Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:42 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [0]
Given Kudos: 18867
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Re: IMMEDIATE Profile Evaluation and Guidance Needed!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hello,

Sorry to hear about your tough medical issues that have hurt your GPA. That said, you can still do a number of things to get into a decent MBA program (not the top programs with your profile, but you know that already)

What are you doing for work, or have you not worked before? Have you started thinking about your personal stories, essay topics, what your application strategy will be? With your profile, it is very important to have the right messaging come across in your application to offset the grades and the GPA. Given your reaction to your GMAT, I take it you cannot improve that at all, correct?

Contact me separately for additional guidance or if you seek some in depth professional coaching. My guidance that I can provide here is to think about how you will address your young age and lack of work experience, and have your GPA story concise and consistent, since you should mention it in the optional essays. That said, you can still have a good shot if you put together a solid application. Good luck and I look forward to hearing from you once you browse my site if you are interested in talking in more detail.

-Scott
scott@personalmbacoach.com
www.personalmbacoach.com
--Free application strategy discussion & initial essay review
GMAT Club Bot
Re: IMMEDIATE Profile Evaluation and Guidance Needed!! [#permalink]