Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:46 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: GM / Strategy
Schools:Yale SOM '12
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 104 [0]
Concentration: Getting candidates into great schools!
Schools:Harvard, Wharton, Stanford, Columbia, Chicago, MIT, NYU, Yale, +
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: What should i do? [#permalink]
adude wrote:
I'm going to take a shot at clarifying some of your confusion, you are coming from. If you're coming from India, as a computer programmer, you are not underrepresented in any way. Therefore, it will be difficult to play the diversity angle and overcome a low GMAT score. If you're applying from Estonia,

Business schools do not give out many scholarships and it's nearly impossible to predict if you will get one. The only way to know for sure is to pick the schools that interest you, put together your best application, and see what happens. If you're dead set on doing an MBA in the United States, you might want to look at Thunderbird as a safety school. It has a good reputation for international business, requires knowledge of a second language, and your expected GMAT score should be good enough to get admitted.

well thanks
i dont come from india.Well i guess there are less than may 0.5%(that is not 50% ....or may be even less) students studying in top 10 or top 20 US colleges.Many reasons for it.So i just asked.Seems like diversity things are just for the slogans...

thanks for your recommenations
but what do you mean when you wrote "it's nearly impossible to predict if you will get one"
means it is impossible to get scholarship with my profile or do you mean that it is difficult to predict any body will get a scholarship....

ShellyLWatts wrote:
Hi,

I have already posted some information that relates to your question in the thread labeled "Answers to Top Questions: Applying to B-School – Part One" under the Admissions Consultants section, so definitely take a look at that.

You can talented and unique candidate--thus enticing the admissions depending on your circumstances. The fact that you have a very high GPA is useful, as that already provides something that helps to negate the notion that the GMAT is the most accurate reflection of your abilities.

Feel free to be in touch. And good luck in your admissions process!

Best wishes,
Dr. Shel Watts

thanks for your kind words...
i have been more technical web person but i love to be more a business person than programmer...i know many programming languages...i have just made official website of prime minister of my country ...i feel it will help me in recommendation section plus if i dont get scholarship i think GA would be great as i have been lecturer in university here for almost 2 years now....

Well,i have found my country's gmat average is around 430-440 so being in business i am not able to do better than 600-640 may be.I was university topper in bachelors with 99 percentile score but still i could not handle gamt well....problem with me is my strength is memory i can memorize a whole book which works in course matter as syllabus has limited boudary but gmat is unlimited...so i think that is problem with me....

any way thanks...
i am confused wheather i should prepare more(6 months now) or go for gmat...it has been 3 years now out of college so bit worried about it....
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Concentration: GM / Strategy
Schools:Yale SOM '12
Send PM
I meant it's difficult to predict if anybody will get a scholarship. They aren't always given out based on merit, so I would guess you have just as good a chance as anybody else if admitted.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
If possible please move that to Admission Consultants section (only) not inside peer review as
it has some general questions(which is not just personal review)
i just dont want peer review but experts views

or it can be deleted so that i can post it in correct section
GMAT Club Bot