Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:58 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management
Schools:London Business School Class of 2013
 Q50  V36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [3]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 373 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Finance & Strategic Management
Schools:Wharton/Lauder Class of 2013
 Q50  V41
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Big Four Advisory
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink]
cli2g13 wrote:
Just got done with my hub interview in Shanghai, thought I'd update y'all while I wait for my flight.
Same basic experience as others have previously mentioned 3 behavioral type questions. one about taking a lead, one about considering others' views on a project, and another about convincing someone. the whole thing lasted about 20min. not sure what to think about that.
My interviewer was a consultant that didn't go to Wharton, so she couldn't answer some of my school specific questions.
other thoughts: she was nice, but professional, didn't waste any time on small talk, just told me that she'd ask me 3 q's and would talk notes, and leave time for me to ask questions at the end. she didn't have my resume either.

I forgot to get her business card, should I even bother tracking down her email and sending a thank you note? I'm thinking of not doing it since there was nothing memorable about the conversation...

Thanks for the debrief. It seems odd that they're using consultants.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
i agree, not a great way to sell the school. had to cut my questions short after she told me that she wasn't very up to date with school specific initiatives.. but I don't really think that part really matters, all they are required to report is the three responses.
there was definitely a list as she circled a question on each page, but it looked to me like she circled the same places on different pages, yet still asked different q's..
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CA
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Kellogg
Send PM
cli2g13 wrote:
i agree, not a great way to sell the school. had to cut my questions short after she told me that she wasn't very up to date with school specific initiatives.. but I don't really think that part really matters, all they are required to report is the three responses.
there was definitely a list as she circled a question on each page, but it looked to me like she circled the same places on different pages, yet still asked different q's..

That means you got 4 out of 4 in all the 3 questions. :done
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
lol.. we'll see about that.. fingers crossed...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [2]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:Kellogg (accepted!), HBS (ding w/int), Wharton (WL R1, accepted R2!!)
Send PM
Kudos
staind wrote:
ClearAdmit Wiki wrote:
116. Round 1 / Alum / Off-Campus (Published November 16th, 2010)
The interview was 30 minutes long. After chatting for a few minutes, the interview explained that we would be conducting a behavioral interview and that she would be taking lots of notes. For the next 23 minutes I was asked a total of three questions.
Tell me when you have ensured that a task has been completed, when others seemed less focused than you on completing it.
Describe a time when you worked towards an important goal and had to address conflict between two or more team members.
Explain a time when you persuaded others to your way of thinking, when at first they didn’t agree with your idea.
For each of the answers, I explained the background of my story, the steps I took to achieve the goal and the end result. The interview did not ask any follow up questions – she just kept taking lots of notes.
In the last few minutes, she asked me if I had any questions for her. I asked about the Wharton partners program and why the career office and admissions office is overseen by the same person. That’s it.

My questions were exactly the same, in the same order
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
zorro wrote:
staind wrote:
ClearAdmit Wiki wrote:
116. Round 1 / Alum / Off-Campus (Published November 16th, 2010)
The interview was 30 minutes long. After chatting for a few minutes, the interview explained that we would be conducting a behavioral interview and that she would be taking lots of notes. For the next 23 minutes I was asked a total of three questions.
Tell me when you have ensured that a task has been completed, when others seemed less focused than you on completing it.
Describe a time when you worked towards an important goal and had to address conflict between two or more team members.
Explain a time when you persuaded others to your way of thinking, when at first they didn’t agree with your idea.
For each of the answers, I explained the background of my story, the steps I took to achieve the goal and the end result. The interview did not ask any follow up questions – she just kept taking lots of notes.
In the last few minutes, she asked me if I had any questions for her. I asked about the Wharton partners program and why the career office and admissions office is overseen by the same person. That’s it.

My questions were exactly the same, in the same order

I should add that it was on campus with a current student
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Schools:Wharton - Class of 2013
 Q50  V47
GPA: 3.4 princeton
WE 1: 2y bb ib
WE 2: 2y Mid market PE
Send PM
zorro wrote:

Did you ask any questions about wharton at the end?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:HBS (ding), Wharton (invite/ding), MIT (R1), Tuck (Nov), Darden (R2), Columbia (R2)
GPA: 3.65 public university
WE 1: GRE (Q:740 V:370)
WE 2: Career: 3 years in Online Marketing
WE 3: Came to US at the age of 18 from Ukraine
Send PM
Guys, what i don't understand yet is what makes response to be graded as 3 vs. 4 for example. eye contact? details of names of people in your stories? how wide your smile is? whether you say a lot of buzz words: leadership, collaboration, result-oriented???
Where is the Sandy when we need him )))))
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Jmw125 wrote:
zorro wrote:

Did you ask any questions about wharton at the end?

Yes, they gave me like 20 minutes for questions and I only had 2 or 3 prepared. Had to think on my feet a bit, but they were done taking notes anyway.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
polasky wrote:
Guys, what i don't understand yet is what makes response to be graded as 3 vs. 4 for example. eye contact? details of names of people in your stories? how wide your smile is? whether you say a lot of buzz words: leadership, collaboration, result-oriented???
Where is the Sandy when we need him )))))

ahem, Sandy was here before you knew you needed him, telling you exactly what the process would be, and exactly how the questions would leak out, which they now have, as per above post, and exactly why this process sucks, and is unfair. Is there anyone who now thinks that a kid reading this blog and going to a Wharton interview next week is not in A TOTALLY better and unfair position versus kid who walked into this clusterfrock cold last week, with no idea what was about to hit him. And please note, even the Wharton die-hards and eternal brown nosers, even they, are now coming to the conclusion that having contract workers administer this junk is not exactly good way to sell the school.

As to 3 versus 4, well, to get a four you need to use your imagination. imagine yourself in one of those Cambodian Killing Field/Cultural Revolution Self-Criticism sessions, where the future ideal Wharton party hack gets up and does 3 things:
1. Convinces the wrong thinkers that (his/the party, the collective) idea is more powerful than any individual idea.
2. Cheerleads the slackers and the team that by saying that following TEAM SPIRIT and endless self-criticism sessions, ALL can overcome the problem--constant cheerleading is something you need to do.
3. Talks about working 'collectively' versus running dog individualism as best way to solve problen, and hides fact that in 1 above his idea (party idea) was actually better. So 3 is basically your ability to ram down the throats of the comrades the party line GREAT IDEA and have them believe the idea arose from the people, --in short 1. have best idea (disguised as synthesis of all other ideas) 2. Cheerlead for Party Self Criticism Sessions and collective action. 3. Keep saying, despite evidence to the contrary, that you are all collaborating.
"As things grew heated, I told the comrades that by following collective thinking and brainstorming, we would create better, collective idea, which is better than any single idea. Then we created that idea, which was _____(sorta my idea), then I stressed again that it was collective team think that got us here, and that we dont need no stinking individual ideas like Einstein and Newton b.c. we are team and our ideas are strong, and collective, and always better than any one idea, and by the way, in the face of the team, there is no gravity, and nothing is relative, it is all ABSOLUTE!"

Interesting quote fr. new Talib (Black Swan guy) book in New York Times today, "There are two types of people, those who want to win arguments and those who want to win."
Friends, which type are you????

by the way, my model answer, honset self-reflection about how you would do same thing over again, and raising ethical concerns about solutions-SCORES YOU NOTHING FROM THE CONTRACT WORKER, NO ROOM FOR THAT ON SCORING GRID.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Kudos
Interesting quote fr. new Talib (Black Swan guy) book in New York Times today, "There are two types of people, those who want to win arguments and those who want to win."
Friends, which type are you????

HA HA, OF COURSE, I AM THE TYPE WHO LIKES TO WIN ARGUMENTS, BUT YOU DONT HAVE TO DOOM YOURSELF TO BE LIKE ME, YOU CAN SHUT UP, DO WHAT I TELL YOU, ADMIT I AM RIGHT, AND GO TO WHARTON. WHERE YOU WILL FIND THE PROFESSORS ARE WAY SMARTER THAN THE DWEEB/HIPSTERS NOW RUNNING THE ADCOM
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CFA
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Columbia Business School '13
 Q50  V42
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Wharton is one of the best schools in the world, but what the F were they thinking with this interview process? "Great, let's allow prospective students to sit down with someone that has zero connection with Wharton, ask them a bunch of random behavioral questions, and watch them either 1) squirm because they were hit absolutely unaware or 2) rail off some contrived leadership/experience story.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Consulting, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
So anyone today with interview experience?

Hope you guys are doing well
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Schools:Wharton, Columbia, Sloan
 Q50  V47
Send PM
Hey how do I RSVP? The note says that I need to RSVP a couple of days before my scheduled on-campus interview.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Schools:Wharton - Class of 2013
 Q50  V47
GPA: 3.4 princeton
WE 1: 2y bb ib
WE 2: 2y Mid market PE
Send PM
minime2 wrote:
Hey how do I RSVP? The note says that I need to RSVP a couple of days before my scheduled on-campus interview.

I'm doing my on campus interview tomorrow and never saw anything about an RSVP. Got an email a couple of days ago from Wharton reminding me of the date (cause I guess they thought I might not be constantly thinking about it for the past two weeks), so don't think any RSVP is necessary...
Manager
Manager
Schools:Wharton, Columbia, Sloan
 Q50  V47
Send PM
Jmw125 wrote:
minime2 wrote:

I'm doing my on campus interview tomorrow and never saw anything about an RSVP. Got an email a couple of days ago from Wharton reminding me of the date (cause I guess they thought I might not be constantly thinking about it for the past two weeks), so don't think any RSVP is necessary...

Hey! All the best!! Yeah no big deal about the RSVP...just thought I'd ask
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy,Finance,Marketing
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2013
Send PM
I also received a reminder email about my interview on campus on Friday but nothing about an RSVP. Did anyone interview today and has any feedback?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  45   46   47   48   49  ...  167   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts