Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:29 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: Georgia Tech MBA fall 2011 [#permalink]
i m also interested in the collg which u hv mentioned. wut's ur score? wut all collgs aprt frm ths r u focusing on?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
:)
i have not given my gmat yet... with the scores from mocks, i see myself as quite poor. so working on it.
if u r also interested in the colleges i have mentioned, you might want to check this as well.
georgia-terry-15713.html
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Also, just to add G.Tech asks for more than 700 score in gmat.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey oom, can you give me details of your colleges?? what is your score? what is your profile?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
GPA: 3.4 Ivy
WE 1: 3 years for major bank
Send PM
Kudos
viksag wrote:

Given that the average GMAT is a 678, I don't believe this is true.

https://mgt.gatech.edu/mba/fulltime/admi ... ofile.html

The only prerequisite appears to be a C or better grade in a college level Calculus class. Since Georgia Tech tailors its niche program to the engineering and computer science crowd, I doubt that's a problem for many applicants.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Jeanette wrote:
viksag wrote:

The only prerequisite appears to be a C or better grade in a college level Calculus class. Since Georgia Tech tailors its niche program to the engineering and computer science crowd, I doubt that's a problem for many applicants.

Hey thanks for your comments... i said 700+ as one of my friend who is currently enrolled into the program told me that for Indians they usually select 700+. I'll just give him a call today to know more about the score and stuffs... (If I remember correctly, he scored around 720). I'll just check with him and update you all.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools:Terry, Georgia Tech
 Q50  V40
GPA: 7.87
WE 1: Working for Wipro Technologies since April 2010
Send PM
viksag wrote:
Jeanette wrote:
viksag wrote:

Hey thanks for your comments... i said 700+ as one of my friend who is currently enrolled into the program told me that for Indians they usually select 700+. I'll just give him a call today to know more about the score and stuffs... (If I remember correctly, he scored around 720). I'll just check with him and update you all.

Hey,

I am planning to apply to Gerogia Tech too for the Fall 2011 session. My Gmat score is 740 but the problem is that my work ex would only be 15 months by August 2011. Can you tell me if it is possible to make it despite the ack of few months work ex?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
I think you have a great score... they'll surely take you in. But please do concentrate on your essays.
Try out few other schools as well like Emory... with your score I think you'll be able to get in there as well... just try it out. Your less work exposure is compensated by your GMAT score... but you have focus a lot on your essays.... and if they turn out to be good... i don't see anything coming in between u and your school.
Manager
Manager
 Q50  V40
Send PM
viksag wrote:
I think you have a great score... they'll surely take you in. But please do concentrate on your essays.
Try out few other schools as well like Emory... with your score I think you'll be able to get in there as well... just try it out. Your less work exposure is compensated by your GMAT score... but you have focus a lot on your essays.... and if they turn out to be good... i don't see anything coming in between u and your school.

Thanks a lot! its good to hear someone think positively of my chances for a change :D !! Actually i am planning to apply to Terry and Georgia only this year... mostly because i don't have the financial means to apply to more schools right now.

One more query, does georgia tech interview all applicants or only those who have cleared the first round of the application process?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Georgia Tech does not interview all candidates. It only interviews those selected for the interview based on their profile - (gmat, score, experience, GPA, essays etc..). In addition to the admissions committee, the Career Services of Georgia Tech also participates in the interview and the over all admissions process.

Good Luck to all who have applied to Georgia Tech! Its a great school! It recently went up in Business Week rankings to #2 in terms of job placement.

samidh wrote:
viksag wrote:

Thanks a lot! its good to hear someone think positively of my chances for a change :D !! Actually i am planning to apply to Terry and Georgia only this year... mostly because i don't have the financial means to apply to more schools right now.

One more query, does georgia tech interview all applicants or only those who have cleared the first round of the application process?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:MIT (rejected), Ross (admit), UNC (admit), Emory (admit), Georgia Tech (admit), McCombs (interviewed, waiting...forever)
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Any other applicants to GT? Recently accepted and trying to gather as much info/insight as possible. Anyone else going to the Admit Day on April 2nd?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have been admitted and will be joining this fall. I am not sure about going to the admit day on April 2nd. Just visited the college 2 weeks back so might not go again.

wafflehouse, what about you? are you joining the program this fall?

wafflehouse wrote:
Any other applicants to GT? Recently accepted and trying to gather as much info/insight as possible. Anyone else going to the Admit Day on April 2nd?
Manager
Manager
 Q50  V40
Send PM
Hi,

I have applied to Georgia Tech on December last week and the current status of my application ( as shown on buzzport) is "PreEval-Dept. Decision Pending". Those who have already received admits and others who know he admission process at Tech, can you tell me what this means? And what is the procedure that would follow?

Also, people who have got admits, could you please share the kind of financial assistance/assistantships you have received. I would love to know this since in my application I had mentioned that I would require financial assistance.

Congratulations for the success and all the best for your future!

Thank You!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have received full fee waiver in the form of Graduate Assistantship salary at the college.

samidh wrote:
Hi,

I have applied to Georgia Tech on December last week and the current status of my application ( as shown on buzzport) is "PreEval-Dept. Decision Pending". Those who have already received admits and others who know he admission process at Tech, can you tell me what this means? And what is the procedure that would follow?

Also, people who have got admits, could you please share the kind of financial assistance/assistantships you have received. I would love to know this since in my application I had mentioned that I would require financial assistance.

Congratulations for the success and all the best for your future!

Thank You!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I also just received an admit last week. They are offering a part time graduate assistantship, where they'll cover half of my expenses for working up to 7 hours a week. I'm still waiting to hear back from Darden, but I'm pretty sure I'll be at Tech this fall!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi,

Could anyone tell me about their interview experience? The kind of questions you were asked? Were you questioned on the current events?
The info would be of great help!

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
My interview was pretty straightforward (i.e., your weaknesses, your experiences, etc.). They did ask me a hypothetical "what if" question regarding a certain situation one might experience at business school, but overall it was pretty straightforward.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts