Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:43 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
 Q47  V40 GMAT 2: 710  Q45  V42
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Consulting
Schools:Strategy
 Q50  V40
Send PM
Current Student
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Ask about INSEAD [#permalink]
Hi senior manager, i am an INSEAD aspirant from India. M/26 planningto apply in round 2, June. Obviously late. to brief on my profile i am a chartered accountant with 3.5 yrs of exp till date. have 2 yrs of non-profit organisation exp. appearing for gmat late april.

1) Wondering what are your chances round 2 vs round 1. ny idea wat % of seats get filled in r1? with my kinda profile , u think it makes sense to apply in round 2?

2) i plan to join jan-Dec batch, so can get to do intern as well. wats ur take on whether jan batch puts you to an advantage compared to Sep.

3) How can i improve upon my chances to get in from here on? any handy tip!! Also, if you dont mind, can u share your profile with us please. no of, kind of experience you have.

Your words will be of great help indeed.
Current Student
Send PM
deepakg wrote:
Hi senior manager, i am an INSEAD aspirant from India. M/26 planningto apply in round 2, June. Obviously late. to brief on my profile i am a chartered accountant with 3.5 yrs of exp till date. have 2 yrs of non-profit organisation exp. appearing for gmat late april.

1) Wondering what are your chances round 2 vs round 1. ny idea wat % of seats get filled in r1? with my kinda profile , u think it makes sense to apply in round 2?

2) i plan to join jan-Dec batch, so can get to do intern as well. wats ur take on whether jan batch puts you to an advantage compared to Sep.

3) How can i improve upon my chances to get in from here on? any handy tip!! Also, if you dont mind, can u share your profile with us please. no of, kind of experience you have.

Your words will be of great help indeed.

1. Impossible to give you a meaningful answer on this other than the sooner you apply the better it tends to be. I cant answer the question of how many ppl similar to you get admitted either. If you are keen on INSEAD and can prepare your strongest application. I would recommend applying as early as possible.

2. January intake certainly allows for the internship - It may help those trying to make career changes more than the Sept intake. But overall I dont think it makes a huge difference.

3. Please see the 2010 applicants thread - usually the first thread on the US School forum. 2010-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-78475.html A search for my username will give you a sense of my profile.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management
Schools:INSEAD/Harvard/Stanford/Wharton/York Univ./Univ. of Western Ontario
 Q50  V38
GPA: 77 Percent Honors Degree-I guess that corresponds to 3.8 Plus GPA
Send PM
Hi,

Average age of Insead student is < 30 years. Do you know whether they will be open consider the application of student who is bout 36 years old and has 14+ years of IT experience and about 1 year of NGO experience. Unfortunately, part-time EMBA is not an option.

Thanks,
Manish
Intern
Intern
Schools:INSEAD
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Hi,
I was wondering about the 'can we speak to your employer' question on the application - my current line manager has only known me for a few months, and doesn't 'believe in MBAs', so I am reluctant to answer that with yes. Will that be looked upon unfavourably?

Also - I'm really interested in the opportunity for exchanging campuses, and read online that there is a bidding system. How exactly does it work?
Thanks, Y
Current Student
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted &amp; ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
Send PM
gargmanish wrote:
Hi,

Average age of Insead student is < 30 years. Do you know whether they will be open consider the application of student who is bout 36 years old and has 14+ years of IT experience and about 1 year of NGO experience. Unfortunately, part-time EMBA is not an option.

Thanks,
Manish

Sorry for the delayed response - I see no reason why you wouldnt be considered. I suspect you may have to present a very well laid out plan for why MBA. But INSEAD certainly has several ppl >35 every year.
Current Student
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted &amp; ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
Send PM
inseadhopeful wrote:
Hi,
I was wondering about the 'can we speak to your employer' question on the application - my current line manager has only known me for a few months, and doesn't 'believe in MBAs', so I am reluctant to answer that with yes. Will that be looked upon unfavourably?

Also - I'm really interested in the opportunity for exchanging campuses, and read online that there is a bidding system. How exactly does it work?
Thanks, Y

I suppose you could explain why you would prefer that they dont contact your manager. But I suspect your situation is not that uncommon and INSEAD wouldnt need to understand why they cant contact your mgr.

Yes, in P1 you bid for campus exchange as well as the Wharton alliance. Basically, it is a mechanism to match supply and demand - almost all MBA programs use it for classes, etc, etc
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:Oxford'11
Send PM
Hi sm332,
Regarding the financing, I know that some years ago INSEAD had an agreement with HSBC, which granted loans to INSEAD admits (tuition and sometimes part of living expenditure). I check recently on the INSEAD page, but no reference is made to the HSBC loan.
Do you know if INSEAD still have the agreement woth HSBS, or any other banks for student loans?
Thanks, A
Current Student
Send PM
a11c99 wrote:
Hi sm332,
Regarding the financing, I know that some years ago INSEAD had an agreement with HSBC, which granted loans to INSEAD admits (tuition and sometimes part of living expenditure). I check recently on the INSEAD page, but no reference is made to the HSBC loan.
Do you know if INSEAD still have the agreement woth HSBS, or any other banks for student loans?
Thanks, A

I do not believe that INSEAD has any financing arrangement in place for the time being.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi,
from insead web-site:

"Final notification for round 2 applicants - February 27th.
Deadlines for scholarships - Feb 11."

Does that mean that applicants admitted in 2nd round are not eligible for scholarship? (candidates are considered for scholarships ONLY upon acceptance)
Current Student
Send PM
Daler wrote:
Hi,
from insead web-site:

"Final notification for round 2 applicants - February 27th.
Deadlines for scholarships - Feb 11."

Does that mean that applicants admitted in 2nd round are not eligible for scholarship? (candidates are considered for scholarships ONLY upon acceptance)

I am fairly certain that R2 applicants had to apply for scholarships along with their main applications. i.e., Pre-admittance
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Hi,
just wondering whether you did the 'optional essay' and if yes, what did you write about?
thanks for your help! Yvonne
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
inseadhopeful wrote:
Hi,
just wondering whether you did the 'optional essay' and if yes, what did you write about?

No I did not use it. INSEAD already asks for a lot of written material. So dont write something for the sake of it, you should use it only if you ahve to address something specific.
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V42
Send PM
sm332 wrote:
inseadhopeful wrote:
Hi,

No I did not use it. INSEAD already asks for a lot of written material. So dont write something for the sake of it, you should use it only if you ahve to address something specific.

Thanks!!
Intern
Intern
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Hi,

Does it matters whether you pply in R2 or R3? Their web sites say No as there is very little difference.

Thanks,
Manish
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
gargmanish wrote:
Hi,

Does it matters whether you pply in R2 or R3? Their web sites say No as there is very little difference.

Thanks,
Manish

There is not way of providing an accurate answer to this other than .. if you can prepare your best application. The earlier you apply the better, but it shouldnt come at the cost of a sub-par application.
Intern
Intern
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Thanks sms32
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hey,

I really love the idea of INSEAD, but I don't think I'll apply there unless I'm dead set on consulting or industry. It seems like finance placement is almost always investment banking, or treasury/corporate finance. Are there any particular firms with which INSEAD a particularly strong relationship for asset management, trading or private equity?

Thanks and hope all is well in Fontainebleu.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2