Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:55 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72865 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Knewton GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Concentration: AWA, Personal Statements, Sentence Correction
Schools:BA Amherst College, MFA Brooklyn College
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3593 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Re: Princeon Free CAT and Knewton Free CAT [#permalink]
In quant there is definitely some issue.
I had only one wrong answer and got Q50 and that too was 9th question. This is not possible.

The test is from 60 and above 51 is not shown for some reason but Q50 with 1 wrong answer anywhere at the test is wrong IMO.
Even if 1st question was wrong and rest all 36 were right, I would have scored Q51 on the real exam.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 176 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Princeon Free CAT and Knewton Free CAT [#permalink]
Hi,same for me.

diagnostic CAT : 580-->q36/v35 (8wrong in q and 14wrong in verbal )
knewton CAT 1 : 680 --> q49/v32 (6 wrong in q and 15 wrong in verbal)
knewton CAT 2 : 580 --> q39/v32 (8 wrong in Q and 11 wrong in verbal)

after getiing scores in extremes 680-580 just in 4days range,
i'm nt sure how much i'll score in real gmat.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
I wonder if that bug is still in effect because I had the same problem on the diagnostic I just took. I missed way less questions than I ususally do (MGMAT and GMATPrep) but scored lower than almost all my previous tries. I know the whole claim about it not being about how many you miss, but something smells fishy when you get 11 more questions right (vs. MGMAT) on quant and 5 more on verbal but your score goes down 80 pts. I mean, someone's gotta be off. But my Knewton score (620) is also significantly lower than both my GMATPrep scores, which I obtained before my months of studying...so I'm leaning towards Knewton being off.

But I'm waiting to hear back from them, so we'll see. Has anyone taken the actual GMAT and compared it to their Knewton scores? If it's not an accurate predictor I'm not sure I want to continue...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
HI agmatclubb!
The same thing happened with me. I also had 4 quants wrong & got disappointing 46. 3 out of the last 8 were wrong.
in Verbal got 32 (though only 9 wrong) the questions were no less simpler.
Overall got 640.

agmatclubb wrote:
I have my GMAT 1month from now..
Untill now I have tried 2 CAT's--Free Princeton--710(q 50,v 39) and Knewton Newton CAT -640(Q-47,V-30)
Any pointers on how well is my prepration..and how accurate are these scores wrt to actual GMAT. pATICULARILY KNEWTON AS MY JUST MADE 4 MISTAKES 3 OF THEM IN LAST 7 QUESTION YET SCORE OF 47
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi!
I took the Knewton Free CAT today
This is how i performed:

Verbal:
37 correct, 5 incorrect. score = 43 (96 percentile)

Quant:
34 correct, 3 incorrect. score = 49 (87 percentile) (I marked wrong answers for ques 9, ques 36 and ques 37)

Overall = 750 (99 percentile)

Please clarify the following:

1) In quants, GMAT prep awarded me 51 for 4 incorrect ques, 50 for 7 incorrect ques. How does the scoring method for Knewton works? Do I have to answer all questions correctly to get a 51??

2) Was it because of the 2 wrong answers at the end of quants, that I got 49?? Does finishing a section with a right answer matter so much.

3) What is level of difficulty of Knewton's free CAT compared to the actual GMAT. I need this information in order to decide whether to go for the paid course or not. I have taken 6 MGMAT CATs, which I found to be tough compared to GMAT prep
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Hi vivnitrel

I guess you should take Knewton course. If your don't get 800 they will refund you....lol

jokes apart
I got 3 wrong in GMAT prep and I scored 51 in quant.
In knewton, I got 6 wrong and I scored 39 in quant.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
nikhilkatira wrote:
Hi vivnitrel

I guess you should take Knewton course. If your don't get 800 they will refund you....lol

jokes apart
I got 3 wrong in GMAT prep and I scored 51 in quant.
In knewton, I got 6 wrong and I scored 39 in quant.

good idea nikhil :)
waiting for an expert/ a representative from knewton to comment

Vivek
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Princeon Free CAT and Knewton Free CAT [#permalink]
Quote:
Quote:
Hi DoggDetroit,

Thanks for your feedback. We wanted to let you know that we have identified a bug which affected your most recent CATs and have corrected it. (The short explanation: the scoring is correct for the questions you saw but the engine didn't present quite enough sufficiently difficult items to enable you to demonstrate a higher score.) A small number of other students were also affected, and we're notifying them now. We're very sorry for any inconvenience. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if anything else comes up: support@knewton.com. Best of luck on your upcoming GMAT!

Sincerely,
Josh Anish
Senior Editor, Knewton
https://www.knewton.com

Quote:

Has this issue been resolved yet? I just took a Knewton CAT. I missed 11 Quant questions and received a score of 32. Sorry, but that CANNOT be accurate. I took a GMAT Prep test a few weeks ago and missed 13 questions and scored a 43 on that Quants section. Sorry Knewton, but this cannot be accurate. The variation in scoring for the two tests is TOOOO great.

Please explain.
Knewton GMAT Representative
Send PM
Hi bovice, thanks for writing in. That issue was resolved at the time of the post and was limited to a few dozen students. Looking through our psychometric stats I don't see any pool anomalies over the last few weeks. If you want to PM me your email address I can look up your exact administration and give you some details. And in general, I'll again emphasize that CATs are nothing like linear exams in the importance of # right/wrong. The official GMAT specifically does not include this information on score reports for just this reason.

Best,
Chris
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts