of Notre Dame MBA program.

If I'm reading this right...they don't even look at my app until after the interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Fuqua Class of 2012
 Q42  V42
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: Public Accounting - 2 yrs
WE 2: PE Fund Accounting - 3 yrs
Send PM
Roll Call Update - I withdrew my Notre Dame application.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
eteusch1 wrote:
Just got this email....

Thank you for applying to the University of Notre Dame MBA program. Your materials have been received and your application is considered complete. The Admissions Committee will begin reviewing your file once your interview is conducted and you will have a decision shortly thereafter.
Thank you again for applying to the University of Notre Dame MBA program.

If I'm reading this right...they don't even look at my app until after the interview?

I am a R1 applicant and also recieved that same email...

A couple of days later I got an email inviting me for a interview...

Then I got a decision exactly the day that they posted online...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Booth R1 (WL), NYU R1 (WL), Kellogg JD/MBA R2, Tepper R2, Ross R2 (admit)
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: Mortgage
Send PM
Got this email today:

"Hello wmcrockett,

Through the Graduate Management Admission Search Service, we've identified you as a Priority Candidate based on your academic record, testing performance and years of work experience.

As a Priority Candidate to the Notre Dame MBA Program, I wanted to alert you to some special opportunities. You are eligible to apply for free and receive an expedited decision on admission and fellowship opportunities! Although I cannot guarantee an outcome, candidates like you have been admitted with a fellowship in the past. Fellowships generally range from $5,000 to full tuition."

I'm not sure what this means, and because I'm likely to go 0 for 3 on my applications (dinged at UNC and Duke so far), I'm not sure if it's really worth the effort to apply to Notre Dame. They have an "Express Application" due March 1st, with a decision on March 15th. Has anyone else seen this?
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V42
Send PM
wmcrockett wrote:
Got this email today:

"Hello wmcrockett,

Through the Graduate Management Admission Search Service, we've identified you as a Priority Candidate based on your academic record, testing performance and years of work experience.

As a Priority Candidate to the Notre Dame MBA Program, I wanted to alert you to some special opportunities. You are eligible to apply for free and receive an expedited decision on admission and fellowship opportunities! Although I cannot guarantee an outcome, candidates like you have been admitted with a fellowship in the past. Fellowships generally range from $5,000 to full tuition."

I'm not sure what this means, and because I'm likely to go 0 for 3 on my applications (dinged at UNC and Duke so far), I'm not sure if it's really worth the effort to apply to Notre Dame. They have an "Express Application" due March 1st, with a decision on March 15th. Has anyone else seen this?

I just had my interview for R2 a few days ago and still got this email....

Wish I could have saved a few $ on my app!
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V42
Send PM
anyone heard anything back yet?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Send PM
I just submitted my Express app and I have an interview scheduled.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I went to the campus yesterday for interview..now waiting time starts.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6