Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:52 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:HBS, IE, INSEAD, LBS, MIT
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:<strong>INSEAD (Starting Jan 2011)</strong>
 Q48  V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
 Q50  V41
GPA: 3.7
WE 1: 6 Yrs IT dev
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management , Strategy
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Re: INSEAD - Dec '11 waitlist [#permalink]
Mujko wrote:
Hi JZHANG2008 and Hi everyone,

Was informed today that I have been waitlisted. Could you please let me know the current figures for Serbian people?

Thank you

Hi I posted the details for you on the INSEAD Batch of 2011.

2 Serbians in this batch so far.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Span wrote:
I'm not sure if this deserves another thread, so I'll just post it here.

I'm currently planning on applying to INSEAD for the Fall 2011 intake. However, I'm starting to rethink my decision as I will be making a career change, and applying for January 2012 would allow me to use the summer break for an internship, which would be extremely helpful in my post-MBA career.

My issue is this - If I apply to INSEAD for Fall 2011, and I am accepted, can I defer my attendance until January 2012? Should I advise the ADCOM of my thoughts on this? My reason for the early application is that I am applying to other schools for Fall 2011, and while INSEAD is not my top choice, I would prefer to know definitively whether I have been accepted earlier so that I can weigh all of my school options at the same time.

Thanks!

Well if you have an admit and you have paid your fees you can theoretically differ upto the next two batches, so for e.g if you have been admitted you can then ask for a deferral for upto the next batch in the same timing.

Again, the decision is their discretion. I am unsure anyone would ask for a deferral once admitted and he has paid a portion of his fees unless there are really credible reasons.

In your case as you have not yet applied, it is better you wait till R2 , to make up your mind or apply for R1 for the next Jan intake. I agree with your thought process.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
HankScorpio wrote:
HopefulGirl wrote:
Chaitu69 -- R2 results are out next week, so maybe the waitlist will move soon after that?

Chaitu/Hopeful - as decisions have already been made for the most part, once the decisions go out, half of it will be about whether people will accept right away, decline right away, or wait until the deposit deadline, which is about a month after notification. So if anything, as most people like to procrastinate on refusing opportunities, the adcom should have the decline data points close to the end of Sept. The other half is R3 application assessment. Interview decision notification for R3 is Sept 10.

Going by past history of R1 waitlist movement, calls/emails started to go out 10-15 days after R2 interview notifications. That was probably good timing based on knowing everyone's profiles and already having interview feedback on "high potentials" from R2. So my complete speculation here is that movement will happen at the earliest from Sept 20. Likely they won't want to stretch it out that much, as the adcom seems to like to make decisions in batches, so they might wait as late as Oct 4 or even Oct 8 to start calls after gathering the R2 accept/decline data points and having a meeting to approve the waitlist movement.

HankScorpio: Did you make it through the WL. Any news from your coordinator.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi All.....i am waitlisted in R2 jan. 2011 intake....my profile is indian/690/4 years/Business Research and Competitive intelligence industry/currently located in Eastern Europe....
another waiting round begins...:(
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:HBS, IE, INSEAD, LBS, MIT
Send PM
Let's remain positive; there is still some chances!
Wait and see.
Current Student
 Q48  V38
Send PM
bhatiagp wrote:

No news, I've put aside my hopes for INSEAD D11 for now and am focusing on INSEAD J12, LBS, Said and Judge. I've also started my own consulting company and getting in for J12 would give it time to grow. Not sure which way I'll go if I get the accept for D11, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Hi @JZHANG2008 - Can you please let us know the latest count on mba connect.

Thanks a lot - KC
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools:INSEAD- D '11 Class
Send PM
Hi, everyone. There are currently 395 registered accounts for class of 11D out of which 44 (F-13, M-21) are from India.

Hang in there guys!

JZ
Send PM
HankScorpio wrote:
bhatiagp wrote:

No news, I've put aside my hopes for INSEAD D11 for now and am focusing on INSEAD J12, LBS, Said and Judge. I've also started my own consulting company and getting in for J12 would give it time to grow. Not sure which way I'll go if I get the accept for D11, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Cheers!

It sounds like you've got amazing plans for yourself. Best of luck and really hope to see you at Fonty in Jan.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
JZHANG2008 wrote:
Hi, everyone. There are currently 395 registered accounts for class of 11D out of which 44 (F-13, M-21) are from India.

Hang in there guys!

JZ

Thanks again :)
Current Student
 Q48  V38
Send PM
JZHANG2008 wrote:
It sounds like you've got amazing plans for yourself. Best of luck and really hope to see you at Fonty in Jan.

Thanks! I hope to have the opportunity to make that difficult decision to come to Fonty in Jan. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JZHANG2008 wrote:

Hang in there guys!

JZ

The count for R1 was 237. That means only 158 admit offers were made in R2. There are still 100+ seats available between R3 and the waitlists.

Hang in there guys and all the best.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks a lot for the information.

Would you happen to know how many americans have been admitted so far?

Thanks again for your response!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JZHANG2008, if you don't mind, could you please post a M/F and campus breakdown of Koreans?

Thank you so much!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Applicant2011 wrote:
JZHANG2008 wrote:

Hang in there guys!

JZ

The count for R1 was 237. That means only 158 admit offers were made in R2. There are still 100+ seats available between R3 and the waitlists.

Hang in there guys and all the best.

So how many total seats are there for Jan 2011 Intake? I was under the impression that it was 450, but by the calculation above, it seems more like 500?

If anyone knows the answer to this, I would be much obliged. Thanks
Send PM
Hi, all. The current head count on mba connect is 397. There are 34 Americans, 17 M and 17 F. There are 6 Koreans, 3 M and 3 F. 5 of them are starting at Fonty. I am not sure about the size of the intake for the 11D class but 11J has 500 students.

I hope that answers everyone's questions. Hang in there.

JZ
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hello friends,

I am planning to apply to Insead in round 2 for Sept 2011 intake. I worked for 2 years at a MNC and after that I decided to volunteer for 1 year (July 2010 - July 2011) in the non-profit space. My plan is to get an MBA and return to my previous employer (MNC).

My question is regarding the Job essays at Insead
Q1: Please give a detailed description of your job, including nature of work, major responsibilities; and, where relevant, employees under your supervision, size of budget, number of clients/products and results achieved.

This typically asks about our current job. Given the fact that i have only spent 3 months in my current job (non-profit), would it be advisable for me to describe my current job or should i talk about my previous job (MNC) where I have done substantial work.

Q2. Please give us a full description of your career since graduating from university. If you were to remain with your present employer, what would be your next step in terms of position?

This question expects me to articulate what would be my next position at my current job (non-profit). I do not have plans to continue at this job, so should I describe some position that I might be eligible for if i would continue for 2 more years, or should I describe my next position at my previous employer (MNC).

I am confused, I am not sure of the best way to approach these questions. Any guidance from the members is greatly appreciated, thank you.

PS: I am not officially on a sabbatical, I have left my previous company with an understanding that I will rejoin them in 2-3 years.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13