Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 18:33 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
This user is a Spammer and was Banned
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Please someone help me understand my strategy [#permalink]
Hi.... Thanks for replying.
How do you compare "Kaplan questions" to "MGMAT questions"?
My main issues are in quantitative section.

After reading your reply, I searched online. MGMAT offers 8CATs for only $70. Significantly less than the $1299 I spent on Kaplan. I agree with you, I should extend exam date to April first week and till then take back to back CATs.

My target score is 680. I intend to go to any Texas university preferably UT-Austin. I live in Kansas and going to either of the coasts will put me too far from my husband.

Thanks for replying, I am doing self study at home and its relieving to hear from other people especially when I have nobody around to talk about GMAT or share strategies.

Founder of this forum has established a great resource for aspiring GMAT takers. And everyone else who reach out to other members and discuss/share their issues are simply HELPFUL, HELPFUL HELPFUL!
Thanks, Amber
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
Which diagnostic did you take?

You should only test the portion of the materials that you have covered.
Working on OG 11 won't give you anything, nor will it help to take those 8 CAT's unless you understand why you keep making mistakes how to stop making them.

Hi bb,

I took "Kaplan Diagnostic Test", the one thats provided in Kaplan Premium Online Course.
I have done enough reading and now I plan to take back to back CATs from Kaplan till my exam so I can reflect on my timing and mistakes made.
How do you compare "Kaplan Quant" to "MGMAT Quant"?
Since I have joned this forum I have read a lot of good reviews about the latter and I am thinking of getting MGMAT CATs in addition to the Kaplan CATs.
Thanks. Amber
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
ambera wrote:
bb wrote:
Which diagnostic did you take?

You should only test the portion of the materials that you have covered.
Working on OG 11 won't give you anything, nor will it help to take those 8 CAT's unless you understand why you keep making mistakes how to stop making them.

Hi bb,

I took "Kaplan Diagnostic Test", the one thats provided in Kaplan Premium Online Course.
I have done enough reading and now I plan to take back to back CATs from Kaplan till my exam so I can reflect on my timing and mistakes made.
How do you compare "Kaplan Quant" to "MGMAT Quant"?
Since I have joned this forum I have read a lot of good reviews about the latter and I am thinking of getting MGMAT CATs in addition to the Kaplan CATs.
Thanks. Amber

MGMAT guides are the best books/self prep course available out there. I doubt anyone will argue. Kaplan books are next (few will argue with this as well though some books by other test prep in Quant and verbal stand out, none are complete).

So if you have time, definitely get the MGMAT CATs or MGMAT Guides. both are good.
GMAT Club Bot