Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:23 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:NYU Stern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink]
I'm getting nervous as well. I still haven't heard and submitted on 5/14. ChickenDinner, we're in the same boat!

The longer I wait to hear, the more anxious I'm going to get!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Me neither :( I submitted May 11 and it've been radio-silence since.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
i submitted pretty early, around end of april.
maybe they haven't gotten to your applications yet.
hang in there! we still have a month and a half until the deadline.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
submitted mine on May 8th at around 10:30pm.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
For those of you who got admitted: I paid the deposit this morning and faxed the forms, how long does it take them to confirm receipt of payment and forms? I even emailed the adcom but got no response yet.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
Schools:NYU
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
I submitted on the 13th, but I know my 2nd letter of reccommendation wasn't submitted until the afternoon on the 15th (absent-minded superior). Again... silence ever since.
Intern
Intern
Schools:NYU Stern
Send PM
I submitted my application on May 15.

Have not received the hard copy acceptance letter yet...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ukyo wrote:
I submitted my application on May 15.

Have not received the hard copy acceptance letter yet...

Have you paid the deposit yet? Just trying to make sure everything went through...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
My deposit (and medical info) went in the mail on Tuesday. I faxed Ad Com on Monday morning. I haven't heard back regarding any of these items.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
I submitted 9:30 pm may 15 and my transcripts reached NYU on may 18th.
I am in process of doing the kroll verification right now. my employer 1 comes up correctly with the name of the company (my current employer). However, for employer2, there is no box to fill out the name of the company. it only asks for phone number, salary details and start/end date. anyone else got this problem?? im just assuming that employer 2 is my previous employer!!
any insights on this would be really helpful!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I've followed this thread for a while and was afraid to jump in. I got into the Washington Square Weeknights yesterday as a re-applicant. I figured I'd post my stats:

25/m-Caucasian
690 (92% verbal, 68% quant., 5.5 AWA)
3.84 undergrad (smaller school in DC area)
3.5 years work experience in corporate finance at a $2bil/year company
Good rec's/essays
Extra curricular: audit chairman at a charitable org, regular blood donor, couple of softball leagues

As far as paying, my company's policy is to reimburse 100% for an "A" and 50% for a "B" or "C". I'm trying to work something out outside of the policy, but I'm not optimistic. Either way, I still need to take out loans up front...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
congrats to the new admits. I had submitted my application on 15th, and had sent in my transcripts etc the day before.

Erik, could you update the spreadsheet as well? the URL is
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... l=en#gid=0
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: New York Cares Team Leader Volunteer
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, HR
Schools:Stern, Zicklin, Fordham
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 2 years @ Insurance
Send PM
Thanks for everyone's kind words!

erik7, Talk about an incentive to get an A. Guess you won't be socializing much, huh?

Yeah, I have just accepted the fact that I will most likely be nearly 100K in debt for the next 5-10 years. Luckily for me, I got scholarships for both a private high school and private undergrad, so I have no loans. Guess it is about time I pay my dues.

To be clear, my company does offer 100% tuition reimbursement (for any grade above a C) plus $500 for books per semester. However, tuition reimbursement is at the discretion of your manager. And he was quick to tell me, right after he denied my request for a rec, that he wasn't going to support any requests for tuition reimbursements. Oh well.

I submitted my application on May 15th at 12 Noon. For those that had anything reach after the May 15th deadline, NYU seems to be pretty clear on the fact that they will notify you later than those that submitted on or before the deadline. So hang in there!!!

Lastly, I haven't done anything yet. I am still soaking it in. But I'm going to start by moving some money into my checking account to pay the deposit, do the new student tour, and begin the Kroll background check. I believe the whole thing takes about 5 weeks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,
As some of the others, I've been reading for a bit, so I decided to post my stats. I haven't heard back yet and submitted in early March. My stats are:

26/m-Caucasian
730 (99% verbal, 75% quant., 5.5 AWA)
3.6 Undergrad at Notre Dame
4 years work experience in corporate finance at a fortune 50 company
CPA
Good rec's/essays
Extra curricular: marathon runner (fundraise for charities), treasurer for a non-profit

Still waiting, hoping to hear soon.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Erik7 - what did you do to improve your application package as a 2nd time applicant?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
LEmeY wrote:
Erik7 - what did you do to improve your application package as a 2nd time applicant?

As I'm a reapplicant myself I figured I'd chime in: I was waitlisted til 1/22 then rejected, so I re-took the GMAT and improved by 60 points (600 to 660). I also was lucky enough to get accepted for a better position at my company a couple of days before submitting my application so that may have helped too. The 2nd time around I also submitted essay #4 to explain the above. Didn't re-write #3 as I thought that was good already. I think my main issue was my 1st gmat score being out of the 80% range.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I was flat out rejected on the notification day last time around. This time, I made sure to make improvements to all three of the sections under "Selection Criteria" (academic profile, professional achievements and aspirations, and personal characteristics). I re-took the gmats and went from a 600 to a 690 with my biggest improvement coming on the quantitative section (from the info session I went to at NYU, this is probably the most important section). I received a promotion at work and made sure I conveyed very clear-cut career goals and objectives. Finally, I took on more leadership roles in my activities, such as becoming the audit committee chairman for our district at a charitable organization as opposed to just being a general member. Like Nick79 said, I wrote all about this in Essay #4, and I did not re-do Essay #3. I had 2 letters of recommendation again (only one was required), and they were from the same two people as my first application.

To answer another question on this thread, I submitted my application about 11 p.m. the day before the deadline (so basically 24 hrs before the deadline).

LEmeY, did this help at all?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  31