Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:56 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Status:What to know what someone's dream looks like? Observe a large pile of GMAT books. (c)
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Status:What to know what someone's dream looks like? Observe a large pile of GMAT books. (c)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2929 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
 Q51  V41
Send PM
Re: Overwhelmed [#permalink]
Are you planning to apply this year or next ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My plan was to apply this year, and given the circumstances of my GMAT results, during second round.

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 244 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: CPG Marketing
Schools:Chicago Booth 2013, Ross, Duke , Kellogg , Stanford, Haas
 Q41  V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
I've been trying to manage both at the same time too, even trying to make R1 for 1 or 2 schools. I can't schedule blocks of time to write essays, my thoughts just come to me during the normal course of the day, sometimes I can be extremely productive and come up with some great material in just 1 hour and sometimes I try to sit and work on them for a while and nothing sounds right. I just have been carrying around a little notebook and when I think of something I jot it down. When I'm at work and someone mentions something about a project we worked on or something like that, I'm like "oh yeah, I forgot about that, how can I use that as an example in one of my essays?" and write it down. Then when I have time, I get out my notebook and start putting it all together.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Mobile Creativity. I like it.

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2929 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
 Q51  V41
Send PM
I thought about applying cause I was on a bit of a break from work, but now things are getting busy for me again.

What I have going for me is the GMAT is sorted. What I have going against me is that my average work week is 60-70 hours.

In the light of this, I think I have put off my decision to apply for R2. I think I have a good excuse to visit the US next year, go to school-visits, and decide at ease if and where I apply ... I just thought rushing things may not be ideal.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Schools:Ross
 Q50  V45
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
I guess most people tackle this one step at a time ->gmat -> selecting schools -> working on essay . However if you are short on time, you could do some multitasking. Selecting schools and collecting information on the schools is quite a passive job which could be coupled with studying for GMAT.

I have taken a week off and that has helped me tremendously in working on essays to catch Rd 1.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT Date: 10-22-2011
GPA: 3
WE:Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
make sure you start early preparing for the aplpication... that's what i'm doing - jot down notes from each job you've had in the passt, projects you've worked on etc.etc. - anything that may help. then at some stage down the track when youve finished the gmat or during study breaks you can start to bring all of those notes together to help with ideas etc. for your applciation
GMAT Club Bot