Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:16 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 673 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Wharton (R2 - submitted); HBS (R2 - submitted); IIMA (admitted for 1 year PGPX)
 Q48  V33 GMAT 2: 670  Q46  V36 GMAT 3: 720  Q49  V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 187 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Guys, I'm not sure why the mods won't let me post this, but I got an 800 (51Q/51V) when I took the GMAT back in April 2005. I'm not lying, and I'd be happy to answer anybody's questions or help anybody else that's trying to get a high score. I just wanted to let you guys know that it's not impossible. I only got a 5.5 on the AWA, though, so I didn't really get a true perfect score. Oh well.

- mfg
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
mfg wrote:
Guys, I'm not sure why the mods won't let me post this, but I got an 800 (51Q/51V) when I took the GMAT back in April 2005. I'm not lying, and I'd be happy to answer anybody's questions or help anybody else that's trying to get a high score. I just wanted to let you guys know that it's not impossible. I only got a 5.5 on the AWA, though, so I didn't really get a true perfect score. Oh well.

- mfg

How did you prepare for the test? Was it your first attempt? Why are you posting your results under this thread? If you are legit, then I believe you are second person to claim to have scored an 800 at this club.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I actually tried to post to the other thread, but the mods kept deleting my response and eventually locked the thread. I guess they didn't believe me.

It was my first and only time taking the GMAT, and I prepared by self-studying for about 5 weeks. I used a variety of tests from 800score, the Kaplan GMAT book, and the official PowerPrep software.

I actually ended up on this forum because I was trying to find out how rare a perfect score is. I've always been curious, and I've never gotten a good answer. So if anybody can help me with that, I'd appreciate it.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
mfg wrote:
I actually tried to post to the other thread, but the mods kept deleting my response and eventually locked the thread. I guess they didn't believe me.

It was my first and only time taking the GMAT, and I prepared by self-studying for about 5 weeks. I used a variety of tests from 800score, the Kaplan GMAT book, and the official PowerPrep software.

I actually ended up on this forum because I was trying to find out how rare a perfect score is. I've always been curious, and I've never gotten a good answer. So if anybody can help me with that, I'd appreciate it.

If your quest is what u describe, u should contact directly GMAC. They will provide u any details u want from people here... :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Got bored and came to this Off-Topic forum and read this whole thread when I should have been studying...and I just wanted to say...

LOL. SAD.

k back to studying :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1250 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools:University of Chicago, Wharton School
Send PM
[#permalink]
mfg wrote:

- mfg

you can contribut to the club and prove your score.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
One of the best threads to relieve one's stress during the app process.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Re: [#permalink]
Just bumping this really, really old thread that I stumbled upon because I was looking for people who'd scored 800 on this forum. This thread is actually good for a bit of entertainment - a good story.

Anyway, the post below had me laughing out aloud for a good couple of minutes!

necromonger wrote:
Hey guys hey guys!

I am also got 800!!!! after studying like anything for 4 weeks i gotted 8.5 in AWA (i am think you all not study well so you getted 6.0, but i am telling you 8.5 is poss boss!) and I also gotted Q(59) and V(61). Simply terrific! the gmat screen also told me i am automatic admited to harvad, stamford, wartonn, coolumbia, yeale and insad!

You know, I see this post first thing in the morning and tell myself "wow!", and wanted to look forward to his dissection posts. It was both disappointing (that a lot of things seemed out of place) and insulting/humiliating (because he posts as a fellow Indian, and even quoted scriptures) as things unravelled. Sad.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72865 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Got a perfect GMAT Score: 800 Q51 V52 (Fake) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
See a collection of posts on the 800 topic at the bottom of the first post here : best-gmat-stories-period-98512.html
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
Send PM
and anyway perfect score is not perfect at all in real life
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: HLS
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
CHURCH NORRIS GOT AN 800 ON HIS GMAT AND DROPKICKED THE TESTING PERSONNEL BEFORE THEY COULD TAKE HIS FINGERPRINT. HIS SCORE GOT CANCELLED SAD FACE
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [2]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
Kudos
jdk61710 wrote:
CHURCH NORRIS

Chuck Norris...now comes with special religion power.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: HLS
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Jerz wrote:
jdk61710 wrote:
CHURCH NORRIS

Ahahaha whoops.

But I did hear from somewhere that ~50 people get 800s on the gmat. perhaps it's 50 people in history (not ~50 per some period of time)

But what i do know is that george bush didn't get an 800
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
WE:Project Management (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Ha ha ..this is classic stuff! LMAO!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
 Q44  V37 GMAT 2: 680  Q49  V34
GPA: 2.5
Send PM
i have heard someone in punjab got 800 . but it was many yrs back. might be paper pencil test.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
Jerz wrote:
jdk61710 wrote:
CHURCH NORRIS

This made me LOL so hard.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 518 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Schools: Carey '16
Send PM

this is just a fun passage. now wouldn't it be funny if he just randomly came back in here and with full photo proof of his 800. that'd be the shock of the century.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6