Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:50 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Kellogg MMM, Class of 2011
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:HBS, Booth, Stern, Kellogg
 Q42  V48
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink]
Epic ding. Got it via email today :(

Not to worry, Booth is my 1st choice anyway! But seriously, Booth - if you can hear me, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ACCEPT ME.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Strategic Management, Finance, Managerial and Organizational Behavior
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2012
Send PM
Chewie123 wrote:
Just wondering, how many people currently reading this forum have not heard (good or bad) from Kellogg? Where are you from? What program did you apply to? Me: From USA. Applied to 2 yr program. Still have not heard. Count of total people who have not heard: 1. (If you can, please add to the tally).

Hope this count counts as a positive contribution and revokes my lurker status.
Good luck everyone.

I'd just like to point out that [strike]there was never a request for people to post their stats/profile. From my point of view, this was[/strike] this began as an innocent attempt to find out how many of us are still actively waiting, and for what program (2y/1Y/MMM/JD-MBA). The roll call page had not been updated (understandably) and there are always people on the roll-call page who will never provide an update.

pudgethefish & limegreen -- I'm sorry to hear that. Good luck with your other schools (I'll probably need some of that luck, too).

Originally posted by shana22 on 18 Mar 2010, 12:52.
Last edited by shana22 on 18 Mar 2010, 13:42, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA L3 Candidate, Grad w/ Highest Honors
Own Kudos [?]: 288 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:Chicago Booth R2 (WL), Wharton R2 w/ int, Kellogg R2 w/ int
GMAT 2: 680  Q44  V38
GPA: 3.877
WE 1: Global Operations (Futures & Portfolio Financing) - Hedge Fund ($10bn+ Multi-Strat)
WE 2: Investment Analyst (Credit strategies) - Fund of Hedge Fund ($10bn+ Multi-Strat)
Send PM
DINGED

Well at least I can go back to lurking the Chicago Booth and Wharton threads....lurking all three was to much to handle.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:MIT
 Q50  V46
Send PM
robertrdzak wrote:
DINGED

Well at least I can go back to lurking the Chicago Booth and Wharton threads....lurking all three was to much to handle.

Sorry to hear that. Good luck with the other schools.
I think a lot of people (here and BW) are speculating that mostly everyone who hasn't heard so far will end up on the WL. Seeing the dings coming in has certainly dashed all hopes for that.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Good luck to all those still waiting for news. R2 applicant to Kellogg here - it's the only school that I applied to. 32M/India/720/2.9/10 yrs WE/Strong EC.

Please add me to the roll call.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Wharton (WL), Booth (WL), Kellogg (WL), Ross (ding)
GPA: 3.75
WE 1: public accounting
Send PM
so here's a question: if admission decisions are made on semi-rolling (random bases), how do they control the total number of admission? And does that mean that people who's file is reviewed later in the process (randomly), have less of a chance of getting accepted if certain demographic criteria and class shaping were fullfilled from apps reviewed earlier?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Haas, Harvard, Kellogg(admitted), Stanford, Yale(denied)
GMAT 2: 720
WE 1: Financial Services - 6 years
Send PM
:woohoo

Hey all - I'M IN AT KELLOGG!!!! (still in shock, had to check my email a few times to see the welcome email and see the 847 number in my call log)

Got the call at 3:56 PM EST from Jessica Seymour. I interviewed on 2/18 on campus.
26/F/720/3.2 GPA from state school ranked 75/6 years in Financial Services/Heavy EC's (I think my interview was ok, not great, I hit all the main points of my goals, why Kellogg etc, but fumbled on some other behavioral questions - so there's hope)

I'm so thankful for this forum and you all have kept me going through this agonizing waiting process. Good luck to the rest of you who are waiting, will keep my fingers crossed!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Kellogg (Ding), Booth (Admit), Wharton (WL)
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: Management Consulting
WE 2: NGO
Send PM
Big fat Ding, got the email around 12:30 central time.
Intern
Intern
Schools:Kellogg, UCLA, Haas, HBS (int), Stanford
Send PM
I'm in. I got the call Monday 3/15.
Please add me to the roll call.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Concentration: General
Send PM
It looks like for the JD/MBA, the majority of R1 notifications went out Jan 5/6 (Tues / Wed)... If R1 tells us anything about R2 (which it probably doesn't, but it makes me feel better!), JD/MBA decisions will be out on March 23/24.

Kellogg is my #1 choice, so I'm a little anxious to hear back (as we all are!) - I think I'll stay away from the forums for a few days!!!

:?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Schools:Kellogg,Columbia,Duke, Wharton,Cornell,NYU,Ross
Send PM
I am still waiting like everyone else, interviewed on 2/3. Given my waitlist history (on Duke's & Columbia's), I have this feeling that's where I will end up. I realize this is pre-decision, but does anyone know if you're on the WL and get in, do you get any scholarships/grants as part of your financial aid package?
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CFA Lv 3, Professional Engineer
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Strategy, Marketing
Schools:Wharton (R2 Ding after interview), Booth (Ding after interview), Kellogg (R2 JD/MBA WL)
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.7
WE 1: Environmental Engineering Consultant
Send PM
Just wondering, has any JD/MBAs got the feed back (Admit/Ding/WL) yet?

How much weight does the law school has on JD/MBA decision? Cause I didn't submit an LSAT score.
Since the application was mostly an MBA focused app with little room for law, is it advisable to send a "letter of intent"/"personal statement" to the law school to confirm interest?

Furthermore, from the number I read, Kellogg JD/MBA typically gets ~150 applicants, and each year the class size is around 30.
How many are actually admitted? 40? I assume of course the yield would not be 100%.

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
 Q48  V42
Send PM
ykostyuk wrote:
so here's a question: if admission decisions are made on semi-rolling (random bases), how do they control the total number of admission? And does that mean that people who's file is reviewed later in the process (randomly), have less of a chance of getting accepted if certain demographic criteria and class shaping were fullfilled from apps reviewed earlier?

agree...dont see how it can be a random rolling process that ensures class diversity, and also makes sure people at the end are not disadvantaged...they must have some idea about the pool beforehand...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:USC(CGSM), NYU(Int), Texas(CGSM), Ross(CGSM), LBS(Int), Kellogg(Int,JDMBA)
Send PM
luangm, I simply love the Megaman avatar. I don't think JD/MBA candidates have heard as of yet. We probably will begin to hear early next week. I believe on the application there was a place to signify if you wanted to be held in consideration for the law school separately, if rejected from the Kellogg JD/MBA program. Kellogg basically runs the entire process, and most students in the program have not even taken the LSAT. Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
Send PM
tihor wrote:
ykostyuk wrote:

agree...dont see how it can be a random rolling process that ensures class diversity, and also makes sure people at the end are not disadvantaged...they must have some idea about the pool beforehand...

If ad-com has an idea of the pool beforehand, would it be safe to assume that those that have not been dinged, are still under consideration and that it isn't that their applications have not been looked at all?

Also, does anyone have an idea if it is possible to be wait-listed without being interviewed, after having received an interview waiver? If that's possible, I'm supposing that anyone being bumped up to admit status from off the wait-list, would have to be interviewed at a later date :?: Can anyone from the current class please shed some light on whether this has happened in the past? I'm curious because (for those of us who have been granted waivers) it looks increasingly unlikely that there will be enough time before the decision date for any interviews.

Originally posted by Thr33 on 18 Mar 2010, 20:19.
Last edited by Thr33 on 18 Mar 2010, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: LSAT - 171
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools:Booth (R2, reapplicant from R3 '09), Kellogg (R2, JD/MBA, reapplicant from R3 '09), Haas (R3)
 Q48  V48
GPA: 3.29
WE 1: 5 yrs global telecommunications
Send PM
luangm wrote:
Just wondering, has any JD/MBAs got the feed back (Admit/Ding/WL) yet?

Furthermore, from the number I read, Kellogg JD/MBA typically gets ~150 applicants, and each year the class size is around 30.
How many are actually admitted? 40? I assume of course the yield would not be 100%.

2009 Class profile:

Applicants – 246
Admits – 36
Students – 28
Average GMAT – 724
Median GPA – 3.5

Applications were up ~50% over normal. NU normally aims for a class of ~25. I took the LSAT this year only because I had the time and thought I could perform well. Because the entire process is streamlined through Kellogg, I'm not sure to what extent this might benefit you - I ran into particular frustration with my interview with a 2Y Kellogg student. The question were exclusively geared to "Why Kellogg", which I didn't feel accurately / fairly reflected my interest in the unique JD/MBA program. Any other JD/MBA applicant else experience this?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 153 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, International Business, Finance
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
 Q48  V36
Send PM
ykostyuk wrote:

This is a very good question. Even after thinking long and hard, I couldn't come up with an answer.

I think they have a fair idea about whom to admit and whom to deny before hand.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  113   114   115   116   117  ...  136   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts