Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:24 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Own Kudos [?]: 249 [0]
Given Kudos: 113
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2012
 Q48  V51
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: GM / Strategy
Schools:Yale SOM '12
Send PM
Director
Director
 Q48  V51
Send PM
Re: Admitted to Yale SOM Class of 2012 Thread [#permalink]
adude wrote:
Hey guys. I'm planning to go to Bulldog Days - I wasn't able to attend the Winter Welcome last month. I'm also definitely going to attend Yale SOM. Anyone start looking into housing yet? I lived in Hamden for a year (it's a small town on the north side of New Haven), and I'm probably going to either go back there or try to get an apartment in Branford. I lived close enough to New Haven for long enough to know that it's not really my thing.

i've only been to new haven briefly (during a visit to the school, and in passing a few times when i've gone to CT). what's wrong with it in your view?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
Oh wow.....first EVER admitted student thread for YSOM at GMATCLUB. (at least to my knowledge...)

No...... these are not tears in my eyes.....
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
kmj2012 wrote:
I'll be at the welcome weekend (bulldog days). I've already decided that I am definitely going to Yale. Anyone else decided yet?

adude wrote:
I'm also definitely going to attend Yale SOM.

Did someone mention to you that you are a very .... very ..... wise person? :wink:

No....it has nothing to do with the fact that you chose to attend YSOM this fall.....nothing to do with that at all......

Also, there's info session kinda thing scheduled during the admitted student weekend for housing options around downtown New Haven. Don't worry about anything. You guys will get plenty of info on pretty much anything that's on your mind.

Also, personally I recommend every new student to look for a place near the campus. I would say it would be ideal for one to live within 15 minute walking distance from the campus. Not every current student is doing this but I personally know few that suffered greatly because they lived a bit far out. There are many nights of happy hours and other social activities, group meetings, networking events, etc and it helps a lot when you can just walk few blocks home late at night (especially when it's way past midnight and you are intoxicated). Also, it is so much easier to live by the campus when there's blizzard and etc.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Yale, Michigan, Cornell $$, Duke
 Q45  V46
Send PM
shadowsjc wrote:
Didn't see one posted yet, and with so many new people getting admits this week, hopefully this thread can grow.

Is everyone planning on going to the Bulldog days later this month?

Matriculating @ Yale SOM - Class of 2012
Fantastic (3)

orgninja
kmj2012
adude

Class of 2012, Legend in the Making......

Come on shadowsjc when are you going to make it shadowsjc?

I will be attending Bulldog Days.... Glad the registration and itinerary is finally up today! Also, in addition to this thread, there are also robust Google and Facebook groups.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
I'm admitted and will be attending Bulldog Days. It will be my first time on campus, so really looking forward to it.

ALTHOUGH, I am kind of annoyed it was scheduled on the same weekend as UVA's Foxfields event.
Current Student
Send PM
shadowsjc wrote:

i've only been to new haven briefly (during a visit to the school, and in passing a few times when i've gone to CT). what's wrong with it in your view?

There's nothing wrong with New Haven, some people really like it. I think most of the areas in New Haven that are recommended on the Yale admitted student website would be great if you don't mind living in an urban environment. Nink makes some good points about the benefits of being close to campus, but since I'm married if I regularly come home late at night intoxicated... I might not be for long :)

Originally posted by adude on 31 Mar 2010, 04:12.
Last edited by adude on 31 Mar 2010, 07:01, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
For those of you admitted in R2, did you get the "Official Status Email"? When I got my call the admissions officer said I would get the email yesterday afternoon, as does his follow up email, but I haven't received anything and my status has not changed when I sign in.

Not a big deal, but I am curious, as I am dying to check out the admitted students page, etc.!

Also, I have another school with a deposit deadline tomorrow, so it would be helpful to have as much info as possible asap!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes. I was going to ask the same thing. I was suppose to get the official email and status update online yesterday, but didn't get it. I am waiting for it because I don't want to announce it to my company until I get the official thing. Anyone else?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hopefully I will be able to attend bulldog days. However, I have already decided that I will be attending SOM in the fall. Has anyone looked at the new building going up at 360 State Street (State and Chapel). It is more expensive than most other housing options, but it also looks great. Let me know if you would be interested in sharing a two bedroom in the building...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys, where can I find information on Bull Dog days? Is it one day or the entire weekend? I just need to plan ahead for my schedule. Thanks!
Director
Director
 Q48  V51
Send PM
journey wrote:
Hi guys, where can I find information on Bull Dog days? Is it one day or the entire weekend? I just need to plan ahead for my schedule. Thanks!

Once you get the login for the YSOM portal, you'll be able to go to the Bulldog Days page. The event starts Fri April 23rd with an optional Financial Aid workshop at 10 AM. The official registration is 11 AM. There are various events scheduled for that Friday, with some being optional. The events continue Saturday April 24th, and the official end of the event is Saturday at 5:30 PM.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
I will be attending Yale in the fall. I was a R1 admit and attended Winter Welcome, so will probably pass on Bulldog Days (the information is redundant). I am probably going to look into living around East Rock, seems to be where most SOM students live.
Current Student
Send PM
Did any R1 admits get a notification from Yale that they passed the background check? I got an email from Kroll that said they successfully verified my application and submitted the results, but I've heard nothing from Yale.
Director
Director
 Q48  V51
Send PM
orgninja wrote:

I will be attending Bulldog Days.... Glad the registration and itinerary is finally up today! Also, in addition to this thread, there are also robust Google and Facebook groups.

patience my young grasshopper.

also, can you post the links to the fbook / google groups?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
shadowsjc wrote:
orgninja wrote:

patience my young grasshopper.

also, can you post the links to the fbook / google groups?

The Facebook group is called - Yale School of Management Class of 2012 (I think you may have to request to join)

The google group is called - Yale SOM Class of 2012 and the site is https://groups.google.com/group/yale-som-class-of-2012

Hope this helps.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools:Yale
 Q48  V40
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Thanks for setting up this thread. As others have mentioned, its nice to have various channels in which to communicate.

I'm a Round 1 admit and will be matriculating at Yale. Still on the fence about Bulldog Days...I went to Winter Welcome and not sure if the club fair and career seminar is worth it (most of the other information will be repeated I think).

Looking forward to meeting everyone soon!

Also, from what I've seen, I have not heard of anyone getting any scholarships at Yale yet...anyone can speak to the contrary? Are they waiting for Rd 2 decisions to be completed?
Current Student
Send PM
Hey Nink, Yale is sort of a mecca for football fans. Can you walk to the Yale Bowl from campus? Do grad students sit in a student section with undergrads, or would we get general assigned seating? Thanks.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2