Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:47 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:LBS (dinged), INSEAD (Jan.2011)
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools:INSEAD- D '11 Class
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink]
More or the less the same plan. Start in Fonty and go to Singapore either P3, P4 or both. What I have heard so far is that you should be in P4 and P5 at the location where you want to work afterwards as this makes it easier for the job interviews.

Talking about Wharten everyone that I was talking to told me not to waste points for the Wharton exchange as it is not wort it. Especially as you are put into a class that has a complete different study year and it is hard to fit into the student body there. So definitely a 'no' to Wharton from my side :-) Rather spend one more term in Sing.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Yale SOM (admit), Insead 11D Rd I
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
One thing for any Americans to watch for: according to the INSEAD website, Singapore isn't eligible for US financial aid programs. As a result, American aid recipients need to start in Fonty, and can only spend one period in Singapore.

https://mba.insead.edu/financing/funding_by_country.cfm

To be fair though, spending any time whatsoever on the Singapore campus would be awesome....
Send PM
Hey stk, great to hear that you plan to start in Fonty too. :0) You raised an interesting point about the Wharton exchange. Since I am based in the US, I was not particularly interested about the Wharton exchange. But still it's interesting to hear about the culture differences between the Wharton kids and the INSEADers.

I am also looking forward to spend a few periods in Singapore. I think the sunny weather will be a nice contrast to having spent a few periods in the Frosty Fonty campus. :wink:
Send PM
Hey GBH,

Thanks for bring up the scholarship point. I definitely wasn't aware that the Singapore campus was not included in the US financial aid program. Well, this might change my plans slightly..... so what if I want to spend more than one period in singapore, does it mean that I wouldn't qualify for US financial aid from the Dept of Ed?

JZ
Intern
Intern
Schools:Yale SOM (admit), Insead 11D Rd I
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
JZ,

I think it may be saying that only one term is allowed for anyone receiving aid. That said, I'm really running off of what I found in the Financial Aid/ US section, under the .PDF (attached below). I will also admit that I made this discovery pretty recently, so I haven't been able to independently confirm this with INSEAD students. According to the doc, certification of the Singapore campus has been pending since 2005, so theoretically it could still be approved.

At the moment, I'm hoping I'm misunderstanding the whole thing and there's a way to spend two terms off campus. Well, that and that I will magically have a favorable admissions decision arrive in my email inbox ASAP.... :)

Cheers!
Attachments

USLoansGuidelines2010V1.pdf [119.03 KiB]
Downloaded 64 times

Send PM
Hi, GBH.

Thanks for including the link. I truly hope that we and our fellow gmat clubbers will receive good news next week! :0)

If I receive good news, I will definitely reach out to my interviewers to find out how they managed their finances (if they relied on US student financial aid) while doing the campus exchange.

But right now I need to buckle down and not think too far out into the future. I see that you also have an admit offer from Yale - congrats. If admitted to both schools, which one would you attend?

JZ
Intern
Intern
Send PM
stk wrote:
Hey everyone,
I did not see that forum 3 months back when I also applied for the January 2011 intake for INSEAD but it is interesting to see that we are now all in the same situation. Two weeks ago I had my two interviews directly here in Germany and my experience was absolutely the same. Very nice interview partners following a common question guideline from INSEAD. The second one even said that he will recommend me to INSEAD as ghe thinks that I perfectly fit in there. No idea whether he was just teasing me or whether it was really true.

So waiting is always the worst time. And yes it is hard not to think already one step further about accomodation, additional language courses for 3rd language and computer equipment, but work definitely helps a lot :-) Really looking forward to next friday and keeping the fingers crossed for us all.

By the way I also heard that they are very strict concerning the final feedback whether one is admitted or not. I was already quite surpised when I got interview feedback two weeks before end of the deadline.

Hi stk, Could you explain on what you meant by "final feedback". Is it the writtern feedback from the interviewers?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
artgirl wrote:
stk wrote:
Hey everyone,
I did not see that forum 3 months back when I also applied for the January 2011 intake for INSEAD but it is interesting to see that we are now all in the same situation. Two weeks ago I had my two interviews directly here in Germany and my experience was absolutely the same. Very nice interview partners following a common question guideline from INSEAD. The second one even said that he will recommend me to INSEAD as ghe thinks that I perfectly fit in there. No idea whether he was just teasing me or whether it was really true.

So waiting is always the worst time. And yes it is hard not to think already one step further about accomodation, additional language courses for 3rd language and computer equipment, but work definitely helps a lot :-) Really looking forward to next friday and keeping the fingers crossed for us all.

By the way I also heard that they are very strict concerning the final feedback whether one is admitted or not. I was already quite surpised when I got interview feedback two weeks before end of the deadline.

Hi stk, Could you explain on what you meant by "final feedback". Is it the writtern feedback from the interviewers?

Sorry for the confusion. I just meant that they will be very sharp about the deadline for letting us know whether we are in or not. So I do not expect the get any feedback before 29th. That is the 'final feedback' to us :-)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks STK :) :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I am new to the gmatclub. I am in the same boat as several of you here waiting for the final decision. I am based in NY working in the financial sector and have about 6 years of experience. I have just been reading some interesting interview experiences and thought will share my experience as well. The first interview went really well and it was more of general questions - "Why MBA? Why INSEAD?....". The second one didn't go well and there was a lot of cross-questioning right from the start. The interviewer didn't sound too satisfied with some of my explanations. How much weightage is assigned to the interviews? Is it a strict "NO" if one of the interviewers doesn't provide good feedback?

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
is anyone interested in the wharton exchange?
any thoughts?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Schools:INSEAD- WL, IE - Apr 2011
Send PM
kruizer wrote:
Hi,

I am new to the gmatclub. I am in the same boat as several of you here waiting for the final decision. I am based in NY working in the financial sector and have about 6 years of experience. I have just been reading some interesting interview experiences and thought will share my experience as well. The first interview went really well and it was more of general questions - "Why MBA? Why INSEAD?....". The second one didn't go well and there was a lot of cross-questioning right from the start. The interviewer didn't sound too satisfied with some of my explanations. How much weightage is assigned to the interviews? Is it a strict "NO" if one of the interviewers doesn't provide good feedback?

Cheers!

Hi Kruizer,
I'd say I am on the same raft as you because your interview experiences are similar to mine. However, I'd suggest not to read too much at this point. Some interviewers try to sound sarcastic as a way of judging the participant. I've read about instances where people got selected even after facing a hostile interviewer. So just try to remain optimistic (though it's easier said than done, I am getting jitters too!).
And so far what I've read, interviews are very important part of INSEAD application.
Cheers, SH
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:<strong>INSEAD (Starting Jan 2011)</strong>
 Q48  V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
iceferret wrote:
Hi HankScorpio,

I appreciate your voluntary effort to collect applicant profiles. You do a good deed for us folks.

My profile, Chinese, 6Yr w/e in IT development, 3 yr as mgr, G:750, GPA:3.7
I am in R2. Please add me to your list. Can i access your spreadsheet? I have +Kuodo to you :)

Added your profile - pm me your email address and I'll add you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hsourabh wrote:
kruizer wrote:
Hi,

Cheers!

Hi Kruizer,
I'd say I am on the same raft as you because your interview experiences are similar to mine. However, I'd suggest not to read too much at this point. Some interviewers try to sound sarcastic as a way of judging the participant. I've read about instances where people got selected even after facing a hostile interviewer. So just try to remain optimistic (though it's easier said than done, I am getting jitters too!).
And so far what I've read, interviews are very important part of INSEAD application.
Cheers, SH

Hi Sourabh,

That's definitely very encouraging. To add to things, the last thing he asked was - "What if you don't make it to INSEAD?". I understand that this is a standard question but the timing was just at the end of the session (after my questions to him) :) Anyway, will keep you posted. Good luck to you as well!

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: entrepreneurship
Schools:INSEAD (Accepted 11J)
 Q45  V42
WE 1: 4 yrs Fortune 500
Send PM
rishiphadke wrote:
honus100 wrote:
JZHANG2008 wrote:
I don't plan on shipping my car to Fonty so I will have to find a way to transport myself to and from campus. Maybe I will get a bike but I can't imagine the trip pleasant in winter...

I'm planning on biking, but I have a wife and two kids who will need something more!

My interviewer told me that Renault has a super easy lease program that he and several students used to get cars for the time in Fonty.

The self-confidence/optimism seems to be at it's peak on this group! :-) I hope this entire group is able to make it.....

You're right, we are an optimistic bunch... I'm trying to prepare myself for the worst, but then I find myself planning and speaking as if I've already been accepted!

With that in mind, I assume everyone has taken a look at the elective courses. Which ones are you most interested in? Personally, I'm very interested in Explorations in Social Entrepreneurship. What an incredible opportunity to interact with businesses at the "base of the pyramid." It's an area I'd like to be involved in after graduation.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kruizer, Most probably we had the same interviewer :wink:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:<strong>INSEAD (Starting Jan 2011)</strong>
 Q48  V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
ramanathanblue wrote:
is anyone interested in the wharton exchange?
any thoughts?

I'm personally not interested in the wharton exchange, but I will pass along what one of my interviewers told me.

In the past, the wharton classes were poorly developed, because wharton isn't on the same 2 month period as insead. As a result, choices in classes were limited when he went to insead. But he admitted that the number of classes offered have increased, and he presumes their quality has improved. But as far as quality of education is concerned, there is very little gained due to the campus exchange. If you are going to wharton, the key reason is to join the recruiting drive at wharton, and have access to wharton's job postings, all with the goal of working in the US. If that is not your goal, he suggested not to bother with the wharton exchange.

Good luck, whichever choice you make!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  22   23   24   25   26   27   28  ...  70