Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:06 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:HBS, MIT, Kellogg, Chicago, Wharton, Yale
GPA: 3.7
WE 1: IB
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:SOM Round 2 (interview); Hass Round 2 (interview); GSB
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [1]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
Congrats to all the admits! :woohoo :wave :circle :band :beer
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
 Q42  V49
Send PM
looks like the calls have died down for now. congrats to the admits.

for the rest of us - lets hope they still have some calls to make tomorrow / day after.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
 Q44  V50
Send PM
fugo wrote:

for the rest of us - lets hope they still have some calls to make tomorrow / day after.

Don't get too nervous (although that is pretty much impossible). Good luck to you and everyone else still waiting! :-D
Current Student
Schools:Johnson, Cornell
Send PM
nink wrote:
fugo wrote:

Don't get too nervous (although that is pretty much impossible). Good luck to you and everyone else still waiting! :-D

nink,

Out of experience, do you know if YSOM ever give $$$ with the admit call?
I have read the few posts before (thanks mbasc2010!), but I'm not sure what to make of it since the 1st post (Roll Call) doesn't show anyone with $.

Thanks for any insight you may have.
Intern
Intern
Schools:R2 Yale (Waitlist w/ Int), R3 Darden (Int), R3 LBS(Int)
 Q44  V42
Send PM
Just out of curiousity, is there anyone who was accepted just now who isn't in the US? I am in India and wondering if the late hour here might be the reason I haven't heard. Thanks!
ounce wrote:
Is everyone who reported admission located in US? I'm in Western Canada, still anxiously waiting my phone call, if any :)
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [1]
 Q44  V50
Send PM
Kudos
emickho wrote:
nink,

Out of experience, do you know if YSOM ever give $$$ with the admit call?
I have read the few posts before (thanks mbasc2010!), but I'm not sure what to make of it since the 1st post (Roll Call) doesn't show anyone with $.

Thanks for any insight you may have.

I was told about my scholarships during my admit call. Others reported the same last year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Have all the calls come and gone?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General
Schools:Harvard, Stanford, Tuck, Yale
 Q47  V47
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Congrats to all who got in! Here's hoping that they have some more calls to make over the next couple of days.

Nink, thanks for the continued encouragement!
Intern
Intern
Schools:Duke R1 (Admitted w/$$), Yale SOM - R2 (Admitted), HBS - R2 (Ding), Berkeley Haas - R3 (WL)
GPA: 3.95
Send PM
Did anyone who was accepted get scholarship money?
Intern
Intern
Schools:Booth, Kellogg, Sloan, Yale SOM
GPA: 3.1
WE 1: 5 years Government
Send PM
so PUMPED! Got the call earlier today, around 12:30 EST... I'm in! Congrats to everyone else who got the good news today and good luck to everyone who's still waiting. This whole process has been so stressful, but kudos to everyone who has contributed to the forum and somehow made it manageable for me.
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Own Kudos [?]: 249 [1]
Given Kudos: 113
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2012
 Q48  V51
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Send PM
Kudos
congrats to all the recently accepted students! in accordance with GMATClub customs, i have started a "YSOM admit" thread in the business school life subforum:

admitted-to-yale-som-class-of-2012-thread-92063.html

feel free to post there about any plans for meetups, housing, orientation, etc. etc.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Yale, Michigan, Cornell $$, Duke
 Q45  V46
Send PM
Kudos
Congratulations to all the admits! Looking forward to meeting some of you at Bulldog Days and next year. There are already approximately 80 people from Round 1 in the facebook Class of 2012 group and a couple of messages per day in the Google group, so those can be other sources of information for you as you make your choice and prepare for life at Yale.

For all of you still waiting, the calls haven't stopped until you receive the email to check your status. Many more admits to go.
Intern
Intern
Schools:Kellogg
Send PM
mbasc2010 wrote:
trendsetter - i have the exact same problem as you: no money at Yale, but $$ at Kellogg. Honestly for me, it's a no brainer. $$ is a big factor. Also, although my interest is in social enterprise and Yale is #1 for it, Kellogg has a really great program too, so I think I'll still be able to accomplish what I want there. Gluck with your decision!

Ok, interesting that our results are similar. You should send me PM (how was your Kellogg scholarship?) and we get build our world domination plan including building a stronger social enterprise club within Kellogg. I am also a bit curious to know what would change your choice of Kellogg over Yale.

Any thoughts from current Yale students or 100% part of the class of 2012 on our viewpoint of preferring Kellogg over Yale...
---

Also my last name starts with O and I am not in the US.
Intern
Intern
 Q44  V42
Send PM
trendsetter wrote:
mbasc2010 wrote:
trendsetter - i have the exact same problem as you: no money at Yale, but $$ at Kellogg. Honestly for me, it's a no brainer. $$ is a big factor. Also, although my interest is in social enterprise and Yale is #1 for it, Kellogg has a really great program too, so I think I'll still be able to accomplish what I want there. Gluck with your decision!

Ok, interesting that our results are similar. You should send me PM (how was your Kellogg scholarship?) and we get build our world domination plan including building a stronger social enterprise club within Kellogg. I am also a bit curious to know what would change your choice of Kellogg over Yale.

Any thoughts from current Yale students or 100% part of the class of 2012 on our viewpoint of preferring Kellogg over Yale...
---

trendsetter - just out of curiousity where are you located? I am located in India and it was pretty late 11 pm when they gave everyone the calls. I'm wondering if that was a factor.
Intern
Intern
Schools:Kellogg
Send PM
mbasearching wrote:
trendsetter wrote:
mbasc2010 wrote:

---

trendsetter - just out of curiousity where are you located? I am located in India and it was pretty late 11 pm when they gave everyone the calls. I'm wondering if that was a factor.

I am located quite far away and I did not get a call - so I would not expect time zone difference to be a reason for not getting a response.

The text was simple...

"I am sorry I wasn’t able to deliver the news over the phone, but am pleased to write and let you know that you’ve been admitted to the Yale SOM class of 2012! "
Intern
Intern
 Q44  V42
Send PM
trendsetter - just out of curiousity where are you located? I am located in India and it was pretty late 11 pm when they gave everyone the calls. I'm wondering if that was a factor.[/quote]

I am located quite far away and I did not get a call - so I would not expect time zone difference to be a reason for not getting a response.

The text was simple...

"I am sorry I wasn’t able to deliver the news over the phone, but am pleased to write and let you know that you’ve been admitted to the Yale SOM class of 2012! "[/quote]

Oh that is a bit depressing! For me I mean :-) I interviewed at the beginning of February... I am wondering if they will give out any more admits on the 2nd. I mean, it's 3 days before the decision date, so you'd assume they have already figured out who all they're taking. Any thoughts from anyone?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
mbasearching - ditto. I think it's better that schools release all decisions on one day only...in any case, has the boat left?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43  ...  46