Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:38 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management, Corporate Strategy & Marketing
Schools:ESADE
GMAT 2: 680  Q47  V36
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, International Business, Strategy
Schools:HEC Paris
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management, Corporate Strategy & Marketing
Schools:ESADE
GMAT 2: 680  Q47  V36
Send PM
Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink]
EggWhitesOnly wrote:

Samd, you are too kind :wink:. I believe most of the candidates from India interviewed in person in their local city. (There are quite a few alumni there.) So hopefully, you won't have to travel too far for an interview. And I think the total # of participants for the September intakes is more like 155. There are more admitted than attend (yield rate of about 65%), so don't let the numbers scare you. I wish you luck!

Thanks EWO!! Not bewildered by numbers.. not at all!!
Read the PagalGuy thread too.. boy you have some temperament :pc

One question: How does a previous managerial experience matter? I have 0 years :ouch but, in professional life I've shown leadership traits on many occasions .. :panel and have been a good :circle team member..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EWO:

tks a lot! it's pretty insightful. Why not to directly ask for long-term goal like other schools(kidding:-) I heard Sept Intake doesn't have such question in application.

Btw, I found hec almost invites any applicant in personal interview according to the data published on BusinessWeek, so pre-selected interview's not that "selected" I think. 2 cents just.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy Consulting
Schools:HEC Paris, , Tepper
Send PM
Hi,

My apologies if this comes out as a basic question about HEC Paris. But I'd like to know if the school considers the brand management its strong area. Many top schools such as HEC Paris usually have a 'scheme' i.e. what each school is known for, and I'd like to make sure I know the one for HEC Paris.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, International Business, General Mamangement
Schools:HEC (Admitted), LBS (Waitlist), IE(Admitted)
Send PM
Trentohawk wrote:
Hey,buddies. Congs to all of you accepted.

But please help to relax my doubts on the following essay:

"Why are you applying to the HEC MBA Program now? What is the professional objective that will guide your career choice after your MBA, and how will the HEC MBA contribute to the achievement of this objective? "

How to understand "What is the professional objective that will guide your career choice after your MBA" after another question about short-term career goal?

Tks a lot!

Hi Trentohawk,

This question "What is the professional objective that will guide your career choice after your MBA" is pretty straight-forward, until you read the next question about the short-term goals :). I felt the same when I read them for the first time and it took some effort in deciding where to draw the line so that I can answer both questions to the point. Basically, "professional objective" is what you want to achieve professionally and short-term and long-term goals are kind of a phased approach of how you will achieve it. Enough of this bookish explanation, let's take a simple example. If you want to change an industry after MBA (and yes you have to give very strong reasons as to why) OR if you want to move to a different function (again reasons) then you can talk about it as a professional objective that will drive your career choice after MBA. Your short-term goals would be a deeper explanation on how you plan to achieve or master that professional objective - in this context, company, target job role, etc.

This is my understanding of the question and should be taken as a guideline :)

~SoccerTint
Intern
Intern
Send PM
TKS A LOT,SOCCER:
IT makes more sense on the difference between objective and goals.

Btw, what do u consider of HEC influence on consulting circle either worldwide or very regional?

tks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi folks, I got an interview offer!I m a 31yo,entrepreneur in e.europe.I Intend to work in private equity after grad. I m a CFA level 3 candidate and a FRM.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everybody!!

I was thinking that perhaps you can help me with the following query, since all of you have ben so useful during this long process. I applied in R2 and I got and admit time ago, but today I have received a mail from the HEC to schedule a personal interview with the Developement Manager for North America. She told me:

Hello,
Your profile is of great interest to us and I would like to offer you the opportunity to discuss your project in person.
I am looking forward to meeting you soon.

[/i]

Does anybody received a email like that??she also proposed me some dates that I definitely Cannot attend, so I was thinking what do you think of proposing a phone call o meeting them in Paris a little bite latter?

Thank you very much for you help.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Pimientaysal,

Are you sure it is not a "commercial" email ? I was contacted in the same way by Rick Doyle the development manager for asia ( means their program selling person) before I applied.

She certainly took your your name out of of list like the one available at the GMAC and saw you were a fit but didnt know/check you already applied.

If you are already in they have no discuss with you further before the beginning of the program, I would be you I would politely send back a mail telling you are already accepted and that maybe a meeting in september would be still ok.

Jiang
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JiangNan wrote:
Hi Pimientaysal,

Are you sure it is not a "commercial" email ? I was contacted in the same way by Rick Doyle the development manager for asia ( means their program selling person) before I applied.

She certainly took your your name out of of list like the one available at the GMAC and saw you were a fit but didnt know/check you already applied.

If you are already in they have no discuss with you further before the beginning of the program, I would be you I would politely send back a mail telling you are already accepted and that maybe a meeting in september would be still ok.

Jiang

Thank you for your answer JiangNan,

I did not think about that, but I do not think so. If I reply to the email, it goes to the person who evaluated my profile at the beginning of the process and the email that I received it is in the same way as a meeting invitation sent by outlook to confirm the appointment.

Again, thank you for your help
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Corporate Strategy, International Business
Schools:LBS (WL); HEC
 Q42  V42
WE 1: 11 years - legal consulting (M&A, Project Finance, Energy, Oil & Gas)
Send PM
Hello HEC applicants! Tomorrow is the admission jury. I hope the admission team keeps up with the good work and notify us about their decision tomorrow, like they did in the previous rounds.

I am alternating periods of confidence with periods of complete lack of hope... :roll: It would be nice to hear from you guys and share our experiences.

I wish we all the best of luck! :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@Brgal--Waiting on the jury decision tomorrow, as well! :shock:

Hope everyone hears good news tomorrow!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:INSEAD, HEC Paris
 Q48  V46
Send PM
Same here.
So does HEC release their results on the day of the jury?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Brgal wrote:
Hello HEC applicants! Tomorrow is the admission jury. I hope the admission team keeps up with the good work and notify us about their decision tomorrow, like they did in the previous rounds.

I am alternating periods of confidence with periods of complete lack of hope... :roll: It would be nice to hear from you guys and share our experiences.

same with me: alternating periods of confidence with periods of complete lack of hope..
let's hope we all hear of the good news today...

by the way: Brgal--how did you know that the admissions jury is today? (if it is not a secret of course) I had my interviews on April 2nd and I thought that by now they should already have a final decision on my application...I believe previous years they always had final decisions within a couple of days after the interviews...
Intern
Intern
 Q42  V42
Send PM
prasetogosho wrote:
Brgal wrote:

same with me: alternating periods of confidence with periods of complete lack of hope..

by the way: Brgal--how did you know that the admissions jury is today? (if it is not a secret of course) I had my interviews on April 2nd and I thought that by now they should already have a final decision on my application...I believe previous years they always had final decisions within a couple of days after the interviews...

Prasetogosho - I know the jury is today because I got an email from a member of the admission team telling me so! :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Brgal wrote:
prasetogosho wrote:
Brgal wrote:

Prasetogosho - I know the jury is today because I got an email from a member of the admission team telling me so! :-D

:roll: :lol: didn't that jury member say by any chance if they will mail out the results today? :lol:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
yeeeeeeiii...just got accepted :lol:
good luck to all
Intern
Intern
 Q42  V42
Send PM
Moi aussi!!! Iupiiiii!! :-D
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  20   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts