Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:21 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Babson '15
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation and College Selection [#permalink]
My criteria is mainly scholarship and return on investment with a good college.I am looking forward to India and Europe region.My interest includes General Management,Strategic Management and Brand Management.

Any guidance ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Scholarships will hard to come by with a 650. I would recommend you to re-take the test if want to be considered for merit based assistance
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Without a scholarship which all colleges would you suggest ?

Is LBS/Oxford/IE/ISB worth a try ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Indian candidates as a collective bunch are fiercely competitive, GMAT heavyweights at most top schools are from India. Given that, my bluntly honest response will be that your chances are very slim, at the schools you've mentioned. Perhaps you should look at schools such as RSM, Manchester, Imperial College and Warrick within Europe. Within the US you can stretch for Kelly, Carlson and Georgia Tech as your reach schools. Whereas SMU Cox, Thunderbird and Iowa (one or two of these three) can be your "safety" schools.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Do you think NUS/NANYANG/HKUST/S.P.Jain Singapore-Dubai is possible ?And, would it be a good option considering the fee and the returns ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am basically looking for 1 year MBA programs.Can you suggest few where my score can be considered for scholarship ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
For one year your're better-off looking at Europe, in the US we have a few but most of them require and undergrad degree in Business. As I eluded to in my earlier post Warwick, MBS and RSM, all of these schools offer scholarships, especially RSM which also has a loan program available.
You should be competitive at NUS/NANYANG ; NUS is the better program. HKUST is going to be difficult to get in, given your GMAT score. Fees at most Asian programs are lower (exception being HKUST), but returns are not as handsome as UK and US, there some exceptions such as INSEAD and ISB . The opportunity cost should also be weighed in, when you evaluate programs. French MBA Grandes écoles programs such as HEC, ESSC and the like are better known for their Brand Management prowess (especially in luxury branding).

Good luck with your application

------------------------------------------
If like'em just press Kudos :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
GPA: 3.88
Send PM
Is there a difference for the amount of time it will take to apply to an MBA program within the U.S. if you are a U.S. citizen compared to applying in another country such as Europe? If so, what's the difference?
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Hi MJ,

Apologies for replying late.

You have a decent profile & avg. GMAT/GPA. With 5+ yrs. of work experience, you are in a perfect stage of your career which mostly b-schools look for. A low GMAT score can certainly be offset by submitting a good essay and working hard on your application and interviews. With the given information, you can also target NUS, Nanyang, HKUST, INSEAD, Warwick, Manchester, Cass, Cranfield & Imperial. You can also try your chances in b-schools by clicking https://www.general-ed.com/chances-of-bschool . As the avg. GMAT range of above schools fall between 590-720, you have fair chances of being selected.

So now, you should focus on your application essays & interviews. This is where you can demonstrate your leadership qualities, professional achievements & other aptitudes. Most schools see a combination of all these things to grant an admission. Even the scholarships depends upon how well you position yourself in essays & interviews.

Let me know in case of further queries or PM me your number to have a detail discussion over profile & selection of b-schools.

Cheers!!
Neha

MJ31 wrote:
Academics:
GMAT score of 650 (Q-48,V-31)
10th : 77 %
12th : 77 %
B.E Civil : 72.3 %
2nd year project done at RUIDP(Rajasthan Urban Infrastructure Development Project) and 3rd Year Project was done with DMRC(Delhi Metro Rail Corporation).
Passout of EPYP-11 (Executive Program of Young Professionals-11) batch of IIMC

Experience:
Work Experience : 5+ years (4 years in Infosys(Technology Analyst) and 8 months in TCS(I.T.Analyst) )
Currently a team lead for a team of 5 members.
International Exposure : 2 months (US) and Singapore (28 days)

Achievement at work:
1) Have achieved Star Performance Award for excellence in work
2) Spearheaded the Windows Server 2008 dogfooding project, which earned the team a Special Recognition Award from the client – Microsoft Corporation.
3) Got lot of client appreciation and manager's appreciation .
4) Article appreciating the work was published on Infosys internal portal "SPARSH".
5) Presented papers in company knowledge portal.

Extra Curricular :
- Achieved Gargi Scholarship(from Rajasthan Government) for outstanding performance in secondary examination.
- Chief organiser of Zephyr- College Level paper presentation contest and member of the organising committee for several state level technical and cultural fests.
- Harding University School of Business, USA certified ‘Communication Connoisseur’, Grade A
- Certified in Salsa Dance from SDIPA(Shaimak Davar Institute of Performing Arts).
- Won Table-Tennis and Badminton events in Inter IBU Sports Meet at Infosys.
- Received recognitions for ideas and initiatives taken for process improvements.
- Lots of random community service(Member of TCS Maitree Club Red )
- Cofounder of StudioMCube (a website development service)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which all colleges can I consider applying to ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
mirfan2 wrote:
For one year your're better-off looking at Europe, in the US we have a few but most of them require and undergrad degree in Business. As I eluded to in my earlier post Warwick, MBS and RSM, all of these schools offer scholarships, especially RSM which also has a loan program available.
You should be competitive at NUS/NANYANG ; NUS is the better program. HKUST is going to be difficult to get in, given your GMAT score. Fees at most Asian programs are lower (exception being HKUST), but returns are not as handsome as UK and US, there some exceptions such as INSEAD and ISB . The opportunity cost should also be weighed in, when you evaluate programs. French MBA Grandes écoles programs such as HEC, ESSC and the like are better known for their Brand Management prowess (especially in luxury branding).

hi,
can you please suggest some more schools for luxury management
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Hi Harsha,

Kindly share your brief profile like GMAT scores, GPA, work experience, short/long term goals, to help me to understand better. Also, you can try your chances in b-schools by clicking https://www.general-ed.com/chances-of-bschool

Cheers!!
NEHA

harsha88 wrote:
mirfan2 wrote:

hi,
can you please suggest some more schools for luxury management
GMAT Club Bot