Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:14 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [0]
Given Kudos: 3439
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:UNC (R1), NCSU (R2), Duke (R2)
GPA: 3.9
WE 1: IT systems management
WE 2: telecom
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, MOT
Schools:Duke R2, MIT R2, NCSU R2, Georgia Tech
 Q47  V41
GPA: 3.77
WE 1: Technology Management - 5 years
WE 2: Supply Chain Management - 1 year
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Job Acquirement
Schools:Duke Class of 2012
Send PM
Re: Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED) [#permalink]
It's not like I'm counting down the days until they release the decisions...no sir, not me. :roll:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Fuqua Class of 2012
 Q42  V42
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: Public Accounting - 2 yrs
WE 2: PE Fund Accounting - 3 yrs
Send PM
aolaiz wrote:
number41 wrote:
How certain are we that decisions will go out next Friday, March 5? It seemed to me in R1 that Duke was planning to wait until the actual deadline, but had their hand forced because a few emails for the admitted student site leaked out the Friday before.

Whether decisions go out March 5 or March 8, I can't wait! Hopefully, they will do as they did on R1.

On R1, where all decisions sent out the same day ot where there some early decisions?

From what I understand, a few "Welcome to the Admitted Student Website" emails were leaked on the Friday morning before the Monday deadline, which obviously caused an uproar because there was no official "You have been admitted" email. I think they ended up sending out all decisions that Friday in response to the mishap.

However, I doubt this will be repeated for R2. For what its worth, EA round decisions were released a few days ahead of deadline.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [0]
Send PM
InCaseYouAsked wrote:
It's not like I'm counting down the days until they release the decisions...no sir, not me. :roll:

How many hours, minutes and seconds to the deadline, do you think, off the top of your head? :wink:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Strategic Management, Finance, Managerial and Organizational Behavior
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2012
Send PM
Kudos
coakleym wrote:
InCaseYouAsked wrote:

How many hours, minutes and seconds to the deadline, do you think, off the top of your head? :wink:

119 hours, 44 minutes, and 11, 10, 9 seconds.... Just off the top of my head!

(I used excel in 30 seconds. I'm not the kind of dork who would do it by hand...just the other kind.)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:FuquaR1, JohnsonR3, TuckEA , Marriott w/ $$
GMAT 2: 700
GPA: 3.86
Send PM
Do you think the waitlisters will hear anything with R2 decisions?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Product Management
Schools:Carroll School of Management, Fuqua
 Q39  V47
GPA: 3.64
Send PM
This wait is killing me! I was admitted to a second tier school here in Boston and I just want to know where I'm going. Obviously I would love to get into Fuqua but I don't think I will -- I have a 700 gmat, 3.65 college gpa, 5 years w/e but I don't have the traditional b school background at all.

I need answers!! This weekend will be brutal
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Strategic Management, Finance, Managerial and Organizational Behavior
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2012
Send PM
Kudos
Don't worry guys, just 372,221 seconds left until 5pm on Monday.
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V41
Send PM
omen wrote:
This wait is killing me! I was admitted to a second tier school here in Boston and I just want to know where I'm going. Obviously I would love to get into Fuqua but I don't think I will -- I have a 700 gmat, 3.65 college gpa, 5 years w/e but I don't have the traditional b school background at all.

On the Information Session I attented last november, one of the alumni told me that Fuqua, as most Business Schools, is looking for "unique candidates", those without traditional backgrounds. That means that if the strongests candidates happen all to be US engineers (all +750 GMAT, +3.5 GPA and terrific WE + essays), not all of them will get admitted. They want as much heterogeneity as possible.

Hope this brightens your expectations!
Intern
Intern
 Q39  V47
Send PM
aolaiz wrote:
omen wrote:

On the Information Session I attented last november, one of the alumni told me that Fuqua, as most Business Schools, is looking for "unique candidates", those without traditional backgrounds. That means that if the strongests candidates happen all to be US engineers (all +750 GMAT, +3.5 GPA and terrific WE + essays), not all of them will get admitted. They want as much heterogeneity as possible.

Thank you! They all say that but then you look at the stats and they admit mostly people with Engineering, Finance, Consulting etc backgrounds. I worked for myself for a few years and now work for a property management company, but i have never managed anyone which I don't think helps my cause. Plus Fuqua is really quantitative and I scored 99% V and 57%Q on the GMAT.

Expect the worst, hope for the best I guess? :P
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
aolaiz wrote:

What brightens my day is looking at your profile picture and imagining that is an actual photo of you as you encourage us with Duke's calls for heterogeneity. Obviously, as the smartest dog alive, you're a shoo-in at Fuqua and everywhere else you applied and not just because you fill their animal quota. (seriously, I have nothing better to do right now). Your 6 years of work experience is more like 42 (top that) and, as long as you avoid frenzied excitement/accidents, you'll have recruiters fawning all over you. Also your shorter life-span really puts some urgency into the Why MBA, Why Now essay.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So I'm just as nervous as everyone else. How are people being notified - email? Or do we have to check our status on the application page? I hope they release them on Friday...assuming it's an acceptance that is :-D
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
horseboat wrote:
So I'm just as nervous as everyone else. How are people being notified - email? Or do we have to check our status on the application page? I hope they release them on Friday...assuming it's an acceptance that is :-D

you will get an e-mail telling to you to check your status.
Intern
Intern
 Q39  V47
Send PM
asimov wrote:
horseboat wrote:

Yeah, you'll get an email that your decision is now available online. Does Duke call anyone or is it all via e-mail? I was surprised there was no phone call with my other admission.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: HSM
Send PM
omen wrote:
asimov wrote:
horseboat wrote:

Yeah, you'll get an email that your decision is now available online. Does Duke call anyone or is it all via e-mail? I was surprised there was no phone call with my other admission.

I got a call a day or two later from my interviewer congratulating me, but the email/website status check was the initial notification - I think that was the standard.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
 Q47  V41
Send PM
Kudos
coakleym wrote:
What brightens my day is looking at your profile picture and imagining that is an actual photo of you as you encourage us with Duke's calls for heterogeneity. Obviously, as the smartest dog alive, you're a shoo-in at Fuqua and everywhere else you applied and not just because you fill their animal quota. (seriously, I have nothing better to do right now). Your 6 years of work experience is more like 42 (top that) and, as long as you avoid frenzied excitement/accidents, you'll have recruiters fawning all over you. Also your shorter life-span really puts some urgency into the Why MBA, Why Now essay.

Can you imagine a puppy (is not a grown-up dog yet) being your fellow peer at Fuqua? It will be very entertaining. Looks like this application is strong indeed... by the way, the puppy's name is Gami.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
 Q42  V42
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: Public Accounting - 2 yrs
WE 2: PE Fund Accounting - 3 yrs
Send PM
Quote:
I got a call a day or two later from my interviewer congratulating me, but the email/website status check was the initial notification - I think that was the standard.

Did the email go out at midnight on the deadline day? I realize this is absolutely pathetic that I don't have the patience to just sit back and wait for this to happen in its own due time, but dammit, I can't help myself.
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V41
Send PM
number41 wrote:
Quote:

Did the email go out at midnight on the deadline day? I realize this is absolutely pathetic that I don't have the patience to just sit back and wait for this to happen in its own due time, but dammit, I can't help myself.

I can't help my self either (lol). Anyone wanting to add tension should look at the Business Week forum, where a discussion similar to this is taking place.

By the way, has anyone sent an inquiry e-mail to admission staff at Duke? Wonder if they would even answer back at this point.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  46   47   48   49   50   51   52  ...  65   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts