Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 22:35 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 22:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: NYU Langone - Spring 2011 [#permalink]
@Almontas33 can u update your profile in the excel on the first page for reference :)
I am currently waiting for a decision on the weekend program!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FYI I got waitlisted last friday, 11/19. Tried to schedule a face to face and actually get in front of someone from admissions but was denied. waitlist doesn't look very promising.

have some interviews for full time top 30 programs and already in at fordham so not sweating it too much.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Still waiting on Kroll... i've submitted 48 days,

I called Kroll and they informed me they finished and sent my verification to NYU on Oct 28...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Kroll Verification - Seems its a big project in itself...It has been around 52 days for me too...No word from either Kroll or Stern...

I contacted Kroll around 10-12 days back. They said that they cannot tell me anything & asked me to contact Stern...I wrote an email to Stern & they again sent a generic reply like - we process all the verification cases in a timely fashion. Thanks for your interest in our MBA program. etc..:)

Not sure what all info Kroll is verifying...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Same with me on the Kroll situation. It's been 49 days and no words from Stern. However, I was contacted by Kroll a couple times for info regarding my previous employer, which is a foreign company. It looks like anything international will take longer.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I don't have any international experience and i went to college in US... Maybe holiday time is taking its toll :)?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I also submitted the 3rd week of october or so. according to kroll they were done before the end of october and stern has had it since.

i've been wondering whether there was some discrepancy i didn't realize when i submitted the app but with others having the same issue, maybe they're just slow. i also have no international experiences in my history
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hope everyone had a nice thanksgiving!

I also submitted mine at the end of october. no word yet. I have a pretty short employment history and everything (college, work) is in the US so not sure what the hold up is. shrug.

I took the quant assessment over the weekend and passed. It wasn't too bad and its not timed. I've submitted all my other info so pretty much just waiting on the kroll verification.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Sigma Xi
Concentration: Finance
Schools:NYU
 Q47  V41
Send PM
I started the verification process in early november. Someone from Kroll India sent me an email asking for. copies of my BS degree. Haven't heard back from them since.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hey everyone!! For some reason, I stopped getting email updates for this thread, but just randomly checked back today. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Just took the Quant exam and passed with 90%. I had been stressing about this, but finally decided to try it once before I bought an expensive book. I made it though, but will probably still get some sort of MBA math review book before classes start. Looking for something slightly less costly than the $200 online tutorial Stern mentioned...anyone have a recommendation?

Other than that, I'm pretty much ready to go! Looking forward to finding out my core group so I'll know which of you lovely people I'll be getting to know in February! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone, will anybody be traveling from Philadelphia to Stern for classes? I live in Philly and I'll be doing the commute every Saturday. I'd like to find out if anyone will be doing the same.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi. I will be commuting from philly as well but will leave on friday night. Looks like I'll be a frequent Bolt bus rider or train rider soon. Will you be driving up?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have different things at different stages now
- Kroll - Still pending. Its beyond my comprehension why Kroll would need so much time to verify some very simple stuff. Also, I am not sure if they do so much verification for $100. If they really do, I would say they provide good "value for money".
- Health Docs - Had been to a doctor for getting the titer done. The results showed that I am immune to mumps & rubella but wasn't immune to measles. Hence, I got one MMR shot a few days back. Second one is due in the first week of December. It is interesting to note that me & my kid, both are taking MMR shots at approximately the same time. :) Also, my insurance company refused to pay for the titer. So again, I had to shell out 100 bucks from my pocket to get that done. huh!!!
- Quantitative Exam - have been procrastinating this for a while now. Will need to get onto it very soon.
- There is some new tutorial on plagiarism on the web site. Haven't got a chance to see what that is. Should be something simple though.
- Haven't paid the fees too. Am waiting from Kroll verification or mid- Dec (whichever is earlier) before depositing 8.5k
- Haven't registered for pre-term yet. Will do that this week.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am with you langoneSpring2011

No way i am paying fees before i get Kroll in.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
antihero - I would have agreed with you but seems it may not be possible to hold off payment of tuition fees for long. Reason - Tuition payment has a last date while kroll verification doesn't.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
has everyone received the financial aid letters? still haven't seen it come through
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I completed the plagiarism tutorial and the quiz that followed. once you pass, you just have to print out the certificate that is displayed and bring it to preterm.

I got my financial aid letter awhile back. they send you notification to your stern email only. have you checked yours? you will not receive a paper copy. otherwise, maybe you can call/email the fin aid office to see if/when they processed your fafsa.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10