Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:09 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Fuqua Class of 2012
GMAT 2: 700
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Private Equity
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:FuquaR1, JohnsonR3, TuckEA , Marriott w/ $$
GPA: 3.86
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED) [#permalink]
20lvo wrote:
dbuzzy wrote:
Decisions for those on the waitlist have been released as well or just R3 candidates?
From what I was told, it was waitlisted candidates. I didn't ask about R3.

Did they say anything else about the waitlist? And yes, at least for R2, there were people dinged AND admitted off the waitlist.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Concentration: Marketing/Brand Management
Schools:University of Virginia 2012
GMAT 2: 720  Q49  V40
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: 4.5 years litigation consulting
WE 2: 9 months non-profit/health insurance
WE 3: 5 months high-tech
Send PM
Kudos
bschools2010 wrote:
20lvo wrote:
dbuzzy wrote:
Decisions for those on the waitlist have been released as well or just R3 candidates?
From what I was told, it was waitlisted candidates. I didn't ask about R3.

Did they say anything else about the waitlist? And yes, at least for R2, there were people dinged AND admitted off the waitlist.

I didn't ask, but what else is there to say? If they decide to keep stringing people along until classes start, that's just BS...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I tried to call, their phones must be off at this point, haha.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
I just wish they'd be more transparent. Like telling us if they admitted anyone today off the waitlist or off of R3 and how full the class is already. Maybe they act like this so that you start to feel anger and resentment towards them and then it's not so hard if you are never admitted.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
Kudos
bschools2010 wrote:
I just wish they'd be more transparent. Like telling us if they admitted anyone today off the waitlist or off of R3 and how full the class is already. Maybe they act like this so that you start to feel anger and resentment towards them and then it's not so hard if you are never admitted.
I understand the frustration. When I go to Duke, I'm gonna organize a coup d'etat of the admission committee. With me in power, applicants will not longer need to suffer through useless/inaccurate status information; applicants will know exactly where their application lie. My biggest goal is to rid of the dart-board admissions process and institute an objective evaluation process, so only cool and smart people get accepted. GMATClub moderators will get automatically +10 points for admissions.

Who's with me?!?!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just spoke to an admissions representative. I was told if there was any change in your status, you would have heard earlier today. From this point on, notifications will be on a rolling basis.
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing/Brand Management
Schools:University of Virginia 2012
GMAT 2: 720  Q49  V40
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: 4.5 years litigation consulting
WE 2: 9 months non-profit/health insurance
WE 3: 5 months high-tech
Send PM
Kudos
dbuzzy wrote:
Just spoke to an admissions representative. I was told if there was any change in your status, you would have heard earlier today. From this point on, notifications will be on a rolling basis.
The schools that do that really chafe my @$$. This is nothing but arrogance. I understand doing it in EA, because the people that apply then are obviously very gung-ho about this particular school. But to do it now, when people (like myself) have a decision to make (i.e. Darden or possibly NOTHING) - it just doesn't sit well with me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Hello, I am an international admit in R3. Now seems can't make a decision on which program to attend between NYU Stern and Duke. My post MBA goals are MNC headquarters finance role in the east coast of the US, or consulting. My background is 4.5yrs audit, 4 years MNC finance in Energy industry. Preferably will return to Energy but open to other sectors.

Of course NYU has great location but my concern is whether I will like the people in Duke more. I haven't visited Duke just a feeling that students at Duke are more friendly. Could anyone in this list give me some insignts on these two programs? Thanks!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:Duke 2012
Send PM
20lvo wrote:
dbuzzy wrote:
The schools that do that really chafe my @$$. This is nothing but arrogance. I understand doing it in EA, because the people that apply then are obviously very gung-ho about this particular school. But to do it now, when people (like myself) have a decision to make (i.e. Darden or possibly NOTHING) - it just doesn't sit well with me.

I'm not sure what else they can do. They are basically notifying people as they get withdrawals and they don't want to overfill their class. I'm sure they probably have an ordered list (or a few ordered lists) and they'll basically admit more people as spots open.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Ross Class of 2012
 Q48  V44
GPA: 2.57
WE 1: IT Recruiting 1.5 Years
WE 2: Peace Corps Ghana 2+ years
Send PM
Congrats to the new admits! Still waitlisted for me. Waitlisted at Ross and Fuqua with no admits. Hopefully the overlap can help. All updates sent to each school so just wait now?

Any ideas about when deposits are due at Fuqua?

Good luck fellow waitlisters.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cenbj wrote:
Hello, I am an international admit in R3. Now seems can't make a decision on which program to attend between NYU Stern and Duke. My post MBA goals are MNC headquarters finance role in the east coast of the US, or consulting. My background is 4.5yrs audit, 4 years MNC finance in Energy industry. Preferably will return to Energy but open to other sectors.

Of course NYU has great location but my concern is whether I will like the people in Duke more. I haven't visited Duke just a feeling that students at Duke are more friendly. Could anyone in this list give me some insignts on these two programs? Thanks!

So you were admitted to Duke today?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I submitted the application in R2 but because I took the toefl after the deadline they postponed my application to R3. I received the "check your updated status" email on Apr 22, around noon eastern time. I am accepted and need to confirm by May 3. Good luck
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Job Acquirement
Schools:Duke Class of 2012
Send PM
Congrats man, great news!

:-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
InCaseYouAsked wrote:

Thanks! But I am considering to withdraw from Duke to attend NYU. Still not decided and not a lot of time to think
Manager
Manager
Send PM
cenbj wrote:
InCaseYouAsked wrote:

Thanks! But I am considering to withdraw from Duke to attend NYU. Still not decided and not a lot of time to think

Would you mind sharing your profile?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
cenbj wrote:
I submitted the application in R2 but because I took the toefl after the deadline they postponed my application to R3. I received the "check your updated status" email on Apr 22, around noon eastern time. I am accepted and need to confirm by May 3. Good luck

Congrats on your admission cenbj! :)

Did you received an invite to interview? because my application also got delayed and I didn't received invite to interview nor other response yet... so, I'm a bit worried about it, and wondering if wait or let go :?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sure. asian with 9 years w/e, half of which in big 4 auditing, and the second half took on different general finance positions in an MNC with overseas experience. post mba in MNC finance or consulting.

yes, i received an interview invite. they sent out the invites to R3 applicants on the same day in march. all the best!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts