Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:12 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools: USC (Marshall) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.26
WE:Brand Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 244 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: CPG Marketing
Schools:Chicago Booth 2013, Ross, Duke , Kellogg , Stanford, Haas
 Q41  V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Re: Gmat Prep - Hit A Wall!! [#permalink]
Good luck on test day, I've enjoyed reading your progress updates and feel they are really helpful to someone weaker in quant than verbal. Let us know how it goes!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks NewSc2 - I did take the free GMATClub test but decided not to buy the full set as I found the explanations inadequate in most instances. Nevertheless they are indeed valuable materials.

I’ll post up my GMATPrep 2 test score tomorrow and of course a full debrief upon completing the test.

Thank you all for the encouragement thus far!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Took Prep2 test today and got a 670 :evil:

Overall: 44 Quant and 38 Verbal

I mucked up the last quant question (as time was expiring I got nervous) and literally 15 secs after I finished I worked out the correct answer. That's unfortunate but doesn't hide the fact that my progress in quant has been far less ideal than I had hoped. I think a 45 is about where my quant sits at the moment with a 2 point deviation. Had I avoided the silly mistakes on two of the last 4 questions, perhaps the quant score could have been 46.

In terms of verbal, while I can think a lot of negative thoughts (went backwards 2 points on GMATPrep1), truth is I feel a lot more confident today about SC than I did earlier. I still believe that I'm more than capable of pulling a 40+ score on verbal come test day. Optimistic? We'll see.

I need to remain positive and objective... the 670 score only spurs me on as I had planned to ease off a bit with studies and focus on getting the theory and mindset right but will instead ramp up the volume these last few days. I can potentially learn a fair bit from my past mistakes so plan on going through some previous questions which I found challenging.

Please feel free to comment on what you think I should do with 3 days to go.. Logic would suggest that focusing more on quant will help. I did notice that my knowledge on number properties appeared rusty so perhaps revisit the number properties book one more time?

Cheers
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2 
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts