Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:23 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General
Schools:HBS
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3594 [2]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3594 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Re: Please advice best institute for GMAT prep in Hyderabad [#permalink]
I do agree if you can study on your own, buy Manhattan Gmat books and build your basic quant & verbal concepts.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [2]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: XLRI (A)
GPA: 2.83
Send PM
Kudos
Hyderabad Study Group Meet Up

Hi all,
How wud the idea of we all meeting up at a Venue on May 1st be, which happens to be a Saturday....May be 3.30pm or 4pm.....and for the benefit of all, lets take a Poll till 24th and freeze this by 26th.....
I would suggest a calm and serene place like if you have heard of Kshetra Restaurant...near Khairatabad...or any other such place....
Idea
A simple meet up, networking, at the max spend on Coffee (10-15 Rs, each one buys his/hers) and spend quality time in discussion...
Itenary
1) Introduction, get to know each other ...15 Minutes
2) Knowledge sharing: Each person's inputs on where he stands w.r.t the beast (GMAT), and whats his strategy, did he/she join any coaching institute, blah blah...30 minutes
3) Try to identify and create a buddy system, based on Exam dates, current status of preparation, and vicinity from each other....15 minutes
4) Specific FAQs....like when is the R1 cut-offs, which college is gud for 1 year programs..etc....Noone is a expert here, so the group wud try and address FAQs, from whatever information it may have...15 minutes...

Wind Up....after a small round of cheering, motivation.....

In totality, it shud take say not more than 1 Hr 30 minutes...Eg., say we come by 4pm, 5.30 we leave...and lets treat the mutually agreed timing as a deadline...to avoid late coming...before we freeze, may be we can accept views till 24th....and 26th we would post Final Venue and Timing...

Even if we end up with only say, 2-3 ppl being interested in this meet up, we would go ahead and do it....So guys post your views...Lets freeze this meetup and fix a date/timing (preferably 1st May)....

Note: This thread is shared across different forums, like, beatthegmat, pagalguy, etc...idea is to get as many serious participants, as one can..to make it more effective...No surroaget advertising plans/marketing wud be entertained....pure knowledge sharing, and no Crap...

Regds
Prasanna
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I stay in Hitec. Any body who is preparing for GMAT nearby
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: RHCE , CCNA, MCSE and Now GMAT ;)
Own Kudos [?]: 286 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
WE:Operations (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Kudos
anyone looking for gmat coaching in hyd. I provide personal guidance and right materials , with guarantee else 50% return policy i charge 6000 Rs for entire thing !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM

Originally posted by darider on 18 Aug 2011, 07:42.
Last edited by darider on 31 Oct 2012, 11:44, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: RHCE , CCNA, MCSE and Now GMAT ;)
Own Kudos [?]: 286 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
WE:Operations (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
first-ever-meet-over-coffee-hyderabad-gmat-study-club-119168.html

Look here for hyd Gmat club members' first " meet over coffee " plan :)

I need folks like prasanna , romzi and any other volunteers to help me plan this event.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Please attend the Demo sessions at all the institutes near to you and then make up your mind. The best institute would depend on factors most important to you because they are likely to have decent trainers. So it would boil down to location, price, teaching methodology and flexibility.

Some well known names in Hyderabad are PR, MR, Career Launcher, CrackISB etc... Now the only reason why I chose Career Launcher is because of their Verbal trainer (Mithun), not many students (Blessing in Disguise) and the timing flexibility.

But don't rely totally on any institute and be prepared to indulge in some solid hard work.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Adithya,

I attend CrackISB for my GMAT course. They Personalized attention for all students. CrckISB follow Customized Study Plans and Individual Trackers. The course structure was vigorous and well focused. They provided very good material for offline reference. CrackISB Mentoring was very useful, it was very well organized and extremely well taught. My instructor was very knowledgable and personable so I recommended CrackISB.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 42
GMAT 1: 550 Q47 V20
GPA: 3.7
WE:Other (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
HI, I have joined crackISB after searching in the internet for "best institute for gmat in hyderabad". Initially, I found it good. But, there's nothing in that institute worth of 26,500 INR. It's sheer waste of money if you ask me. Instead try https://www.e-gmat.com , I swear I am not at all related to this company but you will get to know why I have suggested this when you listen to some of their free lessons. If you are weak in quant then try working manhattan gmat books. CrackISB is quant is nothing. Though Verbal is okay, it doesn't have much to offer.

e-gmat.com or manhattan or some other international test prep company has UCLA, Stanford or some other good b-school's alumni as their faculty and they will definitely help you in getting your target score with a decent amount. For example e-gmat's verbal course is just around $300 which is way less than crackISB and that too we can listen to them infinite times in a 6 month period. If you ask me what about personal tutoring, crackISB or for that matter most of the test prep companies will not help you much. If you are looking for personal tutoring you gotta go to veritasprep. This company charges you around $1500 like Manhattan complete course.

All in all crackISB has nothing except ISB in their name, that too I believe is just a sort of bait. As you can see, if you go to their place, you will find it's name as dexterous review but not crackISB. They say as if they have got the best faculty, but as far as I know there is no one and only 3 members run it. They will also say they have got different departments but everything is trash. So don't waste your money, instead invest it wisely. From a disappointed former student. I can say, I have learnt a lot from online material but not from crackISB. Oh, btw they will also give you full material that is available online and they list it in their give aways. I never knew that downloading some illegal copies of manhattan and some other test prep companies material and distributing is worth 26,500 INR. I sincerely urge you not to choose this or for that matter any local test prep company. As most of us are weak in verbal, we gotta get help from good source and just gotta try till we succeed. All the best!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM