Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:50 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 270 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: social enterprise
Schools:University of Michigan Ross/SNRE (Erb Institute)
 Q44  V47
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
Current Student
 Q44  V47
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: ADMITTED ROSS CLASS 2012 [#permalink]
conmisdosmanos wrote:
Current MBA student! I guess it counts - I'm already doing homework...

Homework? What's that?

I have a question for current Ross students. In terms of M/B/B recruiting, what percentage of those who apply get interviews? Thanks!

Also, I'm going to be at the Ross Rendezvous on June 11. Anyone else going to be there?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
milias wrote:
conmisdosmanos wrote:
Current MBA student! I guess it counts - I'm already doing homework...

Homework? What's that?

I have a question for current Ross students. In terms of M/B/B recruiting, what percentage of those who apply get interviews? Thanks!

Also, I'm going to be at the Ross Rendezvous on June 11. Anyone else going to be there?

So I asked specifically this and many other questions related to this to my Student Guide during GBR. From my understanding, it's not crazy hard to GET an interview, but rather hard to get through the interview.

He said about 100 will get an interview for McK (from my understanding McK is closed list). So saying from a class of 500 I would imagine only about 50% want consulting jobs, with at 30% finance, and 20% everything. and having major overlap of the 3 M/B/B I would probably guess 150 interview spots. Now here's what else he added. Those 100 will be interviewing for 10 spots, so 10% admit rate. Having a background in consulting would help obviously.

So based on my guestimate, I would say of the 60% of those who want a consulting interview from MBB will get one. Can be higher can be lower. There's also non-MBB firms. Also I think B/B have open spots that you can bid for.
Current Student
 Q44  V47
Send PM
Have you guys started CareerLeader, etc. yet? They've already asked us to do that and another test for Erb, and to schedule appointments with OCD this month. Yow. It's sort of fascinating, though - pointing out a lot of things I'd never directly think about otherwise.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
GoBruins wrote:
So I asked specifically this and many other questions related to this to my Student Guide during GBR. From my understanding, it's not crazy hard to GET an interview, but rather hard to get through the interview.

He said about 100 will get an interview for McK (from my understanding McK is closed list). So saying from a class of 500 I would imagine only about 50% want consulting jobs, with at 30% finance, and 20% everything. and having major overlap of the 3 M/B/B I would probably guess 150 interview spots. Now here's what else he added. Those 100 will be interviewing for 10 spots, so 10% admit rate. Having a background in consulting would help obviously.

So based on my guestimate, I would say of the 60% of those who want a consulting interview from MBB will get one. Can be higher can be lower. There's also non-MBB firms. Also I think B/B have open spots that you can bid for.

Thanks for the detailed statistics. This makes me feel better, well, as far as interviews go. Actually landing the gig is a whole different story.

conmisdosmanos wrote:
Have you guys started CareerLeader, etc. yet? They've already asked us to do that and another test for Erb, and to schedule appointments with OCD this month. Yow. It's sort of fascinating, though - pointing out a lot of things I'd never directly think about otherwise.

I haven't signed up for it yet, but I did register for QSW. My M-Trek is still up in the air, though.
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
conmisdosmanos wrote:

I took it like the day after I was accepted :P let's compare results
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
milias wrote:

Thanks for the detailed statistics. This makes me feel better, well, as far as interviews go. Actually landing the gig is a whole different story.

McK has a written test first, then 2 cases, then situation interview. Talking with some people from Kellogg, Ross has the best case studies. The Kellogg students use Ross' study guide.
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
anu1979 wrote:
I took it and emailed OCD for an appointment. It was definitely quite interesting-I thought I recognized some questions patterned after the MBTI test. I've been an INTP on the MBTI test since I was 16...but I ended up with "securities dealer" as best profession match.

Mine is funny,

Apparently I am good at:
Manager Science/Engineer
Manager for Research and Development
Non-Profit administrator.

So Basically I should continue working where I work :P
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 686 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: sustainability, social enterprise, design
Schools:Erb Institute: Ross | SNRE
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Kudos
milias wrote:
Homework? What's that?

From what I've seen during the recruiting process, anyone extremely dedicated to the recruiting and interview process will get what they aim for. This means practice interviews with student and career counselors, talking to MBA2s and alumni, learning about the companies you're recruiting for, etc. If you're laser focused, you should get what you want. If you come across as uncertain, if your statements about a specific company could easily be swapped for another, if your responses are superficial, you will have a tough time making it to final round interviews.

Anyone that's consulting-leaning should pick up Case in Point. The Consulting Club may offer it for a discount when the school year starts (they did last year), but if you want to get a head start, you could begin practicing. A consulting interview can be practiced for - just like a standardized test. They fit a specific structure to a great extent. The rest is thinking on your feet and you can't really change how you do that, but you can get better at it.

By the way, don't start freaking out. It's so easy to freak out and I'm sure you will see people freaking out when recruiting starts. But don't. An internship is important and sure, a full time job offer upon graduating is as well. But those two things are not going to determine the rest of your life. Keep this advice in your back pocket :). It sounds silly and obvious right now, but believe me, this will good to remember in the fall.

Enjoy the summer! Go on an MTrek! By the way, there may be a new MTrek popping up that's around Gulf Coast volunteerism. Stay tuned.
Current Student
 Q44  V47
Send PM
I'm supposed to be an entrepreneur, a retail manager, or an advertising account manager. So yeah, doing what I've done... Or become Don Draper. :). Under no circumstances am I to go into finance, accounting, banking or real estate.

I'd be interested to take this test again after the first year or our first internships. What if we just tend to pick the answers we're comfortable with?

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Just took the test - took a while. Here's mine:

General Management
Non-Profits (Administrators in Higher Education, Government and Human Services)
Production and Operations Management

This is all very, very different from what I'm doing now. On the one hand, I'm happy, because going to business school as a career switcher makes sense for me based on this test; on the other hand, it means that I've been in the wrong field for the last 5 or 6 years of my life??? And that's not including undergrad/grad.

Apparently, I'm a "very high match" for Production and Operations Management. I've never even considered this, like ever. I'm glad that GM showed up, but kinda surprised that neither marketing nor MC showed up. I only see myself doing non-profit stuff in my spare time, but not as a professional career.

Not the results I was expecting. Hmm.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools:Michigan 2012
Send PM
Hey all -- question for you. I'm likely going on an M-trek, but it would force me to miss QSR. I really think any tune up of my quant skills would be useful, but an M-trek could represent a once in a lifetime opportunity, so I'm not sure how best to proceed. Does anyone have a sense of how introductory QSR is? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Also, I'm headed out to Ross this Friday, and hope to see some you there.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools:Michigan 2012
Send PM
milias wrote:
Just took the test - took a while. Here's mine:

General Management
Non-Profits (Administrators in Higher Education, Government and Human Services)
Production and Operations Management

This is all very, very different from what I'm doing now. On the one hand, I'm happy, because going to business school as a career switcher makes sense for me based on this test; on the other hand, it means that I've been in the wrong field for the last 5 or 6 years of my life??? And that's not including undergrad/grad.

Apparently, I'm a "very high match" for Production and Operations Management. I've never even considered this, like ever. I'm glad that GM showed up, but kinda surprised that neither marketing nor MC showed up. I only see myself doing non-profit stuff in my spare time, but not as a professional career.

Not the results I was expecting. Hmm.

Very interesting.... I would be pleased if GM showed up. I want to take the test also. Where is the test available? Thank you.
Current Student
Send PM
bigdre wrote:
Very interesting.... I would be pleased if GM showed up. I want to take the test also. Where is the test available? Thank you.

I got the link off an email that Ross sent me. I think it's the regular newsletter thing.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 686 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: sustainability, social enterprise, design
Schools:Erb Institute: Ross | SNRE
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Kudos
bigdre wrote:
Hey all -- question for you. I'm likely going on an M-trek, but it would force me to miss QSR. I really think any tune up of my quant skills would be useful, but an M-trek could represent a once in a lifetime opportunity, so I'm not sure how best to proceed. Does anyone have a sense of how introductory QSR is? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Also, I'm headed out to Ross this Friday, and hope to see some you there.

on qsw - sign up, don't go. you can pick up the materials later. when i went to get mine post mtrek, they didn't even check if i had registered. you'll be happy you went on mtrek rather than go to qsw. and some of the profs will provide you the qsw materials as well.
Current Student
Send PM
Here's something else interesting from my career assessment test:

"Your assessment indicates that you tend to be agreeable, trusting, generous, sincere, and sympathetic. People find you easy to get along with, and you place a priority on maintaining friendly relationships with everyone. These are wonderful qualities, but some work situations call for less sympathy and more toughness, shrewdness, and assertiveness. In these circumstances, being overly trusting and accommodating could tempt others to take advantage of you, or keep you from effectively championing your good ideas."

So basically they're saying I'm too nice and need to be more of a douchebag if I want to survive in business. Great.

Kinda reminds me about the time that my mom said essentially the same thing. I guess moms do know best, huh?

Now where can I go to learn to become a douchebag?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts