Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 22:22 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 22:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Concentration: Finance, projects
Schools:INSEAD - dinged; IE-admit; ISB - admit; IIMB-admit; SPJain- admit; IIM C- Admit, IIM A - Dinged after interview. Finally joining IIM B
GMAT 2: 680 GMAT 3: 720
GPA: 3.7
WE 1: 3
WE 2: 2
WE 3: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink]
I don't know...I guess maybe arrange for the interview ASAP and hope that it can be done immediately? I think if you interview late, you'll be notified late, and this could go beyond 5/28[/quote]

ok now i get it. isn't it 28 may a gate? i guess a week before they will have to review ALL that they have received?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
Schools:INSEAD: Waitlisted Jan 2010, Interview invite Jan 2011.
WE 1: Banking
Send PM
vodkacran wrote:
I don't know...I guess maybe arrange for the interview ASAP and hope that it can be done immediately? I think if you interview late, you'll be notified late, and this could go beyond 5/28

ok now i get it. isn't it 28 may a gate? i guess a week before they will have to review ALL that they have received?[/quote]

Yes, 28 May is supposed to be a deadline - within which they'll review all applications received for R1 and send out the decisions. Adcom is known to send out decisions as late as midnight local time on the last day...so for ppl east of France, it could mean 29th May and another night full of anxiety! For your case, if you're able to finish your interview by 18th may, your file will have 10 days to process.
Intern
Intern
Schools:INSEAD - JAN 2011 (Admitted)
 Q48  V32
Send PM
I too heard on my second iv yesterday. i mailed my coordinator asking how soon i need to finish it - she gave me may 21 deadline.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
Schools:INSEAD: Waitlisted Jan 2010, Interview invite Jan 2011.
WE 1: Banking
Send PM
mbagal2010 wrote:
I too heard on my second iv yesterday. i mailed my coordinator asking how soon i need to finish it - she gave me may 21 deadline.

One good thing about a late interview is that you'll have less time to worry about the outcome afterwards - if you do it on the given deadline, just one week. There are many ppl here who have kept their fingers crossed for three weeks! :-)
Intern
Intern
Schools:INSEAD - JAN 2011 (Admitted)
 Q48  V32
Send PM
rishiphadke wrote:
mbagal2010 wrote:

One good thing about a late interview is that you'll have less time to worry about the outcome afterwards - if you do it on the given deadline, just one week. There are many ppl here who have kept their fingers crossed for three weeks! :-)

LOL!! works both ways.. we have the anticipation of a good interview(er).

:)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I finished my 2 interviews for Insead. The first one was casual and the second one was formal. I got a feeling that my second interviewer was probing into my opinion on several aspects. (I wonder if its some kind of stress test)

Also, did everyone get a response from his/her interviewer when you sent out the "Thank You" note?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
artgirl wrote:
I finished my 2 interviews for Insead. The first one was casual and the second one was formal. I got a feeling that my second interviewer was probing into my opinion on several aspects. (I wonder if its some kind of stress test)

Also, did everyone get a response from his/her interviewer when you sent out the "Thank You" note?

I sent out a thank you mail to my first interviewer, no reply.
The second one, I did not send.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
rishiphadke wrote:
mbagal2010 wrote:

Rishipadke, are you less stressed this time ? Wonder how you have the patience and energy to go through this anxious wait 2 times around! respect! :o
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the response Ramanathanblue. Its a long 2 week wait. I am already having sleepless nights :wink:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
artgirl wrote:
Thanks for the response Ramanathanblue. Its a long 2 week wait. I am already having sleepless nights :wink:

yes I agree, the boys on this forum are already talking about which laptop to buy for INSEAD :P

future women classmates...what do we buy? :P :wink:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I already have a decent laptop. I am going to save some money for the travel. :-D ..
It would be exciting to get admitted
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Corp Fin
Schools:Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
 Q44  V42 GMAT 2: 710  Q47  V40
GPA: 1.87
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Send PM
ramanathanblue wrote:
artgirl wrote:

yes I agree, the boys on this forum are already talking about which laptop to buy for INSEAD :P

future women classmates...what do we buy? :P :wink:

I think I'll probably just end up bringing my Thinkpad. It's a T60 and I've had it for a couple years but it works great (knock on wood) and I love it! The next laptop I get is going to be a Lenovo again but maybe a newer one like the W500 or something. Yeah, a proud Thinkpad fan over here :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
artgirl wrote:
I already have a decent laptop. I am going to save some money for the travel. :-D ..

I bought my laptop in 05. I have a pretty decent desktop that I got 2 years ago. But I think now's the time to get a new one either way.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Engineering - Logistics
Schools:INSEAD - Jan 2011
Send PM
GoBruins wrote:
artgirl wrote:

I bought my laptop in 05. I have a pretty decent desktop that I got 2 years ago. But I think now's the time to get a new one either way.

Hum... Any mac user :?:
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:INSEAD
 Q49  V34
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Rakham wrote:
GoBruins wrote:
artgirl wrote:

Hum... Any mac user :?:

I am currently using a 3-year old desktop with windows. I think I will buy a mac laptop for the school since my husband has been convincing me to buy one. :) Is macbook air powerful enough? I am thinking to install windows on it as well to run excel.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hum... Any mac user :?:[/quote]

I have a mac book pro too, will bring it along. I think its powerful enough.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Corp Fin
Schools:Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
 Q44  V42 GMAT 2: 710  Q47  V40
GPA: 1.87
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Send PM
sakura wrote:
I am currently using a 3-year old desktop with windows. I think I will buy a mac laptop for the school since my husband has been convincing me to buy one. :) Is macbook air powerful enough? I am thinking to install windows on it as well to run excel.

I wouldn't worry about installing Windows just to run Excel. You can run MS Office on Mac OS.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  70