Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:45 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Job Acquirement
Schools:Duke Class of 2012
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [0]
Given Kudos: 3439
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General
Schools:Ross Class of 2012
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: HSM
Schools:Fuqua Class of 2012
Send PM
Re: Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED) [#permalink]
Found this on the Fuqua FAQ page (https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/student_resou ... time/faqs/) -

"Approximately one week after you submit your FAFSA, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR), which will indicate the receipt and initial processing of your application. Our financial aid office receives an electronic copy of the SAR. The FAFSA data for admitted students is reviewed for accuracy and completeness. If additional information is needed, you will receive a written request from Fuqua. If no additional information is required or after requested information is received and reviewed, you will receive a financial aid award notice as stated above. Our financial aid office begins review of financial aid applications in March and sends out award notices on a rolling basis."

I took it to mean after submission of your FAFSA and receipt of your SAR, there wasn't much more that needed to be done prior to formal loan applications in March after hearing about financial aid. That said, I could have misread something. ACNguy, where'd you find the form that needs additional info?
Current Student
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Hey,

Below is a little info from the attached URL:

Step 2: Complete The Duke MBA-Daytime Financial Aid Form
After completing the FAFSA, complete and submit The Duke MBA-Daytime Financial Aid Form:

Daytime MBA Financial Aid Form
This form will inform our Financial Aid Office of the types of aid that you are requesting. Without submitting this form we will not know that you are requesting financial aid.

https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/student_resources/financial_aid_daytime/applying_fo_financial_aid/
Current Student
Send PM
Great info - thanks, I probably wouldn't have gotten worried enough to track that down until it was too late. I just called the Fuqua financial aid office and left a message, I'll post as soon as I hear something back.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hey, everyone. First-year Fuqua student here. Haven't been on this forum since I went through all this last year, but my workload is starting to slow down a little bit (a very little bit), so I thought I'd check in to see if I can help answer any questions you might have about the Duke MBA. I probably can't help with the communications problems or the issues with the financial aid office, but I'll try my best on everything else.

My own two cents for now:
This has been the best academic experience of my life, probably because the immense amount of work and learning has been overshadowed by all the fun. There have been some very, very long days here, but none of the low points have ever felt that bad because of the emphasis on teamwork and friendship that could very well be unique to Fuqua. It's amazing how cool and how down to earth everyone is here. As one of my professors said when he turned down Kellogg to come here this year: everyone at Fuqua takes their work very seriously, but no one takes themselves too seriously.

I could go on and on, but I'll stop there. I'll be in the admissions office a little bit during the week, for any of you coming in for interviews. And I'll try to check back on here within a couple days.

For those of you who got dinged, I'm sure something will work out somewhere else. For those of you still waiting, good luck! And for those of you who are thinking about withdrawing -- hold off until Blue Devil Weekend. I didn't think I'd be able to come here at first (thought I'd have to go somewhere else closer to home, since I've got a family), but then I went to that weekend, and everything changed. It was a great time!

Best of luck, everyone.
John
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Ross (R2), Fuqua (R2), Sloan (R2), LBS (R2)
Send PM
20 days guys!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
What's Fuqua's grade disclosure policy?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
 Q42  V42
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: Public Accounting - 2 yrs
WE 2: PE Fund Accounting - 3 yrs
Send PM
Is it just me, or does it seem like the wait for Duke has taken YEARS. I did the open interview in November...that's probably why it seems so long.
Current Student
 Q47  V40
Send PM
number41 wrote:
Is it just me, or does it seem like the wait for Duke has taken YEARS. I did the open interview in November...that's probably why it seems so long.

I'm in the same position as you!! This is brutal, and if they release decisions early like R1 I'll miss it because I'm in Mexico!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
 Q42  V42
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: Public Accounting - 2 yrs
WE 2: PE Fund Accounting - 3 yrs
Send PM
ACNguy wrote:
number41 wrote:

I'm in the same position as you!! This is brutal, and if they release decisions early like R1 I'll miss it because I'm in Mexico!

Oh man! Even more brutal. Let's just hope the "Admitted Student Portal email" fiasco from Round 1 doesn't repeat itself in Round 2. I don't know if I could handle that.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Job Acquirement
Schools:Duke Class of 2012
Send PM
Interviewed today, on campus with 2nd year student. Pretty straightforward (why mba, why Duke, resume walkthrough). The only question I wasn't expecting was 'How do you define and live diversity in your life?'.

I felt that I had a good rapport with my interviewer, just felt that I talked too much sometimes. :|

Hopefully it went well.
Current Student
 Q47  V40
Send PM
kidd38s wrote:
Great info - thanks, I probably wouldn't have gotten worried enough to track that down until it was too late. I just called the Fuqua financial aid office and left a message, I'll post as soon as I hear something back.

Hey, by chance did you hear back from their office yet?
Current Student
Send PM
ACNguy wrote:
kidd38s wrote:

Hey, by chance did you hear back from their office yet?

Nah, nothing yet. I'm going to check in tomorrow and stay on the line until I get a hold of someone live.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
 Q42  V49
Send PM
quick question for waitlisted candidates - Are you guys sending in a bunch of additional material? The communication seems to encourage sending in material and showing your interest but they do list the things they are looking for. I was curious on what strategy you guys were following. I have sent in an additional recommendation and a letter not sure if I should stay in touch every couple of weeks... :?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
@ACNguy

Alright, threw up the white flag after 5 tries, wasn't able to get anyone. It's kind of disconcerting that they would take this long to return a call when the student aid application is due in less than two weeks. There also doesn't seem to be an email address on the contact info form for a follow up (edit: found it on the financial aid site: finaid-info@fuqua.duke.edu).

Anyway, there's an admitted student event in NYC tonight that I'm going to try to get to. I'll see if I can't find anyone there who has an idea of how to answer the question.

Speaking of which, any other gmatclubbers that are going to be at the event?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Schools:Chicago, Yale, UCLA, Duke (Withdrawn), Stanford, Berkeley
Send PM
So.. are most people showing up in a suit & tie?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [1]
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Kudos
bonethugnhominy wrote:
So.. are most people showing up in a suit & tie?

if you are talking interviews you will be in the majority if you're in a suit and tie.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
gtb2009 wrote:
What's Fuqua's grade disclosure policy?

As of now, we have a full disclosure policy (meaning the recruiter has access to our grades if requested), but there has been some talk this year about doing away with that. I think it's just talk, though. Personally, I like grade disclosure. If a firm is going to take a chance on someone and shower him with many thousands of dollars then the firm should see how he's doing in school. And if a student is worried about grade disclosure then maybe he should just do better.

You may already know this, but we don't have grades in the traditional sense anyway. The top 25% of each class gets an SP; the next 40% gets an HP; and the bottom 35% gets a P, LP, or F.

A couple of you have been concerned about the tie or no tie deal. All I can say there is that the school truly wants you to be comfortable, so dress according to that and only that. You're not going to impress anyone if you wear a tie (and you might come off a little stiff), and you're certainly not going to disappoint anyone if you go without one.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  44   45   46   47   48   49   50  ...  65   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts