Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:28 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Exec Bios

CEOs(MBA): United Technologies, PepsiCo, UNUMProvident, Genzyme, Citrix System

Sempra Energy (Law), Vulcan Materials (Law)

https://ir.americanstandard.com/mgmt-detail.cfm?id=6538
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Value Considerations

Estimated Outlay at List Price:
In-state: 98 k
Out of state: 108k

https://www.darden.virginia.edu/financialaid/tuitexp.htm

FT05 Value for Money: #63, one of the best among the elite schools but ranked below UNC.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hjort -

Do you have any insight or info on the Legacy admission rates for children of Alumni from Darden?

Thanks,
Mike
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yeah I have heard good things abt Darden and even that they have lots of Consulting firms recruiting from Darden.
J
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
... [#permalink]
Can someone explain Darden's extremely high admit rate this past year? Nearly 50% makes you wonder whats going on.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
This is a bit strange but (in general) I would not make too much out of admit rates or yield. Darden has so many strengths that I would focus on the core attributes of the institution rather than admissions statistics.

It has a well known curriculum, is one of the most effective elite cluster schools in terms of CEO production, and is probably one of the strongest GM programs among the elite cluster. It's a bit regional for my taste, but others will differ on this point.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
i think I know why Darden has high acceptance rate.
It is because the school WANTS interviews to be conducted before you complete your app. It is weird system for sure.
After a poor interview, perhaps, many will just decide not to apply at all..
This is my theory only..

I am curious why Darden would use such method? this will discourage many potential applicants from applying the school.

Obviously, they don't care about the pocket change revenue (application fee) and acceptance rate. Darden deserves higher ranking in USNEWS ranking...!
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Darden provides this interesting curriculum guide including a chart that shows the topics covered each month of the first AY

https://www.darden.edu/uploadedFiles/Pro ... mGuide.pdf
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Darden has changed the links on a lot of their pages. Someone should update the class profile and other info links.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [3]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
Re: Virginia (Darden) [#permalink]
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management
 Q51  V34
Send PM
*hopes this is the right place to ask*

I have been reading a bit about Darden here (and on BSWeek forums) and people project the Darden program to be a very tough one in terms of curriculum and is considered quite stressful compared to other MBAs. Is this true? Also, does this mean that the Darden MBA stresses more on book learning (rather than application)?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi all,
I'm looking for another school also in Virginia which is Virginia Commonweath University. I have visited their website and searching about them.
Of course some information I get is they are "great" and "number 1 in branding management". Even someone in my country said also.
However, I'm still wondering if it's true because I haven't seen any information about it in this forum yet.

I'm going to apply in Fall 2012 and I want to study in Marketing or Branding Management.
I'm not american so that I'm quite confused in choosing school.
Hope that someone can help me.
Many thanks!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Where would you rate Darden vs. Yale SOM? There's a new thread up so weigh in and post your views - darden-vs-yale-som-110560.html#p887807
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 246 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V39
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.49
WE:Analyst (Insurance)
Send PM