Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 12:36 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 483 [45]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools:SSE
 Q47  V39
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72858 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: All you need to know about the MSc in Management [#permalink]
Hello,

Thanks for the magnificent post!

Could you tell me, if for people who finish their bachelor in business administration, would it be a waste of time a 2 year program? I am thinking that one year could just be two short, from someone coming not from those elite schools even if it has certain prior knowledge...

Thanks in advance!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 483 [1]
 Q47  V39
Send PM
Kudos
arammug

I found these programs in the US:

SMU Cox School of Business from Dallas (Evening or weekend program)
University of Maryland
Boston University This is the first online program I've ever seen
Indiana Wesleyan University Here goes the second online program I've ever seen
Hough Graduate School of Business (Florida) "program designed specifically for individuals with NON-business academic backgrounds/degrees and have little or no professional work experience.
Minot State University
Thomas Edison State College (With all respects, this one seems a bit creepy)
Thunderbird School of Global Management
Florida Keys Community College

Not much as you can see. I don't have information of these schools, but personally, the Thunderbird course seems to be in a higher league than the others.

Regarding the Duke program, I've looked through the web and can't find any info related to the MSc in Management.

ioanadinu

The thing is that normally 2-year programs are designed for graduates from other disciplines, and therefore you are not eligible. If I were you, I would go for the CEMS Master, it is a 18-month program and you can choose among +/-18 different schools to do it (and is ranked 1st by the way).

Should you have more questions, don't hesitate =)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Good Job! This is total new information to me. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
hey...I was researching some MSc programs as well, (mainly in Canada) I was looking at Queens and Richard Ivey school of business (they're coming out with a new CEMS alliance program in Fall 2010) you might want to check it out. Regarding thunderbird, its a good school, but their curriculum is mundane (for a finance major) I majored in Finance, so 80-90% of the courses taught at thunderbird, I've already taken. Also, in my opinion, I dont think their recruiting center is really good. I personally want to get into consulting, and I'm targeting firms like Bain, McKinsey, Boston Consulting Group etc....and those firms dont recruit on that campus. I would suggest looking at the career center statistics, and what folks recruit from there, cuz at the end of the day thats what really matters.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Hi I am Akshay

I have made it to LSE MSc Management and Strategy for session 2010-11. I would like to know that how are the placement for this course what are the job role offered to students from LSE and the salary offered.

These are important consideration as I am an international student and would be dependent on loans therefore salary figure is an important consideration. Please give a break up of name of companies recruiting from LSE specifically from MSc Management and Strategy and the net salary offered.

Also what is the basic difference between LSE MSc Management (2yr) and various other Msc Management related courses such as 1.MSc Management and Strategy. 2. MSc Management organisation and governance and 3. Msc Management and Economics

Thanks
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 483 [0]
 Q47  V39
Send PM
akshayprasad wrote:
Hi I am Akshay
I have made it to LSE MSc Management and Strategy for session 2010-11. I would like to know that how are the placement for this course what are the job role offered to students from LSE and the salary offered.

These are important consideration as I am an international student and would be dependent on loans therefore salary figure is an important consideration. Please give a break up of name of companies recruiting from LSE specifically from MSc Management and Strategy and the net salary offered.

Well, first congratulations for being accepted to LSE. About the information you ask for, don't take it wrong, but don't you think you should've done a bit of research before applying? I'm quite surprised that you didn't look for this beforehand. Anyway, I think the only sources that could provide this information are the LSE website and the FT Rankings (click herer)

akshayprasad wrote:
Also what is the basic difference between LSE MSc Management (2yr) and various other Msc Management related courses such as 1.MSc Management and Strategy. 2. MSc Management organisation and governance and 3. Msc Management and Economics

That's explained in the main post.

Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hey thanks for your concerned reply.

I have done a lot of research and it is for this reason that I applied for the course. I am fully aware of the fact that the course is ranked 4th best in the world and LSE name on your CV would always fetch you an interview call.

However I would just like to further reinstate my opinion and belief. Please do so as its my request.

1. How well regarded is the LSE Brand name from a world perspective and 1.1the course MSc Management and Strategy.

2. Any other insights that you would like to share about the course and brand name LSE

I know after having gone through the ranking such question may sound trivial. But I am doing so to further establish my belief about the course. please do reply to my queries.

Deepest regards
Akshay
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Thanks for ur information...Great job!!
Can u plz tell me what is the GMAT entry requirements and scholarships chances for schools in the UK?
Thanks in advance
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:LBS
 Q46  V34
Send PM
Good job fellow Spaniard! :) I guess you are reading the MiM at LBS right now, right? I've got the interview for this programee this month! :D May I ask what was your background and GMAT score?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 483 [0]
 Q47  V39
Send PM
Hello Kitsune, nice to see another Spanish fellow around here. Actually I applied this year to the LBS program and unfortunately I was dinged. Now fighting for a place in Esade, LSE and ESCP, with EM Lyon as a possible alternative..
If you want we can talk in private and I'll give you a full account of my background / experiences until now.

I wish you the best of luck in your applications.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72858 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
kitsune wrote:
Good job fellow Spaniard! :) I guess you are reading the MiM at LBS right now, right? I've got the interview for this programee this month! :D May I ask what was your background and GMAT score?

Saruba is famous around here :wink:
welcome-saruba-as-the-new-moderator-of-the-ms-forum-88841.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello,
I'm kinda new to this forum even though I’ve been following your insightful posts for a while.
I'm contemplating an international management career in the IT industry. Can you please lend me your expert advice on which quality UK business schools offer the most reputable Management MSCs with a bias in IT? Someone once recommended Strathclyde, but I’m not sure and really need an insider's opinion!
Also, which business schools have a substantial number of students venturing into IT management after graduation?
I'm counting on y'all, and do keep up the good work!!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 483 [1]
 Q47  V39
Send PM