Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:13 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Investment Management
 Q50  V40
GPA: Dismal
WE 1: Information Technology (9 yrs)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [0]
Given Kudos: 3439
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:NYU (Stern), UChicago (Booth)
Send PM
Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
Hello!

I have been a silent observer on this thread for the past month or so and finally decided to join today after receiving the admit from Stern! It came only a few hours after the Booth rejection, which made it even more sweeter!

G luk to all those waiting.

Indian/M/770/2.5 yrs WE - AT&T in California followed by a Mid size Investment Bank in Mumbai (8 months)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:HBS, Booth, Stern, Kellogg
 Q42  V48
Send PM
mustafaj wrote:
pudgethefish wrote:
Just got an admit tonight - Interviewed 3/9! Woo! Good luck to all those still waiting!

Congrats! Who are you still waiting on?

Got dinged at Kellogg and admit at Booth - I applied to Harvard but didn't get an interview so it's 99% a ding ... oh well! I'm just happy that anyone accepted me!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare, Biotech
Send PM
Kudos
I just started using this forum more actively so I thought I'd give an update on my status if it helps ease some nerves for those who haven't heard anything? I submitted on R2 deadline, pretty much assumed ding by now....but out of the blue this morning I received an interview invite (quite surprised!), and the available dates are all after their R2 notification date.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
biotechgirl wrote:
I just started using this forum more actively so I thought I'd give an update on my status if it helps ease some nerves for those who haven't heard anything? I submitted on R2 deadline, pretty much assumed ding by now....but out of the blue this morning I received an interview invite (quite surprised!), and the available dates are all after their R2 notification date.

Congrats biotechgirl,

Can you please share your profile ?

thnx.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Hi, can anyone tell me about how long after the online admit notification you received the admit packet? any scholarships?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Alpha Phi Omega, Golden Key, Phi Kappa Phi
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Product Development, Marketing, General Management in High Tech, (New) Media, Computer Entertainment
Schools:Ross (CGSM), Maryland, Columbia, CGSM: Stern, Darden, Cornell
 Q49  V41
GPA: 3.89
WE 1: Software/Product Dev (3 yrs)
WE 2: Patent Drafting/Prosecution (1 yr)
Send PM
cenbj wrote:
Hi, can anyone tell me about how long after the online admit notification you received the admit packet? any scholarships?

I received the online admit notification on March 5th, and I'm pretty sure I received the admit packet on the 12th (or thereabouts), so it was about a week (wow, I can't believe it was only a week - seemed like an eternity at the time)!

Anyhow, no scholarship for me. Actually, I was discussing this with some other admits just yesterday, and we couldn't remember hearing of anyone who was offered a scholarship to NYU this year...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Finance and Strategy
Schools:[color=red][CBS Class of 2013]
 Q37  V40 GMAT 2: 700  Q43  V44
GPA: 3.88
WE 1: 2 years investment banking (middle-market)
WE 2: 3.5 years transaction modeling / consulting (big 4)
Send PM
for all those who still havent heard anything: I received a waitlist notification an hour ago. I applied 1/15 (sent new GMAT score on 1/27) and heard back today, 3/26.

Anyone have any idea what the chances are of getting off the waitlist? Also, suppose you do end up getting an interview - is it still possible to get waitlisted again, after the interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare, Biotech
Send PM
Kudos
Analyst9 wrote:
biotechgirl wrote:

Congrats biotechgirl,

Can you please share your profile ?

thnx.

Sure! F/26/3.6 Genetics Top Public/4 yrs R&D scientist, Bus. Dev. at biotech start up
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I submitted R2, interviewed 3/8 and got waitlisted 3/23. It looks like there is only one other person like me, waitlisted after an interview. Any insights into my chances? I feel like I am in better shape than those waitlisted without an interview, but that could be wishful thinking. I sent a letter the next day about my recent raise and additional EC, and got a prompt response from a real human saying they received it. 26/M/760/3.6 Public/4yrs Corp Fin/Decent ECs.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
quantconcerns wrote:
for all those who still havent heard anything: I received a waitlist notification an hour ago. I applied 1/15 (sent new GMAT score on 1/27) and heard back today, 3/26.

Anyone have any idea what the chances are of getting off the waitlist? Also, suppose you do end up getting an interview - is it still possible to get waitlisted again, after the interview?

Sorry, forgot to state this explicitly: Waitlisted w/o interview on 3/26
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
Send PM
quantconcerns wrote:
quantconcerns wrote:

Sorry, forgot to state this explicitly: Waitlisted w/o interview on 3/26

I'm in the same boat as you quantconcern. I'm waitlisted without interview.

To everyone: What is the optimal strategy for getting off the waitlist? Any advice would be sincerely appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
I was also set in the waitlist on 26/03. Applied on 15/01 and heard back until this date.

My stats: M/ 710/ Mex/ 5.5 of WE in corp. finance
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools:NYU Stern '12
WE 1: Business Development
WE 2: Superhero- shhhhhh
Send PM
I got mine less than a week after the online admit notification, and I live in southern California. I loved the pace at which my Stern process went- I interviewed on the 3rd, admit notice on the 10th and received my packet on the 15th. I did not receive any scholarship money, but they make it clear that R1 applicants have the priority for money.

cenbj wrote:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Can anyone shed some insight for me.. I applied RD 2 and have no heard anything as of yet.. no denial or interview.. With less than 1 week to go till the official notification date what does this mean?? Is it possible that there was a problem with my application? Anyone else in a similar situation???
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools:NYU Stern '12
WE 1: Business Development
WE 2: Superhero- shhhhhh
Send PM
I am under the impression that the Stern waitlist lasts till August. While this may seem like a bad thing, I suggest using it as an opportunity to improve your candidacy. If it were me, I would go over my application, find what makes you borderline, and do what you can to improve. Personally, my grades werent spectacular, so I made plans to take some business quant classes at UCLA extension if I was waitlisted. If your ECs arent great, find something that will help. I know that you wont be able to show a profound commitment to it in such a short period of time, but it provides an opportunity to show how interested you are in the school. I am no expert, but this was my backup plan had i been placed in purgatory.
Good luck!

gkumar wrote:

To everyone: What is the optimal strategy for getting off the waitlist? Any advice would be sincerely appreciated.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
I just want to clarify that as far as Stern Admissions is concerned, the notification date is not the latest date for you to receive a final admissions decision.

All that Stern Admissions promises applicants is that it will inform them of an invitation to interview, a waitlist offer, or a denial of admission by the notification date. Interview invites will and do sometimes go out until the notification date.

I know the waiting game sucks and that this is an incredibly stressful period for most of you, but that's just how the process works here unfortunately. Hang in there!

mrdoodle wrote:
Can anyone shed some insight for me.. I applied RD 2 and have no heard anything as of yet.. no denial or interview.. With less than 1 week to go till the official notification date what does this mean?? Is it possible that there was a problem with my application? Anyone else in a similar situation???
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The letter says they evaluate from spring to august. I'm on an H-1B visa nd would need to convert to an F-1 visa (which can take a couple of months) before I could go to bschool so a decision post july is as good as a ding for me.

Does anyone know ppl who were in a similar situation and were interviewed off the waitlist sooner than august?

I am planning on sending an update essay/letter in the next couple of weeks to address areas that might have been a concern.

One of my obvious weaknesses was my quant GMAT score (67 percentile). Do people think i should take the test again (3rd time)? I wrote about this in the op essay/essay 4..without making excuses. I had stated that my score does not reflect my ability and i then highlighed my transcript (never got less than an A- in any quant related class and the majority of my classes were quant..took classes in 3 different countries too). Also, Ive worked in I-banking/corp fin for 2 years and in my current role, i develop financial models to help clients analyze different types of transactions/forecasting analysis. The very nature of my almost 5 years of work ex has been quantitative and analytical in nature.

Since the GMAT is evaluated as a measure of how ull perform in the core classes (subjects that I have aced throughout college)..I feel the support that I have provided is sufficient..thus, I feel that my time would prob be better spend pursuing meaningful extrcurric and highlighting accomplishments at work rather than taking the GMAT a third time. I thought about taking the MBAMath course but the material was very basic and i feel that would also be a waste of time.

Would really appreciate it if anyone can provide feedback. Also, has anyone used an admissions consultant to get waitlist feedback and if so, is there anyone that was particularly helpful?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  42   43   44   45   46   47   48  ...  54