Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:11 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:USC(CGSM), NYU(Int), Texas(CGSM), Ross(CGSM), LBS(Int), Kellogg(Int,JDMBA)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:USC(CGSM), NYU(Int), Texas(CGSM), Ross(CGSM), LBS(Int), Kellogg(Int,JDMBA)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink]
JoeMahmah wrote:
I applied through the Consortium, so did not require an additional interview. Thank for the kinds words!

if you don't mind me asking, i see that you also applied to Stern (via Consortium?) Since fellowship decisions are supposed to be released by next Friday, does that mean you expect to get final decisions on other Consortium schools by then?

My best friend is applying via the consortium and we are both confused by the final decision dates..I am not a consortium applicant but have already done my R2 interview for Yale and Stern and I don't expect to hear back for several weeks. My friend, on the other hand, has not yet been invited... I'm wondering if that means she won't get in =( Or if that just means she probably won't get the fellowship to either of those schools..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools:Michigan - Ross Class of 2012
 Q42  V39
GPA: 3.41
WE 1: Marketing within Financial Services
Send PM
Kudos
chmny3 wrote:
JoeMahmah wrote:
I applied through the Consortium, so did not require an additional interview. Thank for the kinds words!

if you don't mind me asking, i see that you also applied to Stern (via Consortium?) Since fellowship decisions are supposed to be released by next Friday, does that mean you expect to get final decisions on other Consortium schools by then?

My best friend is applying via the consortium and we are both confused by the final decision dates..I am not a consortium applicant but have already done my R2 interview for Yale and Stern and I don't expect to hear back for several weeks. My friend, on the other hand, has not yet been invited... I'm wondering if that means she won't get in =( Or if that just means she probably won't get the fellowship to either of those schools..

I'll jump in since I'm also a Consortium applicant. Most likely, it means that Yale and Stern are not going to offer the fellowship (could've been for several reasons). But they might have still liked her enough to wait on making a decision depending on the yield of their fellowship offers (mid-March). Since the time frame to accept the fellowship is early April, they both could still throw out the acceptance/invite before their respective deadlines.

For Yale at least, if you were dinged outright, you should've heard yesterday. Hope this helps and is somewhere close to being accurate for your friends sake.

Which reminds me...For the roll call, Dinged for Yale on 2/26. :-)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
theoutlawfades wrote:
chmny3 wrote:
JoeMahmah wrote:

I'll jump in since I'm also a Consortium applicant. Most likely, it means that Yale and Stern are not going to offer the fellowship (could've been for several reasons). But they might have still liked her enough to wait on making a decision depending on the yield of their fellowship offers (mid-March). Since the time frame to accept the fellowship is early April, they both could still throw out the acceptance/invite before their respective deadlines.

For Yale at least, if you were dinged outright, you should've heard yesterday. Hope this helps and is somewhere close to being accurate for your friends sake.

Sorry for the Yale ding. You brought up an interesting point. Does the 02/26 outright ding date apply to all R2 applicants or Consortium only?

I see you've been accepted at Ross and Darden - That's great news! Good luck..hope it works out well for you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools:Michigan - Ross Class of 2012
 Q42  V39
GPA: 3.41
WE 1: Marketing within Financial Services
Send PM
co2012 wrote:
Sorry for the Yale ding. You brought up an interesting point. Does the 02/26 outright ding date apply to all R2 applicants or Consortium only?

I see you've been accepted at Ross and Darden - That's great news! Good luck..hope it works out well for you.

2/26 date was Consortium only because the schools meet in March to decide on Fellowships. So they need admissions decisions for that group earlier than the rest of the applicant pool.

Thanks for the comments! Definitely very excited about Ross and Darden as options and still have a few more that I'm waiting on. Best of luck to all the R2 applicants still in the game for Yale!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
theoutlawfades wrote:
chmny3 wrote:
JoeMahmah wrote:

Thanks!!! That was helpful; I'll pass along the info. Sorr to hear about Yale, but congrats on darden and ross!! best of luck while you wait on other decisions, as well
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
ROLL CALL PG UPDATED

My condolences to all the Consortium applicants, especially the ones that were looking forward to YSOM.

Sometimes there's a reason for everything, and I am sure you guys will all bounce back with admits from other schools. I sure remember last year when I was WL'ed from my #1 choice Tuck, but that wasn't the end of the world (even though it sure felt like it was at the time).

Good luck with your other applications and stay positive!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 393 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Yale SOM should stop sending out e-mails titled, "Inside the Admissions Interview." :shock:

My hope-o-meter started ringing out loud, then the reality set in. :evil:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Is there still time to receive a R2 interview invite? Has anyone received one within the last week?
Current Student
Affiliations: ?
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance, Strategy
Schools:Kellogg; Ross ($$); Tuck
 Q48  V38
Send PM
Jivana wrote:
Yale SOM should stop sending out e-mails titled, "Inside the Admissions Interview." :shock:

yah, I also received this email ....
by the way, there is no status update online. how do know about your status for Yale? just have to wait for the interview/ding email?

this really too long....
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: GLOBASE Leadership Team Member (Global Business, Social Enterprise)
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Supply Chain & Operations
WE 1: 4 years, nonprofit administration
WE 2: Internship: Cummins, Inc.
Send PM
Hi All,
Not sure if this is the right thread - if someone's got a better one for me to look for please direct. But I've been following (and sharing) in the wait anxiety for Yale so I thought I'd post here...

Is it considered inappropriate to inquire about the status of an application (eg, Yale R2) and to mention that we are facing the prospect of placing deposits at other schools while we wait to hear about potential interviews/dings? My instinct is not to bother the admissions staff who probably have their work cut out for them right now, but some of my friends think it is worth throwing out to them and may prompt an interview invitation or faster review (or in worst case, a reply that they just can't project my timeline)

Alternatively, what do people think about contacting a school you've been admitted to and asking for more time before being forced to pay the deposit or decline? I'd like to keep as many options open as possible but the deposits will add up even faster than the application deposits, school visits, and materials combined...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
madeinafrica wrote:
Jivana wrote:

yah, I also received this email ....
by the way, there is no status update online. how do know about your status for Yale? just have to wait for the interview/ding email?

this really too long....

I don't, and I liked to know my odds, even if it is < 1. For Yale, I have no clue as to where I stand. They should at least give us some kind of an update, like these many invites have gone out, these many more would go out by such and such date..

Even if it is a semi-ding, I know it & I can move on...this wait is just stressful.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yale is still sending out invites. I received one today. R2 applied on jan 6th.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
DO I need to bring official transcripts for yale interview? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
besides consortium folks, has anyone received an admit for round 2?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring &amp; Distressed M&amp;A
Send PM
journey wrote:
DO I need to bring official transcripts for yale interview? Thanks!

Congrats on your interview invite. I am not aware of any bschool that requires you to bring a copy of official transcript for an interview. (YSOM is not an exception) You only need to provide official copy of the transcript once you are admitted and you intend to enroll.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
journey -- no need to bring an official transcript. The interviewer also had his own copy of my resume.

I had mine about two weeks ago, but on the status page online it still doesn't have that I completed it. Should I call up the admissions office or is this normal?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
nink wrote:
I am not aware of any bschool that requires you to bring a copy of official transcript for an interview. (YSOM is not an exception) You only need to provide official copy of the transcript once you are admitted and you intend to enroll.

MIT
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  31   32   33   34   35   36   37  ...  46