Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:41 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools: Ross '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:Duke 2012
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Re: Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants [#permalink]
You beat me to it, highhopes. The numbers are looking good. Internship hiring is promising!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
i live about 12 hours from duke. is it better for me to wait for the adcom to offer interview or ask for one first? Wouldnt waiting for them to ask mean they are interested? I also noticed they do city interviews so hopefully NY is there...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 288
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
shaselai wrote:
i live about 12 hours from duke. is it better for me to wait for the adcom to offer interview or ask for one first? Wouldnt waiting for them to ask mean they are interested? I also noticed they do city interviews so hopefully NY is there...

From what I've read and heard Duke allows you to schedule interviews for the first few rounds. Heading to Durham also shows that you are really interested in the program (as with any school I suppose). I'm applying EA and plan to interview end of September and turn in my application with updated essays within a week of the interview.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy Consulting
Schools:HEC Paris, , Tepper
Send PM
Hi!

Considering to apply for Fuqua fulll-time MBA for the class of 2013.

One of the main motivations for me to go for an MBA is to switch industry, and I've been searching for a job placement sheet in Fuqua's internet site. The site is feature-rich and provides a lot of information, but I cannot seem to come across with any job placement-related statistics. Does anyone know where to look at?

Thanks!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
almostfamous wrote:
Hi!

One of the main motivations for me to go for an MBA is to switch industry, and I've been searching for a job placement sheet in Fuqua's internet site. The site is feature-rich and provides a lot of information, but I cannot seem to come across with any job placement-related statistics. Does anyone know where to look at?

Thanks!

highhopes just pasted the link a few posts above :)
https://www.fuquaworld.duke.edu/cmcfiles ... 6-1-10.pdf
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy Consulting
Schools:HEC Paris, , Tepper
Send PM
Avernusaur wrote:
almostfamous wrote:
Hi!

Thanks!

highhopes just pasted the link a few posts above :)
https://www.fuquaworld.duke.edu/cmcfiles ... 6-1-10.pdf

Excellent! Thanks, Avernusaur! These are the most elaborated statistics on the subject I have seen so far about any school.

As an international without U.S. working visa, I am a little scared to look at these statistics. Only 60 % of the international graduates have secured permanent jobs so far...ouch!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools:Fuqua
 Q47  V44
WE 1: 4 years management strategy in defense sector
Send PM
Kudos
Please remove me from the list of applicants. Against all my expectations, I was just accepted off of the waitlist and will be going to Fuqua starting this Fall. Once I get my bearings, hopefully I will be able to help you all with your applications.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools: Ross '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Congrats!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GPA: 3.5
WE:Corporate Finance (Real Estate)
Send PM
Round 2 applicant here...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools:DukeTuck,Kelogg,Darden
 Q48  V36 GMAT 2: 730  Q50  V38
Send PM
Re-Applicant here.... still thinking whether to apply in ED or R1, one question are all ED IVs by invitation!!!! I was hoping to do an IV in the open IV period but the website says that they encourage reapps to apply in ED....

i was dinged with no IV ....... GMAT (690) retaking next week.......

any thoughts,suggestions ppl..........

and yeah do remember that if you attend a duke info session app fees is just $50.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Duke
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Hi All,

count me in in R1 - I think. I am not convinced I want to do ED. The drawbacks of not being able to negotiate for scholarships as efficiently as later round admits, as well as not being able to wait for other school replies before deciding is a bit of a dealbreaker for me.

Do we have any hard number on how many people get admitted ED compared to other rounds - I have not seen any???

One more question folks, I have been digging around Fuqua's webpage, but have not been able to find more than a 1 or 2 sentence description for each of the courses in the HSM concentration. Found the info for the general stuff https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/student_resou ... ntrations/ though. Has anyone been able to find more detailed info for the HSM courses ?
Director
Director
Send PM
ThomasD wrote:
Hi All,

count me in in R1 - I think. I am not convinced I want to do ED. The drawbacks of not being able to negotiate for scholarships as efficiently as later round admits, as well as not being able to wait for other school replies before deciding is a bit of a dealbreaker for me.

Do we have any hard number on how many people get admitted ED compared to other rounds - I have not seen any???

One more question folks, I have been digging around Fuqua's webpage, but have not been able to find more than a 1 or 2 sentence description for each of the courses in the HSM concentration. Found the info for the general stuff https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/student_resou ... ntrations/ though. Has anyone been able to find more detailed info for the HSM courses ?

Have you looked here? Some still have no description, but the ones that do may be better (you need to check the boxes for all four quarters if they the link doesn't have them checked). I will check when I get back home if I have anything more from visiting, though I think I threw out all the promotional stuff when I started packing. If there are specific classes you want more information about, let me know and I can try and get it for you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools:Stanford, Haas, Stern
Send PM
Hi - count me in for R1. Also, what are peoples strategies for the interview (are you going to innitiate an interview or wait to see if you get invited)? Also, are the invited interviews blind?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.74
Send PM
Received an e-mail about the application going live today. Does anyone know when you will be able to set up a self-initiated interview?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
Silvers wrote:
Re-Applicant here.... still thinking whether to apply in ED or R1, one question are all ED IVs by invitation!!!! I was hoping to do an IV in the open IV period but the website says that they encourage reapps to apply in ED....

Last year you can self initiate the interview even for the EA round. There were people admitted in EA round who did self initiated interviews. It sounds like that Duke really wants reapps to demonstrate strong interest in Fuqua, encouraging reapps to apply EA. Thus I would encourage you to do self initiated interview to demonstrate said interest.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GPA: 3.5
WE:Corporate Finance (Real Estate)
Send PM
So if we plan on applying in Rd 1 or 2, should we self initiate the interview? Getting to Durham is no problem for me... just a matter of weighing the pros and cons
Director
Director
Send PM
DCMike wrote:
So if we plan on applying in Rd 1 or 2, should we self initiate the interview? Getting to Durham is no problem for me... just a matter of weighing the pros and cons

I think since you're close, you definitely should. Fuqua is one of those schools that really likes to see you show your interest.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  133   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts