Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:15 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72886 [0]
Given Kudos: 18867
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: PRM
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, IB, Mathematical finace
GPA: 3.14
WE 1: Risk management
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: GMAT Study Plan - How to Start your GMAT Prep [#permalink]
gmat newb here...really learning a lot from this place...thanks to you all!

Originally posted by derekjung80 on 08 Feb 2010, 22:43.
Last edited by derekjung80 on 31 Dec 2012, 12:08, edited 1 time in total.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Welcome guys and good luck.
If you have any suggestions, please do let me know and I will try to include them regularly.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,

So far I have followed the plan the past two months...I went from a diagnostic of 480 (v25 q32) to a 570 (v29 q41). I have 3 weeks left until the test.

Thank you soo much!! I love this website and all the advice has been awesome.

I need a 570 to get into the Depaul Ms in Finance program, so I think I am in good shape.

What areas do you think I should concentrate the most these last three weeks?

I have all my days to study (I am unemployed), I am using Knewton (have way through the course, I will post a review after I am done with the test), Gmat hacks math book and Mgmat SC book. I have like 10 more gmats left to take.

Also, what point increase should I realistically expect from 570 in this three week span?

I am planning on taking the Gmat again in June in hope of getting 700. (I will have 2 1/2 more months to study after a 2 week break from this first exam), to improve my employment opportunities after graduation.

Thanks a lot!

I love GMAT club! I am ecuadorian living in Chicago the past 2 years.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks and congratulations - looking forward to your debrief and a big success story :wink:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: International Business , Marketing
 Q48  V37
WE 1: IT Services and Product Development
Send PM
Hi bb ,

been away for a long time from gmatclub !

took the test in december and scored a 690 , very disappointed :cry:

got an ISB ding :? was the only school I applied to this year

want to hit 740+ . any suggestions for me . planning to retake in june.

my breakdown :arrow: (Q: 48 V:37 AWA:5.0)
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
My suggestion would be this plan: gmat-study-plan-go-from-650-to-80235.html
By the way, 690 is not a bad score at all. ISB of course is highly competitive but 690 is not bad at all.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: International Business , Marketing
 Q48  V37
WE 1: IT Services and Product Development
Send PM
bb wrote:
My suggestion would be this plan: gmat-study-plan-go-from-650-to-80235.html
By the way, 690 is not a bad score at all. ISB of course is highly competitive but 690 is not bad at all.

thanks for the guidance bb

will start working on it
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello! I havent write posts last time, but i have carefully look at matherial and idioms that i have found heve; they are very useful, thanks a lot. Now i have many many questions=) first of all i want to ast the professionals, i have make me familiar with GMAT tasks(Q and V) have loo through my OG for 3 month but not very intensive. at last month i have spend more time at Vebal. And now i realise that i ve forgotten the Math. 1 month i have, want to work more intensive. Today i have done online sample test. But it was horrible, verbal only 29 % or 12 from 41. What can i do? By the way i have 1 time choose answers without readung and i have got 27%. How can i improove my score? i want to have 650
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
What books did you use?

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
Please guide me on this:
journey-begins-guide-me-guys-90607.html
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you for your study plan information. My journey begins tomorrow as it pertains to my 3 month study plan. I will be applying for schools towards the end of this year! Great web site and posts from all of it's members!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

This is my first post. Read quite a few of the posts here and it has really proved useful as I was totally unaware of the whats and hows of GMAT. Great job and a big thanks to all!!!

I have around 4 -5 months to prepare. I am working as a software engineer from 12 noon to 11 night. So that gives me the morning hours to prepare. I can squeeze in around 3 hours per day and much more on weekends. Could you please let me know of this is sufficient?

I have a few doubts. Could you kindly clear?

1. You have mentioned not to waste OG until one is prepared with the stuffs. So could you please give a sequential list of books to be used.

2. Is it okay to give the GMAT prep test without preparing? If not, could you kindly tell me which other test will give me a clear idea of where I stand? Once this is done, I can give the test and then plan further with your help. :-D

3. I am pretty weak in Quants. Could you kindly give me a plan as to how to go about this? Like which book to start first with and how to progress?

Reply highly awaited!

Thank you so much!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: International Management
Schools:Rotterdam School of Management
Send PM
i have a question, I'm starting to make a plan and I'm considering which books are the best prep material. I saw that you prefer the Kaplan series, but some members told me it's the best to start with the Manhattan series. Please let me know your advice. Also is it OK to get the Official guide, first go through it and than get other materials?
Thank you in advance
Manager
Manager
Status:Not afraid of failures, disappointments, and falls.
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 260
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
atanasovd wrote:
i have a question, I'm starting to make a plan and I'm considering which books are the best prep material. I saw that you prefer the Kaplan series, but some members told me it's the best to start with the Manhattan series. Please let me know your advice. Also is it OK to get the Official guide, first go through it and than get other materials?
Thank you in advance

Man Official Guides are essential and first have some review then go to OG. To do first half of the questions untimed is OK but other half attempt them with time & try to do questions in chunks everyday.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Hi,
I have just started GMAT preparations, I had OG 11th edition so took the diagnostic test to start with and got the score ranges as the one below.
1. Quant- Above Avg.
2. DS - Above Avg.
3. RC - Above Avg.
4. CR - Excellent
5. SC - Average.

I want to take GMAT in two months. Shall I start with MGMAT -SC (I have 2007 edition) and later to other subjects.What all Books shall I refer to and what shall be my strategy?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi all

Thank for your great experiences and ideas shared in this forum.

I am a newbie for the GMAT and I plan to take GMAT in July, 2010. My first target is 600.

I have gone through many links and threads in this forum, especially for how to make a good study plan and I realised that most of people have received valuable advices. So I decide to post my study plan here and hopefully, I will get some ideas and comments to make my plan more effectively.

I am not native English speaker. Although I completed my bachelor programme in English in European country, I believe my English skill is still at low level, particularly for GMAT preparation. Therefore, I should divide my plan into 2 stages.

The first stage is to review English grammar and general writing and reading strategies. I am going to spend 1 month for this stage (5 hours per day). My weakness is probably vocabulary and understanding business idioms. To solve these problems, I am reading The Economist (very carefully 2 articles per day) and GMAT Fiction now. Could you suggest any other ideas to enlarge my vocabulary?

The second one is to follow 3 months plan which BB suggested. I will apply and adjust something after I take a diagnostic test. To prepare for this stage from now, what I need is a collection of GMAT books which is suitable with my background and my 600-target. Could you recommend me some ideas?

I look forward to receiving all your suggestions.

Have a nice day
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
tieusu81 wrote:
Hi all

Thank for your great experiences and ideas shared in this forum.

I am a newbie for the GMAT and I plan to take GMAT in July, 2010. My first target is 600.

I have gone through many links and threads in this forum, especially for how to make a good study plan and I realised that most of people have received valuable advices. So I decide to post my study plan here and hopefully, I will get some ideas and comments to make my plan more effectively.

I am not native English speaker. Although I completed my bachelor programme in English in European country, I believe my English skill is still at low level, particularly for GMAT preparation. Therefore, I should divide my plan into 2 stages.

The first stage is to review English grammar and general writing and reading strategies. I am going to spend 1 month for this stage (5 hours per day). My weakness is probably vocabulary and understanding business idioms. To solve these problems, I am reading The Economist (very carefully 2 articles per day) and GMAT Fiction now. Could you suggest any other ideas to enlarge my vocabulary?

The second one is to follow 3 months plan which BB suggested. I will apply and adjust something after I take a diagnostic test. To prepare for this stage from now, what I need is a collection of GMAT books which is suitable with my background and my 600-target. Could you recommend me some ideas?

I look forward to receiving all your suggestions.

Have a nice day

What is your starting point to reach the 600 target?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  42