Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:31 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: MSc Accounting
Schools:Stockholm School of Economics
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q50  V35
WE 1: 5- hr
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q50  V35
WE 1: 5- hr
Send PM
Re: SDA Bocconi 2010 [#permalink]
juvi999 wrote:
From the American point of view, it is compressed. But from the European point of view, American MBAs are over extended. So it depends how you look at it. Most European MBA programs are 10-18 months. I know IESE and LBS are the exceptions but I cannot think of any other. I don't mind the program being intense because I personally don't want to be off the job market for two years. The tuition itself is a huge investment, plus the living costs for two years... ouch! So it definitely comes down to a personal choice.

Thanks for the advice. I actually received the interview invitation with the alumnus in my country/state just a few days ago. I guess that they are not in a hurry! :).

Glad to hear good news on your side- wish you luck..
Current Student
Send PM
Has anyone been accepted at SDA Bocconi for 2010?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
juvi999 wrote:

Hey,

I have an interview scheduled with Bocconi for the 2010 intake. Could you please share your interview experience? Have you got the admit?

Gouri
Current Student
Send PM
gouribhalerao wrote:
juvi999 wrote:

Hey,

I have an interview scheduled with Bocconi for the 2010 intake. Could you please share your interview experience? Have you got the admit?

Gouri

I had an interview with the alumnus in my area. After planning a couple of time, we were not able to meet after all, so we decided to use Skype. The conversation was pretty simple. I was not even sure whether he read my application because some questions were exactly like the ones on the application like my strengths or my hobbies. My interview was pretty casual and it lasted about 30 minutes.

I received an email that I was admitted 3 weeks later. Good luck!

Could you share your profile?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
juvi999 wrote:
I had an interview with the alumnus in my area. After planning a couple of time, we were not able to meet after all, so we decided to use Skype. The conversation was pretty simple. I was not even sure whether he read my application because some questions were exactly like the ones on the application like my strengths or my hobbies. My interview was pretty casual and it lasted about 30 minutes.

Hi,
Thats great. Congratulations! I have 3 years experience and my GMAT score is 650.
Could you please share your profile as well? Are you planning to join SDAB?
Current Student
Send PM
gouribhalerao wrote:
juvi999 wrote:

Hi,
Thats great. Congratulations! I have 3 years experience and my GMAT score is 650.
Could you please share your profile as well? Are you planning to join SDAB?

I shared it before but I can repeat myself. I am 28/female/Eastern Europe. 3.75 GPA from the lower tier American college with a bachelor in accounting. 2.5 years of experience in public accountancy + 3 years in restaurant management (full time) while in school. 700 GMAT.

I was admitted a month ago but I told them that I cannot commit until I hear from the scholarship committee. I cannot afford to pay a full tuition myself. I was told that I might lose my seat by the time I hear from the committee but there is nothing else I can do. So I have been waiting. Let me know how it goes. It does not seem that many admits to SDA Bocconi are posting here. So I am glad to meet you :-D
Current Student
Send PM
I created a Facebook group for those who are applying or who are already admitted to the full-time MBA program at SDA Bocconi starting in 2010.

https://www.facebook.com/search/?init=sr ... 3419311170
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
hello everyone I got an interview invite from Bocconi for the 2010 intake. It is scheduled for next week. And I chose to do it with an alumnus. So would you please tell me what to be careful about and what type of questions are asked? Is is a disadvantage to do it in my home country rather than go to Italy to prove my interest in the programme?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [0]
Given Kudos: 18867
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Bocconi Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our Bocconi Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated Bocconi Forum for all fresh things related to the Bocconi MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts