Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:53 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Energy, Analytical Finance, Strategy
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
WE 1: Energy Risk Consulting
WE 2: Commodities Finance
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink]
CaliforniaBear - what you said makes all sense. I have been debating with myself about MBA programs for years that is why i am no longer a young applicant. Financially, out of school, i dont think i will make my current salary. I live in bay area, so I will not leave california since it will cost me less down here even other schools may have better ratings. Not everyone from top 1 school can do well, that is my belief. so, case by case. you have to analyze your situation first.
Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Does anyone knows anything about scholarship? i dont recall i applied for any. Do i have to apply to be considered with scholarship?
Any info is appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
Schools:Wharton (ding), Kellogg (WL -ding), CBS (ding w/ int), Yale (int invite - ding), Anderson (in), Booth (int invite - ding)
 Q47  V41
Send PM
GoBruins, alws, unhedged,
Thanks for the support! You guys rock. Can't wait to check out A-days!
Intern
Intern
Schools:USC, Columbia, NYU, UCLA, Stanford
Send PM
Congrats to all of the admits!

Re: stats on waitlisters, the closest that I have come to any kind illustration of odds is the Business Week profile...https://www.businessweek.com/bschools/ra ... /ucla.html
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
I'm in as well...best of luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Schools:Anderson, Ross, McCombs, Emory, Olin
Send PM
Kudos
Got the call......after being waitlisted in round 1

Indian Male based in Delhi /25/ Semiconductors/740

To all the waitlisted candidates- Hang in there. There's light at the end of tunnel and its magestic.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: marketing
Schools:Anderson, Marshall
GMAT 2: 650 GMAT 3: 700
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
swank6 wrote:
5 dings here and probably another one from Marshall tomorrow (no interview)... so I'm completely invested in converting this into an admit. The biggest weakness on my app from the start has been my quant - 76%ile on my quant GMAT, and no math classes in undergrad. I've scheduled a GMAT already with a goal to get my math in the 90s. I don't have time to finish a Calculus class before this round, but I'm going to start one and let them know about it. Not sure what else I can do.

i got 76th %ile on my Gmat, (700 overall) and was like you in the no math in college, but if you've received that many dings, and no interview invite from Marshall, that seems to me like you might want to take another look at your essays/career direction. I interviewed last year with Marshall with a 650 and 62nd %ile quant (ultimately WL'd and rejected to both Marshall & Anderson). I'd encourage you to look for a very specific direction you'd like to take your career. If you don't have one, perhaps another year working is good? if you do, perhaps there's a better way to express the direction you're moving?

Never forget that there's no shame in reapplying (I did and got in this year!) and if you work hard and apply yourself, you can do it!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
 Q48  V44
GPA: 4.0
WE 1: High Tech Product Development
WE 2: Technical Consulting
WE 3: Nonprofit Leadership / Board Development
Send PM
I didn't get a call so far but AY says I've been accepted. Anyone else in this position? Also no news of scholarships ...
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:R1: Stanford, Booth, Stern; R2: Columbia, Anderson, McCombs, Marshall
 Q45  V45
GPA: 3.68
WE 1: 4 years, corporate event planning
Send PM
I'm a little surprised at the no interview from Marshall, since I did get interviews from both Stern and Anderson. I don't think that has to do with my quant score - I'm more looking at weaknesses in my Anderson app when I point to that. Right now, I'm focusing on ways to make it in for this year, and since I can't do anything in terms of experience, activities, or essays, it's really just my test score that I can improve.

But absolutely... I agree that my essays and other parts of the app obviously need another look. If it comes down to re-applying next year, that's a whole new ballgame for me, and I'll make a lot more adjustments.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Ding w/o interview here.

Congrats to all the admits and goodluck to the waitlisters.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Schools:UCLA- Accepted, Northwestern- Waitlisted, UChicago- Denied w/ interview, Harvard, most likely Denied
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
I also got a call around 11am CST. Very nice. I asked about scholarships and she said some more may become available in the following months and they would notify you, everyone is in the pool by applying. (Probably a nice way of saying, "you didn't get a Fellowship on your Admit, but a small chance some small ad-hoc scholarship may come up"). Congrats to everyone and see you at A-Days. Man, tickets to fly to LA are expensive. I booked.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
So, there is no application to file and everyone is automatically in the process?

chicagogirl888 wrote:
I also got a call around 11am CST. Very nice. I asked about scholarships and she said some more may become available in the following months and they would notify you, everyone is in the pool by applying. (Probably a nice way of saying, "you didn't get a Fellowship on your Admit, but a small chance some small ad-hoc scholarship may come up"). Congrats to everyone and see you at A-Days. Man, tickets to fly to LA are expensive. I booked.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
The business week article is pretty helpful I suppose. 20% admit rate of waitlist people last year but it differs every year so I would take the number with a grain of salt.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Schools:Chicago, Yale, UCLA, Duke (Withdrawn), Stanford, Berkeley
Send PM
Got the email.. I'm in!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:UCLA Anderson '12
 Q42  V40 GMAT 2: 740  Q49  V41
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Yes. I didn't apply for anything separately and received a fellowship notice about 6 hours after my admittance email. Chances are, if you are getting some $$, you'll hear today.

bakerbeach wrote:
So, there is no application to file and everyone is automatically in the process?

chicagogirl888 wrote:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:UCLA Anderson '12
 Q42  V40 GMAT 2: 740  Q49  V41
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
swank6 - I have to second the other member's thought on your GMAT. Your score is killer and the quant isn't bad at all. It's definitely not the reason you didn't make it in.

IMHO, your time is better spent researching how to beat this thing through your application essays. As many many MBA's will tell you about applying...it's just a game. I believe it now b/c nobody asks a single thing about your application once you're admitted.

I reapplied this year and got in with the help of a consultant. It's not absolutely critical to hire one, but he sure helped me develop a good hook that flowed well with my original application essays. Was what I wrote my absolute intention upon starting school? Not exactly but you would be hard pressed to find ANYONE who does exactly what they write about. Just remember that when you reapply, every point made in your essay needs to hit on the question, what have you done lately that makes you better FOR UCLA?? It's not, what do you want to do with your life or what makes you a better "fit" for the school.

Good luck!

swank6 wrote:
I'm a little surprised at the no interview from Marshall, since I did get interviews from both Stern and Anderson. I don't think that has to do with my quant score - I'm more looking at weaknesses in my Anderson app when I point to that. Right now, I'm focusing on ways to make it in for this year, and since I can't do anything in terms of experience, activities, or essays, it's really just my test score that I can improve.

But absolutely... I agree that my essays and other parts of the app obviously need another look. If it comes down to re-applying next year, that's a whole new ballgame for me, and I'll make a lot more adjustments.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Tech Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Booth, Anderson, Haas, Johnson
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Quick question to all the accepted applicants.

have any of you not visited the campus and not have made direct connections with the adcom at anderson.

I m trying to understand if it is mandatory to visit or initiate direct conversation with adcom apart from talking to students, alum etc
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31  ...  35