Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:16 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:LBS
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
 Q47  V38
Send PM
Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2011 [#permalink]
Hello everyone! I feel somewhat ashamed typing this as it has been such a long time since I contributed anything to this forum, especially since I started this thread hoping to give it the maximum. Anyway, I am here and ready to answer any concerns or questions that any prospective/admitted MiMs might have. (Lets all keep qs to a reasonable level of detail :-D )
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys,

A lil bit bout me,
23/f/indian ..
background is that i lived in india and the middle east, did my undergrad from Toronto(graduated with a solid GPA)
two internships with PWC Dubai (great recommendations)
I was actively involved in my student body and was heading the council of my 1000 student dorm. Not sure if it makes a difference though anymore what kinda profile i have since I applied fr the last round.

wow I cant believe I found this forum this late. Anyways, for me it was a late decision to do my masters this year.So Iv basically missed all the rounds! even though I applied in second week of april, clearly i fall into R5. Im totally disheartened since Im pretty sure the spots are mostly filled up by now.
Either way, I was kinda hoping for some insight- if by MISTAKE I do make it through to the interview, where was it for most of the international kids out therE? And also, how long are these interviews?

would really appreciate a reply!
thnks!
Current Student
 Q47  V38
Send PM
short3152, hi interviews are shorter or relatively short compared to job interviews. Interviewers are generally very nice and its depends on your location as to who interviews you (in london or nearby the admission team would do it; far away and they will find an alum to do it) (having a huge alumni network greatly helps that way :wink: ) I can't exactly recall but my interview was suppose to be thirty minutes but I think it somehow became a long lively discussion with the interviewer ordering coffee for both of us and then asking me to join him for lunch. And believe me my experience is not unique, other guys in the class had similar experiences, LBS alum are quite nice.
Good luck with the process and keep us posted on this forum!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@short3152

welcome!! I will be very willing to help u after my exams which will finish next week. I think ur interview won't be sooner than that.

Btw guys and girls, the decision date for me was today and I still can't believe I have been admitted :D I even doubted for a while if they had made a mistake until I found out there's a student number for me already :)

I have a few questions tho
1. On the website it says u hv to write 2 essays to apply for the scholarship. Where can I find some details of what the 2 essays are about?

2. When should I expect to receive the offer pack and the portal details?

3. When's the exact first date we have to be in the school? Because I have already booked the ticket and may need to change it then.
Thanks so much for all ur help. I wouldn't be able to
make it so far without u guys !! :) hope to see u guys soon :)

Zeck

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am looking into Masters programs for when I graduate next year and the LBS one looks pretty interesting. I had a couple of questions for those who have applied/been admitted:

1. Is there a minimum GPA? How much weight does the university average have compared to the essay questions, GMAT, etc.?

2. Does it matter which round one applies for or are the chances of getting in pretty much the same for each? Can you apply for a second round if you don't get in a previous one?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey guys,

first allow me to congratulate u on this very helpful and active (until recently) thread. @MJ2009 i know ur marketing challenge ended centuries ago but you can hold the success of this thread as a personal accomplishment, it came as the fourth result when i typed "masters in management interview" on google.

i'm an applicant for the dreaded r5, and got my interview e-mail yesterday. i've just read the whole thread ( yes... i have an addictive personality ), and would like to thank everyone for their informative contributions.

i was hoping some more people could step forward and talk a bit about their interview - in particular, what preparation they would recommend and how much of it was concerning general knowledge like the state of the economy or the financial sector. i come from an engineering background and would like to know whether i need to bury myself in piles of the ft, the economist and all that !

thanx =]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
My interview didn't have any general knowledge type questions. It was all about my background and then my interviewer shared his education experiences with me. It was much more conversational than the typical interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cool, thanx. i wonder if its different cuz u were interviewed by an alumni instead of a member of the admissions team.. but then again if they didnt ask u anything in the follow-up interview it shudnt be !

The thing is that the e-mail with the interview date (23/6) says:
5) Consider wider issues within the business world, including how these may impact your career options, post-graduation.

which struck home! i got a bad feeling about this one... :oops:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,

I've just received an invitation for an interview by LBS! I am getting a little bit nervous as there are no sample interview questions posted in their website and I have no idea how to prepare myself for this interview.

Your posts brought a bit of comfort and relief to me! I would GREATLY appreciate it if you would share a little more about how you prepared for the interview?

Did you look up sample interview questions and practiced answering them? if so, Please share the questions you found useful
Would u say it is necessary to practice a mock interview with someone?
How long was the interview?

Also, is it true that the purpose of the interview is more about validating the applicants and not so much about eliminating people?

Anything you can share would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Sara
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey sara,

im at the same stage as you so i can't really help much but im guessing u hvnt received ur interview date yet? you'll get an e-mail telling you that the interview takes about an hour and that it's mostly competency-based. it also includes a few types of questions you should be expecting.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
 Q47  V38
Send PM
Kudos
Since I have given you guys an idea about the interview from my experience can't say much more but about the
"5) Consider wider issues within the business world, including how these may impact your career options, post-graduation." that you mentioned|:
Firstly I don't recall anyone from my class getting that.. I guess its come up after the tough hiring year of 2009-10 that most programmes have faced. They probably want to assess whether you do realize how hard it might be to get a job in say IB or Consulting if things didn't improve much... (although since January hiring is back up) ... So be prepared to give them an idea of how flexible you are in your career goals while at the same time focused. (maybe IB/consulting back home might be an option to bring up etc)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I agree with MJ2009 - I had an initial interview within an alumnus and then a follow up phone interview with admissions because my original interviewer didn't have a similar background and wasn't able to ask certain questions. While I wasn't given any specific questions regarding the economy, I was told that media is a very difficult industry to break into, was I aware that networking will be crucial, would I be willing to take a nontraditional career path or consider other options while networking, etc. I think question five probably has to do with that. They most likely won't ask you very specific questions that you would have to read finance publications to know the answers to (although if that's your industry it may differ). They just want to you if you've taken the current economic situation into account and be aware of the obstacles you'll have to face during the job search and the extra work you'll have to put in to get around those obstacles. Basically, they want to make sure you don't expect to get admitted, coast through the school year, and expect to be handed your dream job at the end :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thanx guys, this is all very helpful =]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 211 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
Send PM
smokin wrote:
thanx guys, this is all very helpful =]

Agreed! Makes me excited to apply next year.

I'm curious to see what the final employment figures are like for the exiting class.
Current Student
 Q47  V38
Send PM
Okay... I can't quite give specifics of the employment figures but to the extent that I can drop hints, I will say that for the MiMs the figures are up to the par with other programs at LBS. (now you can check those figures and draw comparisons). Personally I have been very impressed with the placements and I'm quite thankful to LBS for where I am headed afterwards.
I will do a debrief post about the whole program as soon as our 'disorientation' week ends - this is just a whole week of partying and pub crawls across London! crazy stuff, i tell you! ;)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Can you apply to this course even if you have more than 1 year work experience?

I have 2 years and 2 mos work experience already. Masters in Mgt seems like an interesting course.

Also, do you get to interact with MBA LBS students as well?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Hei there, rstl ! I am also considering applying for the class of 2012, and it's nice to meet you. About the GPA, I saw on the official website that there is a minimum 3.5 GPA required... I guess that they pay a lot of attention on the GMAT also, since there applicants come from so many background
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  24   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts