Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:03 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72868 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 5422 [1]
Given Kudos: 40
WE 1: 3.5 yrs IT
WE 2: 2.5 yrs Retail chain
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 5422 [2]
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
:) :) :)

Thank you! Really appreciate your suggestions.

This is exactly the concept we had with GMAT Club Challenges back in 2004.
Every time we released a new test, we invited people to take the test for a certain time period. That was not super successful back then; people prefer to study on their own schedule.

Comments of course are welcome for those who disagree.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 5422 [0]
Send PM
Its been 6 yrs now.
It's Easiest to start something but Hardest to maintain/manage it. I call it PATIENCE.

Its true what people choose to prepare but some definitly wants to test their metal.
Count me among those.

bb wrote:
:) :) :)

Thank you! Really appreciate your suggestions.

This is exactly the concept we had with GMAT Club Challenges back in 2004.
Every time we released a new test, we invited people to take the test for a certain time period. That was not super successful back then; people prefer to study on their own schedule.

Comments of course are welcome for those who disagree.
Director
Director
Send PM
Kudos
Categorising the Question into different mandatory sections. I have seen that any question say of DS can have as many tags such as 700+, 600-700 GMAT Prep, Inequality, etc. But, I think there should be certain mandotory categories to segregate the questions, which will be better to search by the members:

a. Difficulty level (700-800, 600-700). A question can have one type of difficulty level and not many.
b. Source of question (please include MGMAT, Keplan and Princeton, if there is no policy voilation).

Instead of providing Checkboxes for these options per category, place radio buttons so that only one option can be marked in a category.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72868 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
ykaiim wrote:
Categorising the Question into different mandatory sections. I have seen that any question say of DS can have as many tags such as 700+, 600-700 GMAT Prep, Inequality, etc. But, I think there should be certain mandotory categories to segregate the questions, which will be better to search by the members:

a. Difficulty level (700-800, 600-700). A question can have one type of difficulty level and not many.
b. Source of question (please include MGMAT, Keplan and Princeton, if there is no policy voilation).

Instead of providing Checkboxes for these options per category, place radio buttons so that only one option can be marked in a category.

Thank you.
One comment though - difficulty is really not a good category since people have a very diverse perception about what a difficulty question is - it may difficulty for me but not for you.
Director
Director
Send PM
bb,

This is a valid point your raised. But, I think if people are posting problems here then those must be a difficult enough. I hope atleast the posted questions are of 600-700 difficulty level and thats the level everyone wants to achieve. May be more than that.

Moreover, we have the respective forum moderator who can pour in their sugestion to rank the difficulty level and place it in the correct category.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
My 2 cents, hope this will be very helpful for all.

We need to have buckets in the site. which means that when I am surfing the site and I Like a particular topic I should be able to add it to my bucket (or cart or Favourites).

Since there is so much material out here I tend to get lost, usually I keep picking and posting urls to my email account. But then again, there I need to search them out of several thousand emails.

Whenever I am on the site for more info. I will look for it, find it and if it fits my need and I would want to review it later, it would go into my favs' bucket so that I dont have to search for that thread. I can go there directly in my fav's.

Later we can allow users to create categories for buckets so that they can organize/collect information in the format they would like to keep. This will also solve problem that I have seen people posting like arranging section in order of difficultly or 600-700 range or Verbal or SC, RC, CR categorizations.

GMAT Club can periodically review everyone's bucket or categorization in buckets to automatically organize content as shown on the club from this information.

I would appreciate if initially we can start with buckets/cart/fav's.

By the way thanks for creating a free GMAT retail store for preparation.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you very much for the suggestion!
It is very much worth looking into it and definitely can see the value based on what people are saving/organizing.

We have a bookmark functionality - not as cool as what you have described but will allow you to save your post. We also have the "My Notes" button above.
See attached for the bookmark button location.

We also have the "Add This" which will allow you to file any post with your favorite bookmarking engine such as Submle Upon, Digg, etc.
Attachments

bookmark.gif
bookmark.gif [ 35.5 KiB | Viewed 2916 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks BB,

As of now anything close to what I want to do should be ok. However in the long run you should give this approach a try, thats exactly what google does with it emails.

And yes in the absence of such a feature, I also explored the notes feature. Only issue is, that I am lazy and wanted to cut down on the copy/paste operations, Since mostly surfing 12 beyond in the night, "mentally not in peak condition" chances of loosing something just because of a copy/paste could be disastrous.

For now I will survive.

Thanks for the response.

bb wrote:
It is very much worth looking into it and definitely can see the value based on what people are saving/organizing.

We have a bookmark functionality - not as cool as what you have described but will allow you to save your post. We also have the "My Notes" button above.
See attached for the bookmark button location.

We also have the "Add This" which will allow you to file any post with your favorite bookmarking engine such as Submle Upon, Digg, etc.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
I like the community/social aspect of the idea very much!!!
Please don't think it is being ignored, rather worked into a pipeline.

You get my Kudos.
Director
Director
Send PM
Kudos
Good point to raise on the forum :idea: . I was also facing this issue.

Thanks bb for introducing the BOOKMARK feature to us.

shrivastavarohit wrote:
My 2 cents, hope this will be very helpful for all.

We need to have buckets in the site. which means that when I am surfing the site and I Like a particular topic I should be able to add it to my bucket (or cart or Favourites).

Since there is so much material out here I tend to get lost, usually I keep picking and posting urls to my email account. But then again, there I need to search them out of several thousand emails.

Whenever I am on the site for more info. I will look for it, find it and if it fits my need and I would want to review it later, it would go into my favs' bucket so that I dont have to search for that thread. I can go there directly in my fav's.

Later we can allow users to create categories for buckets so that they can organize/collect information in the format they would like to keep. This will also solve problem that I have seen people posting like arranging section in order of difficultly or 600-700 range or Verbal or SC, RC, CR categorizations.

GMAT Club can periodically review everyone's bucket or categorization in buckets to automatically organize content as shown on the club from this information.

I would appreciate if initially we can start with buckets/cart/fav's.

By the way thanks for creating a free GMAT retail store for preparation.
Director
Director
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

This post is regarding the GMAT Timer. It's a great tool to monitor your score.

If possible can we customize it so that we can set the time limit for each question and if we do not select an answer during that then our response will not be considered. It will skip to the next question. A user will not be able to edit the responses once it is skipped.
A user can set, if he/she wants to go with method, else the regular if fine fo him.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
ykaiim wrote:
Hi,

If possible can we customize it so that we can set the time limit for each question and if we do not select an answer during that then our response will not be considered. It will skip to the next question. A user will not be able to edit the responses once it is skipped.
A user can set, if he/she wants to go with method, else the regular if fine fo him.

Are you referring to this timer: gmat-timer-56014.html or the timer in the questions in the forum?
Director
Director
Send PM
bb,

I am referring to the one developed by Walker (gmat-timer-56014.html).

Moreover, there should be an option to set the time limit for sectional tests. Say, I want to do SC for 30 min. Right now, I have to look at the timer for around 6-7 times to meet with the timings. So, there should be some editable fields for such cases.

bb wrote:
ykaiim wrote:
Hi,

Are you referring to this timer: gmat-timer-56014.html or the timer in the questions in the forum?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks - can you actually post the suggestion in that thread?
That would be the fastest way to implement that.

Thank you as always!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 555 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
today i wrote m01; it was great experience. Few days back i wrote GMATPrep, and while writing m01, i felt like i was writing prep again vow great questions :)
i have one small observation about review of question. while reviewing i have to press "Explain Answer" for each question, if i am interested to see explanation of each question( right/wrong). So my suggestion is, If "Explain Answer" is "mode" in stead of a "state" then just clicking next question i can see the explanation. Similarly for the "Show Answer" option. however, "Check Answer" can be maintained as "state". I do not know how much this will help for others, but i would love this feature in these tests where i need to review each question( as each question carry some very basic information which i need to remember ) thanks
Director
Director
Send PM
Kudos
Is there an option to set the status of a read post back to Unread?

Number of times, I have found some posts to check later but forget to read them again. Moreover, I think we need to have a status update reflecting, for a reply to your post/those posts to which you have replied, besides your View your post link, just like the Inbox reflects how many unread mails you have.

Please let me know if it is available and the steps to set these settings.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
ykaiim wrote:
Is there an option to set the status of a read post back to Unread?

Number of times, I have found some posts to check later but forget to read them again. Moreover, I think we need to have a status update reflecting, for a reply to your post/those posts to which you have replied, besides your View your post link, just like the Inbox reflects how many unread mails you have.

Please let me know if it is available and the steps to set these settings.

I do not believe we can set the topic to be unread.

As to replies, you should get an email notification every time someone replies to your message - do you get those or did you mean something else?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  44