Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:41 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 211 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:LBS
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2011 [#permalink]
Hi, KAS1986
Thanks for your help.
I wanna engage in marketing or media in the future. I always hear that LBS is more finance focused, maybe consulting or investment bank and to succeed in applying for LBS mim, applicants had better have internships in these areas, is that so ? I'm worried about that since my internships have nothing to do with that.
Thanks
[quote="KAS1986"]Hi everyone,

I thought I would help my friend Kitsune out with answering some of your questions. I'm currently enrolled in the MiM program at LBS and am interested in pursuing a career in Media. If you any of you are looking to go in areas other than Finance and Consulting and want to know about the opportunities offered at LBS, feel free to ask. The application questions listed above are the same ones I had to answer on my application last year and I doubt they've changed that much. When writing your answers, of course highlight your academic and professional achievements, but keep in mind that LBS isn't your typical business school. You need to be intelligent and motivated to get in, but what they really want are interesting people so try to put your personality across in your essays. Make them want to invite you to an interview because you're a person they'd love to sit down with and get to know. If you get accepted you will be privileged to meet some of most interesting people you've ever come across and they will all inspire you and teach you different things. It's a very social place, so if you want to stay in your room all year and only do homework you'll miss out on the whole experience. The great thing about LBS is that we learn from each other. Before class even started we received individual 20 page personality profiles. In addition to classes we meet with psychologists, individually and in groups, to determine the strengths and weaknesses of our personality and working styles and how we can adapt them to work with others. Just be prepared to leave your ego at the door! Oh, and get a smart phone. You'll need it :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Heyyy guys congos for an offer frm LBS....!!!!
I'm new to this forum,recently gave my gmat xam in which i scred 610(which is very avg) and given my educational background of 90.3% in 10th grade,89.2%in 12th grade and 8.6 cgpa in my undergard,do i have a chance to get admission in MIM in LBS or LSE?????????
Pllsss pls throw sum insights on that....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
yyy627

You definitely don't need to have internships in finance or consulting to be accepted into MiM. There are people here with all different types of backgrounds who want to go into many different sectors after graduation. Of course it helps if you have internships that reflect your career goals (media, marketing), but this is technically a pre-experience program so internships aren't necessary. Any experience you have will work in your favor, especially if you can relate how the skills you learned could help you in your future career aspirations. Just to give you example, my experiences were retail (part time) several Media internships, and a contract at pharmaceutical company, but all of those allowed me to develop useful skills.

pulkitgoel16,

I can't comment on your specific chances of getting accepted. It may be helpful to look at some student profiles on the program website or contact AdCom. Of course, you should always try to make your application as competitive as possible so it may be worth taking the GMAT again. At this point, your grades and work experience isn't likely to change too much, so your application essays and GMAT score are the only things you can work on.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanx a lot fr ur reply sir.But i don't have much tym to give gmat again as i wish to apply for sept2011 in first round itself.So you think there is no point applying with this score?
Secondly,i would like to know whether with this score i've chances for MSc International managaement?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
If you feel you'd like to improve your GMAT score by retaking the exam, you would still have a good shot at getting admitted in later rounds. I know plenty of people who were accepted all the way up through Round 5. LBS looks at the whole package, so they're not going to reject someone just based on a GMAT score. I know people who received scores lower than the average but because they had other strengths in their application they were admitted. If you'd like to go to LBS you shouldn't let your GMAT score stop you from applying. As far as I know, LBS doesn't offer a Msc in International Management. You'd probably be better off asking that question in a different forum.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
 Q46  V34
Send PM
ditto at the smartphone comment of my friend KAS1986! lol!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i had some questions regarding uploading of file on lbs website.
1>where to upload the ielts cerificate.is it the same place where we have to upload our previous marksheet
2>do we to upload marksheet one by one or combine all my marksheet in a single file and then upload it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
one more question can the cv be more than 1 page.as the cv template they have provided is only one page
Manager
Manager
 Q46  V34
Send PM
rounak1988 wrote:
one more question can the cv be more than 1 page.as the cv template they have provided is only one page

I'd recommend to stick to their format... the LBS CV is only 1 page for even EMBAs...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
plz someone answer the rest of the questions
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I don't know what the current application website looks like since I don't have access to it, but I uploaded any additional documents in the section that's labeled as such, which I believe is the same place where you can upload your transcript. I don't know about any English language exams because I didn't have to take them. I would put your transcript into one file, unless it's several transcripts for separate programs. Then I would upload them separately. If you have any more questions about the application form, I would suggest contacting the admissions committee.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sir i'm bothering you but again i would like to ask whether i've chances for Msc International Managemnt in LSE...I personally believe that it should not be a problem as this course is not a competetive one
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sorry, I don't know anything about LSE as I didn't apply.

And I'm a girl, so the sir isn't necessary ;)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I backed out of the application process after looking at the european market situation, return for investment and the average salaries of different MiM programs being just half of an MBA program, thus making an MBA inevitable.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
You can't really compare salaries of MiM graduates with MBA graduates as this is a pre-experience and MBA's must have a minimum of five years of work experience. Even with a MiM, a company is still not going to pay a graduate anything close to what they'd pay a candidate with substantial work experience and an MBA. You would also not be applying to the same positions as MBA graduates. The benefit of the MiM at LBS is that you learn tangible business skills as opposed to academic theory and get access to the school's alumni. You also interact with MBA, MiF and other students on a regular basis, which is a fantastic networking opportunity. Many of the older students were employed at companies that MiMs are applying to, so they have a lot of contacts. LBS just gives you the opportunity to get hired at a higher caliber company than if you just applied direct from undergrad. It is not meant to be a replacement for an MBA.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, KAS1986
so what about the employment of MiM graduates
And do many applicants fail in the interview round?
Many thx

KAS1986 wrote:
You can't really compare salaries of MiM graduates with MBA graduates as this is a pre-experience and MBA's must have a minimum of five years of work experience. Even with a MiM, a company is still not going to pay a graduate anything close to what they'd pay a candidate with substantial work experience and an MBA. You would also not be applying to the same positions as MBA graduates. The benefit of the MiM at LBS is that you learn tangible business skills as opposed to academic theory and get access to the school's alumni. You also interact with MBA, MiF and other students on a regular basis, which is a fantastic networking opportunity. Many of the older students were employed at companies that MiMs are applying to, so they have a lot of contacts. LBS just gives you the opportunity to get hired at a higher caliber company than if you just applied direct from undergrad. It is not meant to be a replacement for an MBA.
Manager
Manager
 Q46  V34
Send PM
yyy627 wrote:
Hi, KAS1986
so what about the employment of MiM graduates
And do many applicants fail in the interview round?
Many thx

Hi there! The employment report should be published in the following weeks. As far as I know, only a handful of MiMs didn’t get a job last year and you have to take into account that some of them actually rejected job offers, last year was awful for employment and it was the programme’s first year! I don’t know what the Employment Report will be like but I can assure you that 2011’s will be better!

Regarding admission stats, we do not have access to them.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts