Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 21:03 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 369 [0]
Given Kudos: 151
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink]
I interviewed earlier this week and it still reads invite to interview. Av when did your status change?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 104
Concentration: Finance; Entrepreneurship
Schools:MIT Sloan Class of 2013
 Q49  V36
Send PM
MBABound11 wrote:
I interviewed earlier this week and it still reads invite to interview. Av when did your status change?

Invite to Interview status won't change until Dec 15th, which is the final decision date.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:Stanford R1, Wharton R1, Chicago R1, UCLA R1, Cornell R2
 Q49  V45
GPA: 3.96
Send PM
Kudos
Completed my interview on campus today. I interviewed with a second year, though there were also alumni doing interviews on campus.

Very pleasant, conversational, he had clearly reviewed my resume ahead of time. We started off with "why are you excited to come to booth?" then walked through my resume. I took a long time working through this, I have an unusual background so I had to elaborate on almost everything. I think this was good because all his follow up questions related to details I had mentioned during the resume review.

He asked a "why now" specific to my situation. Then asked three to four questions about my back story and skills (stuff not on my resume), "can you give an example of a time you used x skill?" I wouldn't worry about getting these if you have a fairly common field of work. Then asked how I would describe myself as a leader. I asked a couple questions and it was done. A little over 30 minutes total.

I feel good about the experience. I can think of a couple things I could have said better, but that's always how it is. Good luck to everyone still waiting to interview (and all of us in the final stretch! :) )

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General
 Q48  V36 GMAT 2: 740  Q50  V41
WE 1: Manufacturing
WE 2: Analytics
Send PM
screwed up big time ... very simple but i did my best to screw it up..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Booth (R1 Accepted)
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
kt780 wrote:
screwed up big time ... very simple but i did my best to screw it up..

Sorry to hear that ... but you never know ... hang in there.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Booth (R1 Accepted)
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
A very large % of people who posted here about their interviews seem to be pretty happy about their interview experiences (sorry kt780 for this badly timed post of mine). And I read either here or somewhere else that about 50% get an admit after they have been interviewed.

So does that mean that interview experience does not really translate to an admit/no-admit decision? Since a total of 4 people have gone through our file up until this point, what/who else decides our fate?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
earlycareerMBA wrote:
Completed my interview on campus today. I interviewed with a second year, though there were also alumni doing interviews on campus.

Very pleasant, conversational, he had clearly reviewed my resume ahead of time. We started off with "why are you excited to come to booth?" then walked through my resume. I took a long time working through this, I have an unusual background so I had to elaborate on almost everything. I think this was good because all his follow up questions related to details I had mentioned during the resume review.

He asked a "why now" specific to my situation. Then asked three to four questions about my back story and skills (stuff not on my resume), "can you give an example of a time you used x skill?" I wouldn't worry about getting these if you have a fairly common field of work. Then asked how I would describe myself as a leader. I asked a couple questions and it was done. A little over 30 minutes total.

I feel good about the experience. I can think of a couple things I could have said better, but that's always how it is. Good luck to everyone still waiting to interview (and all of us in the final stretch! :) )

Did anyone receive a reply to the thank-you note ? My interviewer replied with a "best of luck in your business school application process" . Does it mean I am dinged ? The last bschool where I interviewed , the interviewer wished me luck at the end of the interview. That school dinged me.
Any thoughts ??
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V36
Send PM
anytimeuneed wrote:
Did anyone receive a reply to the thank-you note ? My interviewer replied with a "best of luck in your business school application process" . Does it mean I am dinged ? The last bschool where I interviewed , the interviewer wished me luck at the end of the interview. That school dinged me.
Any thoughts ??

haha I had the exact same experience. I hope not!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools:Duke (R1-int/WL), UCLA (R1), Haas (R2-int/WL-ding), Cornell - R3 (Accepted with $$), , Darden Class of 2013 (R2)
WE 1: 4 years non profit management
WE 2: 2 years real estate
Send PM
anytimeuneed wrote:
earlycareerMBA wrote:

Any thoughts ??

You always say "good luck" to someone at the end of an interview, whether you want to accept him or her to a job or not. It doesn't mean anything, on my opinion.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:Stanford R1, Wharton R1, Chicago R1, UCLA R1, Cornell R2
 Q49  V45
GPA: 3.96
Send PM
anytimeuneed wrote:

I didn't send a thank you note. My interviewer didn't give me a card or contact info. I kind of got the feeling that they didn't want you contacting them to try and influence the interview report.

But with an alumni interviewer that may be appropriate.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 369 [1]
Given Kudos: 151
Send PM
Kudos
anytimeuneed wrote:
Any thoughts ??

The interviewer doesn't make the final decision. He/she sends the report to AdCom within 2 days and then AdCom reviews the report again and makes the final decision. I guess not only based on the interview report, but on the entire application.

Hence, at the time of answering your thank you note, the interviewer doesn't know whether you will be admitted or not.

You are over-thinking.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
rid82 wrote:
anytimeuneed wrote:
Any thoughts ??

The interviewer doesn't make the final decision. He/she sends the report to AdCom within 2 days and then AdCom reviews the report again and makes the final decision. I guess not only based on the interview report, but on the entire application.

Hence, at the time of answering your thank you note, the interviewer doesn't know whether you will be admitted or not.

You are over-thinking.

thank you , rid .. that helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I had my interview on-campus with an alum on Saturday. It was a very relaxed and conversational interview. We went through the usual "walk me through your resume", "why an MBA?", and "Why Booth" kind of questions. We also discussed at length my work profile because of how uncommon it is. Finally, I asked him about his experiences at Booth. I thought I did well, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Which leads me to ask, do we know if they are going to be calling admitted applicant before the 15th or will all decisions be sent out only on the 15th?
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V36
Send PM
JustAnotherIndian wrote:
I had my interview on-campus with an alum on Saturday. It was a very relaxed and conversational interview. We went through the usual "walk me through your resume", "why an MBA?", and "Why Booth" kind of questions. We also discussed at length my work profile because of how uncommon it is. Finally, I asked him about his experiences at Booth. I thought I did well, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Which leads me to ask, do we know if they are going to be calling admitted applicant before the 15th or will all decisions be sent out only on the 15th?

They usually call most of the admitted applicants a day early.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Booth R1 (WL), NYU R1 (WL), Kellogg JD/MBA R2, Tepper R2, Ross R2 (admit)
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: Mortgage
Send PM
Just finished my interview on-campus on Saturday, it was a great experience. I loved the school, and I feel like the interview went really well (2nd year student, 45 minutes great rapport).

It's going to be a really long next 3 weeks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 358 [1]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Kellogg(Evening),Booth (Evening)
 Q51  V34
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: 5 Years
Send PM
Kudos
Just got a call from the Admissions Director at Booth.
I have been accepted into the Evening MBA program for summer 2011.
I was surprised to get an admission decision in less thank a week.
Wow I am excited, Booth was the only school I applied to and was accepted.

Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have.

Thanks,
Atish
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Congratulations Atish!

atish wrote:
Just got a call from the Admissions Director at Booth.
I have been accepted into the Evening MBA program for summer 2011.
I was surprised to get an admission decision in less thank a week.
Wow I am excited, Booth was the only school I applied to and was accepted.

Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have.

Thanks,
Atish
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  37   38   39   40   41  ...  185   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts