Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 22:24 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 22:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Schools:Edinburgh, Cranfield, ESADE
WE 1: 2 years
WE 2: 3 years
Send PM
Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink]
ChrisMac & Feel - Can both of you provide details on your profiles? I just submitted my app to ESADE and am anxiously awaiting their decisions as to whether they want to interview.

Thanks and congrats to those who have been accepted!
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V40
Send PM
UK2010Please wrote:
ChrisMac & Feel - Can both of you provide details on your profiles? I just submitted my app to ESADE and am anxiously awaiting their decisions as to whether they want to interview.

i'm italian, 32 and i work in a small financial asset management italian company. i'd like to have an international experience and switch to a job closer to industry e.g. starting from financial consultancy. GMAT score 720.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
feel wrote:
UK2010Please wrote:

i'm italian, 32 and i work in a small financial asset management italian company. i'd like to have an international experience and switch to a job closer to industry e.g. starting from financial consultancy. GMAT score 720.

Thanks! I'm coming from a small NYC asset manager looking to get into renewables and I too am looking for the international exposure.

Europe is moving along in the renewable space faster than we are in the US so I am solely applying to European schools.

Congrats on your admit. Hopefully I can share the same good news in the near future.
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V40
Send PM
UK2010Please wrote:
feel wrote:
UK2010Please wrote:

Thanks! I'm coming from a small NYC asset manager looking to get into renewables and I too am looking for the international exposure.

Europe is moving along in the renewable space faster than we are in the US so I am solely applying to European schools.

Congrats on your admit. Hopefully I can share the same good news in the near future.

nooooo i cant believe it ! I forgot to write that me too i'm looking to get into renewables and it is one of the reasons I applied to ESADE! I really hope you will be accepted and enrolled!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks, feel and cptoronto, and congrats on the admits!

Wow, my adcom is fantastic. She got back to me today and said I passed the first round and will be interviewing, and she'll see if they can also get the decision made by June 28 as well. Love it!

Profile: 33, M, from the US, 710 GMAT, in marketing now but looking to take it global. Fingers crossed that the Global Marketing scholarship will still be up for grabs by the end of the month. :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business
Schools:ESADE, THUNDERBIRD, EMLYON, IVEY, SMURFIT
 Q43  V23 GMAT 2: 650  Q47  V32
GPA: 4.45
WE 1: ESADE
Send PM
feel wrote:
from the US, 710 GMAT, in marketing now but looking to take it global. Fingers crossed that the Global Marketing scholarship will still be up for grabs by the end of the month

Hi Chrish, strong GMAT score :D, I too would like to explore global business. :D

All the best and hope to see you in Barcelona.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance, projects
Schools:INSEAD - dinged; IE-admit; ISB - admit; IIMB-admit; SPJain- admit; IIM C- Admit, IIM A - Dinged after interview. Finally joining IIM B
GMAT 2: 680 GMAT 3: 720
GPA: 3.7
WE 1: 3
WE 2: 2
WE 3: 2
Send PM
guys, i plan to apply for ESADE, Do i have a chance now? or its already too late. my gmat is on 16th july...pl advise on some good schools to apply after that date
Intern
Intern
Send PM
meghash3 wrote:
guys, i plan to apply for ESADE, Do i have a chance now? or its already too late. my gmat is on 16th july...pl advise on some good schools to apply after that date

Hey, Meghash. You could email them to confirm, but they said 5/30 was the final deadline for all non-EU applications. Most other schools are wrapped up now too, though there's a few like IE and Cranfield that have rolling decisions, and even if they can't place you in their fall class they'll just defer you to their Spring '11 class. Probably your best shot?

Originally posted by ChrisMac on 10 Jun 2010, 11:49.
Last edited by ChrisMac on 11 Jun 2010, 04:49, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yeah, and also some have January intake, you still have plenty of time for it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance, projects
Schools:INSEAD - dinged; IE-admit; ISB - admit; IIMB-admit; SPJain- admit; IIM C- Admit, IIM A - Dinged after interview. Finally joining IIM B
GMAT 2: 680 GMAT 3: 720
GPA: 3.7
WE 1: 3
WE 2: 2
WE 3: 2
Send PM
guys,
Is there still socpe for applying for the Dec 10/jan 11 intake for ESADE. I am taking GMAT on 16th july.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy management
Schools:ESADE, IESE, HEC
 Q47  V31
GPA: 3.21
Send PM
ESADE only has fall Intake.. Dec/Jan intake are in RSM Erasmus and IE i think.

If you are interested in going to ESADE then you will have to apply in September-october 2010 for Aug 2011 program!...

good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
INSEAD also has January admissions. I think IE is April.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any results on those applying at the end of May?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Had the interview on Friday, no word yet.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got the accept email this morning, couldn't be more excited. :) 17-day turnaround from application to admission? Love those guys.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I was reading the ESADE test question posted elsewhere, which had a long introductory blurb extolling the school's 'virtues'. This is what I think.

Before tackling the question, I would dispel some of the untruths contained in the preamble. These are:

(1) Promoting a juster society. ESADE makes the right noises and some of the students go off into the bush to build huts in South America and that kind of stuff but the school has no real interest in doing the things that would make a real difference: curbing multinationals, ending the winner-takes-all ethos, stopping the corporate take-over of goveernment and so on. ESADE is always blowing its CSR trumpet but it is all so much hot air. The school was founded during the Franco dictatorship and much of its retrograde social ethos and make-up lingers on.
(2) ESADE's' interest' in the environment and green tech is a bad joke. Spain is one of the most least environmentally aware countries in Europe and ESADE exemplifies this attitude in spades.
(3) When it says 'international' it means a large number of students are from South America and so are also Spanish-speaking. The institution's mind set is irremediably 'Spanish' and this is a handicap. If you want to learn Spanish, do something else. Besides, Barcelona is in Catalonia and that means you will have Catalan to contend with too. If you want to learn business, choose a real English-speaking institution because ESADE is not it.
(4) The School is underfunded and it shows in a thousand ways: 'me-too research', swathes of part-time lecturers, teaching resources far behind the cutting edge and so on.

ESADE might suit you if you have to choose a third-tier business school but you could also do a lot better.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Rajah,

You might want to change your negative opinions about ESADE, I am going to be a 2nd year MBA student at ESADE soon and so far my experience has been awesome. I am currently doing my internship at Naturix, one of the 10 social businesses chosen by Momentum Project (an initiative of ESADE & BBVA). I am dealing with environmental, social issues... There are also tons of seminars, activities going on with the same topics... In terms of internationality, there are 46 nationalities last year, and 45 the one before that, i don't how many there are this year. You can take a look at our "ESADE lipdub" and count up to 46, I am pretty sure that the majority doesn't come neither from Spain nor South America :) (just google it).
BTW, I was also contacted by Mckinsey today, so wish me luck :)

Good luck,

D.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts