Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 17:47 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 17:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 104 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [1]
Given Kudos: 3439
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Hey, I just wanted to humbly second bwizzle's post from a few pages back. I've been using GMATClub occasionally on my mobile and it's not as functional as the full version, which I think a lot of phones can handle straight up at this point. It was definitely useful on my old old blackberry but now its a little less so. In the mobile version we can't jump to the newest unread post, text is crazy big when the phone's side-rotated and the date/time, user avatar/info and links to full profile and direct reply PM are missing from each post. If it was at all possible to enable to full version for Android/IPhone devices, that would be amazing. If not, thanks for looking into it and thanks for the site.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
coaks wrote:
Hey, I just wanted to humbly second bwizzle's post from a few pages back. I've been using GMATClub occasionally on my mobile and it's not as functional as the full version, which I think a lot of phones can handle straight up at this point. It was definitely useful on my old old blackberry but now its a little less so. In the mobile version we can't jump to the newest unread post, text is crazy big when the phone's side-rotated and the date/time, user avatar/info and links to full profile and direct reply PM are missing from each post. If it was at all possible to enable to full version for Android/IPhone devices, that would be amazing. If not, thanks for looking into it and thanks for the site.

Thank you for this point. It helps to understand priority of the features.
Let me look into it. Should be possible.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
Kudos
I always have to go somewhere weird to find the GMATClub tests because there's no link to them on your tabs up top. It would be great if you could have a link to them, possibly under the Self-Prep tab.

Thanks
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
osdihg wrote:
I always have to go somewhere weird to find the GMATClub tests because there's no link to them on your tabs up top. It would be great if you could have a link to them, possibly under the Self-Prep tab.

Thanks

You are absolutely correct. This is too funny. :lol:
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
bb wrote:
osdihg wrote:

Thanks

You are absolutely correct. This is too funny. :lol:

We have added a link under the "Self Prep" right after "All GMAT Tests" - in the middle.
Thank you.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [1]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
Kudos
Great work, but maybe the Wiki pages can get a little more attention? :) (And the issue with editing Wiki pages - keeps saying invalid login) I've already mentioned this to Praetorian, but I thought I'll post here just in case :)
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
whiplash2411 wrote:
Great work, but maybe the Wiki pages can get a little more attention? :) (And the issue with editing Wiki pages - keeps saying invalid login) I've already mentioned this to Praetorian, but I thought I'll post here just in case :)

Thanks - it's been a few years since we've touched the Wiki section, so it is not unlikely - let me know what you are interested to edit/do and I will take care of it.

Thank you :)
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey,

After talking with some people on the chat, just thought I'd suggest enabling multi-user PMs within chat? :)

~whiplash.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:HEC Paris
Send PM
Kudos
please add multi-user pm in chat. :-D
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
We have disabled it after a guy emailed a bunch of people (about 1,000 on a single PM), so probably we need to limit it. What is a reasonable number of send PM's to? 5? 10? 20?
CIO
CIO
Own Kudos [?]: 1357 [0]
Given Kudos: 334
I think multi-user PMs are not allowed in Mibbit Chat widget we are using. I couldn't find an option to enable multi-user PMs there. Sorry :(
whiplash2411 wrote:
Hey,

After talking with some people on the chat, just thought I'd suggest enabling multi-user PMs within chat? :)

~whiplash.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [0]
Send PM
Quote:
I think multi-user PMs are not allowed in Mibbit Chat widget we are using. I couldn't find an option to enable multi-user PMs there. Sorry :(

That sucks :(

Quote:
We have disabled it after a guy emailed a bunch of people (about 1,000 on a single PM), so probably we need to limit it. What is a reasonable number of send PM's to? 5? 10? 20?

10 would be decent methinks?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Oh, I missed one critical piece of information - this is for chat and not forum - sorry guys. Jumped the gun. Yeah, probably not feasible...
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3593 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
probably multi pm could be allowed for people above 100+ kudos :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 244 [1]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: CPG Marketing
Schools:Chicago Booth 2013, Ross, Duke , Kellogg , Stanford, Haas
 Q41  V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Kudos
Hi I was thinking if there is not one already to get some kind of GMAT prep book exchange going? Or like a freecycle type thing in the gmatclub community where people can offer books they're done with and others can ask for ones they need...even if it takes a certain number of posts to get access.

I know after I am finally done with this GMAT business I want those books out of my sight for good and have gotten so much value out of this forum already I would be happy to give something back, I think others might feel that way too :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1952 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Not every one can afford consultants at 2500$ and beyond. Even if they can, there is so much of confusion on what he/she will get from that consultant. We have an essay vault feature that can potentially help a lot of applicants. How ever, it is obvious that a lot of our members who go on to attend the top programs do not post their essays. Honestly, what is the incentive for these top performers to share their story? We all know that the essays in the books that are sold are a joke. They are so out of reality.

Why can't We have an army of our GC admission consultants who are either in the top programs or graduated from the top programs, (ofcourse, we cannot have those who have a conflict of interest such as ones on the admissions committee etc) would like to mentor new applicants and also make an extra buck. As a pre condition, all mentors will post their essays. we can have other meaningful requirements or preconditions for both mentor and mentoree groups . Applicants will chose from our consultants and possibly even rate them. We can get to the finer details on how to implement.

You get the idea?? I can write on and on but I think we have a lot of untapped potential among our top contributors. What do you guys think?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you for the idea!

There is nothing that stops anyone from posting in the Buy/Sell/Do or Admissions consultants forum right now and offer their services openly. It can't be anything that GMAT Club can get involved though - we don't have time/resources to act as a middle person or to endorse/quality control - these things are very subjective.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  44