Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 12:42 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [1]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Re: 700 GMAT Need Advice [#permalink]
Booth is easier than H/S/W i cant comment on your chances with such little info, I think its within reach.

You have to factor in the advantage of going to a school like Booth, you will have opportunities there that are very very hard to come by at the other schools you are looking at.

And you're not in yet, there is a lot of work to be done, why not apply and cross that bridge when you get to it?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
sk818020 wrote:
jordanhendrix wrote:
with those stats, only your WE may come up as a potential problem. Its a little on the light side and quality may come into question, I'm not sure what companies you work for but top schools will care. And usually internships aren't counted as WE.

That said, I think you can shoot for any school you want. Way better than where you are applying now. Out side of H/S/W which are tough for everyone regardless of stats, you should get more ambitious with your choices.

Where?....well, now you have research to do....

Here is a question I struggle with and the reason I may be too modest in my applications this far. I know that I stand a decent shot at several top 10ish programs. What I'm concerned with is, if I get accepted do I really want to finance all 150k or whatever it will cost (I'm going at this alone). Do you have any advice from this perspective?

Also, I think ideally I would go to booth. You think I stand a decent shot of acceptance there?

Hi Sk,

it is nice that you are thinking about exit strategy as well. Your profile looks good. You stand good chance at some of the UE schools for sure. It is just that about 250K price tag that matters.

May be if you ask about the reason for MBA and what you are capable in long term, you might take the plunge of 250K price tag of UE schools. If you feel that you can make use of the program, then you can go for it.

~ nag
GMAT Club Bot