Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:28 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:INSEAD
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink]
inseadhopeful wrote:
GoBruins wrote:
cjanoam wrote:
I have applied for Jan 2011 R2 and have send the documents by INDIAPOST snail mail on 14 May 10. is there any way of knowing if they have received the docs by mail. Or should I just courier a set? Also, where is the interview taken? tHANKS

I sent mine by mail also. After the round ends they will send you an email from your coordinator letting you know that your application is complete or not.

I know the website said we'd get an email about whether the application was complete within 2 weeks, earlier if at least 1 week before round application deadline but just wondering whether you guys had heard yet? (and this isn't even the first 'stage' - don't know how you guys waiting to hear for final replies are coping - good luck to y'all!!)

Even I read that. I had submitted my application on 14 May, but still no intimation. :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
tryinghard wrote:
Guys,

I am planning to apply in R2 and have a question. In tha application there is a question "Briefly summarise your most recent job responsibilities", this is besides the the job description essay.

I have already defined my job description in the "Please give a detailed description of your job," essay. So how can I best utilize this space?

I did something like what cjanoam did. Theres limited space in that space provided (i think its 4 lines or so), so the thing is to quickly and efficiently establish your key responsibilities. Think of it as the writing equivalent of the elevator pitch on what you do @ work

Hope that helps
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cjanoam wrote:
Even I read that. I had submitted my application on 14 May, but still no intimation. :(

If I recall correctly, I think they only send out the emails after the round is over, so that would be after the 9th of June

In my case, I submitted a few days before the deadline but only got the email almost 2 weeks after the round closed.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
Schools:INSEAD: Waitlisted Jan 2010, Interview invite Jan 2011.
WE 1: Banking
Send PM
Crezence wrote:
cjanoam wrote:

If I recall correctly, I think they only send out the emails after the round is over, so that would be after the 9th of June

In my case, I submitted a few days before the deadline but only got the email almost 2 weeks after the round closed.

Yes, that's correct. The confirmation emails are sent out all at once and not depending on when you submit the application. The emails will be sent around 10 days after the deadline.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
rishiphadke wrote:
Crezence wrote:
cjanoam wrote:

Yes, that's correct. The confirmation emails are sent out all at once and not depending on when you submit the application. The emails will be sent around 10 days after the deadline.

yea i got my receipt confirmation email around 10 days after (8 days to be exact) of the deadline.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
any news from anyone? ;)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
vodkacran wrote:
any news from anyone? ;)

not yet..its 8 am in Fonty....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Has nyone heard??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Schools:INSEAD- WL, IE - Apr 2011
Send PM
guess Wednesday is still too early :wink:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kaushikb wrote:
Has nyone heard??

I would think the calls would start about 10 - 10:30 Fonty time.

Also, it would really depend on the admission coordinator, some may start their calling today / some might not...

wishing the very best for all of us...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
How's everyone coping?

I can't seem to concentrate on work
Intern
Intern
Schools:INSEAD
 Q49  V42
Send PM
vodkacran wrote:
rishiphadke wrote:
Crezence wrote:

yea i got my receipt confirmation email around 10 days after (8 days to be exact) of the deadline.

thanks guys - I'll stop obsessively checking my emails for a few weeks then. :-) good luck!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:HBS - Class of 2012, INSEAD,
 Q50  V42
Send PM
sinhadee wrote:
kaushikb wrote:
Has nyone heard??

Also, it would really depend on the admission coordinator, some may start their calling today / some might not...

No, wednesday isn't too early. As I posted before, me and a friend both got accepted before 9 am on wednesday while the notification deadline was on friday (different admissions coordinator - Round 2 July 2010 intake). I am convinced they are calling people already. :)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
Schools:INSEAD: Waitlisted Jan 2010, Interview invite Jan 2011.
WE 1: Banking
Send PM
Suker wrote:
sinhadee wrote:
kaushikb wrote:
Has nyone heard??

No, wednesday isn't too early. As I posted before, me and a friend both got accepted before 9 am on wednesday while the notification deadline was on friday (different admissions coordinator - Round 2 July 2010 intake). I am convinced they are calling people already. :)

I can see the sadistic and smug look on your face as we keep waiting! :twisted: :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Engineering - Logistics
Schools:INSEAD - Jan 2011
Send PM
Suker wrote:
I am convinced they are calling people already. :)

Can you feel the pressure? :lol:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Crezence wrote:
tryinghard wrote:
Guys,

I am planning to apply in R2 and have a question. In tha application there is a question "Briefly summarise your most recent job responsibilities", this is besides the the job description essay.

I have already defined my job description in the "Please give a detailed description of your job," essay. So how can I best utilize this space?

I did something like what cjanoam did. Theres limited space in that space provided (i think its 4 lines or so), so the thing is to quickly and efficiently establish your key responsibilities. Think of it as the writing equivalent of the elevator pitch on what you do @ work

Hope that helps

On the site where the details of your aplication are listed (application recd, online recs recd etc, at the bottom there is a window for typing the application acceptance number, which is supposed to tell you the status of your complete application. I tried typing my applicatio acceptance id but no go. Has it worked for anybody? :!:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools:HBS - Class of 2012, INSEAD,
 Q50  V42
Send PM
rishiphadke wrote:

I can see the sadistic and smug look on your face as we keep waiting! :twisted: :)

Actually, it's more like: 'I can feel your pain cause I went through it as well a few months ago'. This whole application process from start to end is so painful ...
I really hope you all make it in. :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  25   26   27   28   29   30   31  ...  70