Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:15 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Yale, Cornell.
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Schools:Kellog(R3),Olin (R3),Owen (R4),Tepper(R3),Johnson (R4)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Yale, Cornell.
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink]
GrantChap wrote:
MBAapp81 wrote:
Just received R4 interview invite. Went under review 4/1.

Is that for an on-campus interview? Also, considering mine went under review the day before yours, does that indicate a ding for me?

I called to schedule but left a voicemail, so I'm not sure, but I suspect it'll be on-campus. And no, I think all b-schools are pretty adamant about the invite process being somewhat random, so I don't think the timing of the invite has any bearing. That being said, I do think most will go out over the next 2 weeks. M 28/ 3 years derivatives trading WE/GMAT 730 (stronger verbal)/ Undergrad GPA 3.1, Law School 3.45.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Are there any R3 applicants who still haven't received a decision of any kind?

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I was waitlisted in R3 and haven't heard anything officially from the school. I logged into my account to find the WL letter. I returned the form immediately and a couple days latter emailed to ask about when I should expect to receive the tips for strengthening my application. I was told a general email will go out late in the month.

Anyone know what Cornell's policy is for submitting additional materials so we can start to prepare?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
KSmith wrote:
I was waitlisted in R3 and haven't heard anything officially from the school. I logged into my account to find the WL letter. I returned the form immediately and a couple days latter emailed to ask about when I should expect to receive the tips for strengthening my application. I was told a general email will go out late in the month.

Anyone know what Cornell's policy is for submitting additional materials so we can start to prepare?

You can either email your additional materials to your app manager or fax them to the number provided in the waitlist letter.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My anxious waiting finally paid off. Just got an email from Cornell saying that I am awarded a $20,000 scholarship with $5000 for each semester. This is indeed the week that they announce scholarship for round 3. Hope more admits hear good news from them.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jg268 wrote:
My anxious waiting finally paid off. Just got an email from Cornell saying that I am awarded a $20,000 scholarship with $5000 for each semester. This is indeed the week that they announce scholarship for round 3. Hope more admits hear good news from them.

Congrats!! I just got the scholarship email as well, but no money for me, they were very polite about it....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dunchess wrote:
jg268 wrote:

Congrats!! I just got the scholarship email as well, but no money for me, they were very polite about it....

I am sorry to hear that. So have you decided where to go?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate
Schools:Johnson, Kenan-Flagler, McDonough
Send PM
Dunchess wrote:
jg268 wrote:

jg268 - I got the email too and no money for me either. They did put me on the waitlist for scholarship. Are you on there too? I'm trying to determine if everyone who did not received a scholarship gets lumped into the waitlist.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbm25 wrote:
Dunchess wrote:
jg268 wrote:

jg268 - I got the email too and no money for me either. They did put me on the waitlist for scholarship. Are you on there too? I'm trying to determine if everyone who did not received a scholarship gets lumped into the waitlist.

I think Dunchess could answer your question.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbm25 wrote:
Dunchess wrote:
jg268 wrote:

We already PM'd mbm but for those who have the same question, no waitlist for me. So if you are on the scholarship waitlist start talking the scholarship recipients into some different programs!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Any other round 4 applicants receive an invitation to interview?
Current Student
Send PM
kekmurph wrote:

None here. Negative thoughts creaping in.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
GrantChap wrote:
kekmurph wrote:

Ditto
Current Student
Send PM
kekmurph wrote:
GrantChap wrote:
kekmurph wrote:

Ditto

Talk about a coincidence. I just got an email inviting me for an interview. Good luck to the others, but also dont stress as I think, as stated prior, the Johnson invites are very random.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Grats! i think you are the #2 get interview invitation in r4 on this forum. are you able to schedule a local interview or you are heading to campus?
Current Student
Send PM
superdkny wrote:
Grats! i think you are the #2 get interview invitation in r4 on this forum. are you able to schedule a local interview or you are heading to campus?

They allowed me to schedule a phone interview with no questions asked. She also stated that a phone interview does not negatively impact your application.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Corp Fin
Schools:Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
 Q44  V42 GMAT 2: 710  Q47  V40
GPA: 1.87
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Send PM
GrantChap wrote:
They allowed me to schedule a phone interview with no questions asked. She also stated that a phone interview does not negatively impact your application.

That is true provided you don't live within a driving distance. If you do and have never visited the campus, I can almost guarantee you that it will adversely impact one's candidacy. This is true for most schools, but especially for the Cornell types, which try to manage their yield as much as possible.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  58   59   60   61   62   63   64  ...  72