Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 14:26 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance
Schools:NYU
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: New York Cares Team Leader Volunteer
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, HR
Schools:Stern, Zicklin, Fordham
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 2 years @ Insurance
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink]
Nope no access...They mentioned a website but it was not opening yet...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Schools:NYU Stern/Fordham/Rutgers
GPA: 3.47
WE 1: 3 years
Send PM
Kudos
I got into the Washington Square Weeknights program!!! So excited.

By the way, I haven't received an email yet, I just happened to check the website. When you log in there may be a button on the bottom that says "View Status Letter". I am assuming the server is swamped with all the notifications going out right now, so I will probably get it shortly. And I don't know if I will believe it until I get the official letter! But you might want to check your websites if you haven't received an email yet. Good luck!

:-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Congratulations to everyone who got in !!!!!
I have got to stop staring at my email and refreshing it million times... lol...
it seems to me that everyone who got their acceptances today opted for the Washington Square Weeknights program. Any1 got in the westchester option yet????
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Congratulations and welcome to Stern to all those accepted! Preterm is 9-6 both days, so it is a full weekend, but totally worth it.
First round acceptances went out today for all three programs. I have a friend who got into Westchester today, too.
Hang in there, it is still very early in the game.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Great job to all who got in :) I will admit to freaking out initially when I read that some of you guys got in and I heard nothing. This is probably the most agonizing part of the entire application process.

Whatever the case is, good luck and keep the faith! :)

PS: If I do get in, cupcake treats are on me. And I make a kick-case chocolate fudge cupcake :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Congrats to all who have been accepted!!

Question.....is there a deadline to accept NYU's offer of admissions? I am curious if NYU waits for the accepted people to respond before they continue with their second round of offers. I am assuming they would continue to offer admissions as long as there is space availability??

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Hi

Amitlak...I got in today the Washington Square Weekend program.

And yes, there is a deadline ST...you have 3 weeks from the day you get accepted to make a $2000 deposit.

And there is also another registration process/tour. I don't know what this tour entails, but both of these things (deposit + registration) must be completed by 8/10/10.

Good luck to everyone!!!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
congrats to everyone who got in! hopefully the following days will bring more good news to the the rest of us.

A request/suggestion: could those who post the acceptance news post a quick one line summary of their profile as well in the signatures of their announcement?

Wonder how the offers will be going out - like, every day after today, little by little , or another bunch a few days later? How many went out today, what percentage, I wonder?
As expected, there are more offers being made to the weeknights program compared to the weekend one, going by the posts and assuming that gmatclub is a very popular forum.

PS: @ST1705: I will pray for the chance to join in the cup-cake celebration you will be hosting at Stern this Fall for all of us :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All - I've been watching this thread for a while now and figured i'd join in.

26 (about to be 27)/M
GMAT: 690
Undergrad GPA: 3.2 (top 20 school)
Work Exp: 5yrs - 1 yr with large bank, 4 yrs with hedge fund jr trader / risk analyst
Essays / Recs: should be fine i think/hope
Extras: CAIA charter holder, some charity and volunteer work, lots of sports, and addicted to house re-runs on usa and bravo (not sure if that counts)

congrats to those who have received good news

good luck to those who are still waiting to hear...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Congratulations to everyone who's been accepted. One note on the "database" of students - it most likely won't be available until a week or so before orientation. I was accepted last fall and that was my experience.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Just got my notification email and acceptance letter - appears they are still in the process of sending some out.

Good luck everybody!
Intern
Intern
Schools:NYU Stern
Send PM
Congratulations stillwaiting. What program are you in?

I am still waiting too...

stillwaiting wrote:
Just got my notification email and acceptance letter - appears they are still in the process of sending some out.

Good luck everybody!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
What do you mean by the following statement:

"When you apply you rank order which program options you want to be considered for (weekends, weeknights or westchester), you can also only apply to one or two if you want. You are only accepted into one program option. You will take your core classes in that program. After two semesters you can take classes in the other program options if space is available, after 5 semesters (which include fall, spring, summer) you can register for classes in weeknights, weekends or westchester. "

I thought there was one application for the PT MBA program and you rank your choice of preference (weekends, weeknights or westchester). So, if you did not exclude a choice, shouldn't they evaluate your application for all three options?
Intern
Intern
Schools:NYU Stern
Send PM
In the instruction it says if you are unable to attend for one option, you should not put it there. Since weekend is the only option for me, I did not choose the other two.

You can certainly put all three there and rank them, they will evaluate your application for all three I think.

Ubs2010 wrote:
What do you mean by the following statement:

"When you apply you rank order which program options you want to be considered for (weekends, weeknights or westchester), you can also only apply to one or two if you want. You are only accepted into one program option. You will take your core classes in that program. After two semesters you can take classes in the other program options if space is available, after 5 semesters (which include fall, spring, summer) you can register for classes in weeknights, weekends or westchester. "

I thought there was one application for the PT MBA program and you rank your choice of preference (weekends, weeknights or westchester). So, if you did not exclude a choice, shouldn't they evaluate your application for all three options?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
It's one application, but a question asking you to rank order your choices. You will only be considered for the options you rank order. You can only do one, or do two or do all three, but you have to express a preference.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: New York Cares Team Leader Volunteer
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, HR
Schools:Stern, Zicklin, Fordham
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 2 years @ Insurance
Send PM
congrats. stillwaiting! I guess you are no longer waiting! LOL.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
Schools:NYU
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Seems like it's gone quiet...

Does anyone know if they'll send out acceptances every few days, or if they're going to wait until the 3-week "acceptance period" has passed for the people who've already rec'd letters?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  31